• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Introducing the LoveFab WFS NSX Chassis Bracing System

This is a:
[x] Direct vendor group buy
Minimum Number of Units: 5 Complete sets to lock-in special pricing.
Maximum Number of Units: Unlimited

Closing Date: March 1st, 2013

Product Will Ship: [x] Product will ship in order of completion, in the order of payments received.

Payment Procedure: [x] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted: Visa, MC, PayPal, Check/MO

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: 1-2 weeks for quantities above 5 complete sets.

Product Pricing (can be tiered): See below.

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included): $35 lower 48 states, international, please contact us. *Please include an addtional 3% if paying by PayPal; this is a siginificant expense out of our pocket over the course of this Group Buy

Signup List:
Jrnsx- front upper bar black *Paid, Shipped
Nero Tenebre- front upper bar black *Paid, Shipped
CL65 Captain- Front Upper Bar *Paid, Shipped
davidf- Front Upper WFS bar RED *Paid, Shipped
Fuoss484- Full Coupe Chassis system, Stock top hat *Paid, Shipped
3.5lnsxr- Complete Coupe Package *Paid, Shipping 2/10/13
sduffass- Complete Coupe Package *Paid, Shipping 2/10/13
Phoenix599- Complete Coupe Package Paid, Shipping 2/15/13
Jaffazz32- Complete Targa PacakgePaid, Shipping with other ordered product when complete
RYU- Full CoupeChassis system
Ponyboy-?
ALwAyS4SaLe- ?
Bravo- Front Chassis Bars
socold57- Front Upper bar(both fronts?)
AU_NSX- Complete Coupe Package
*We abandoned the MSA login system, as we are publicly tracking orders; its silly to input data into so many sources.

LoveFab introduces an expansive chassis bracing system for all years NSX, both Targa and Coupes.

Chassis braces have been around for years for the NSX Chassis. Yet, few actually brace what’s important; the suspension points, which is essential at the front of the car. This year, we are trying some new things with the Pikes Peak NSX, which required chopping the frame rails off directly in-front-of the suspension points. After extensive inspection, we discovered several key points.

1.) The lower radiator support actually had stress fractures in several spots. This is due to the heavy track use that the car saw throughout its lifetime, paired with high loads from very sticky tires. Without adequate bracing, the lower radiator support was all that was left to prevent the front frame rails from moving around under load. The result of this movement was stress fractures.

2013-01-22_13-42-27_886.jpg

2.) The front rails have large and beautifully machined CNC blocks that reside inside of each frame rail. These blocks are the backbone of the entire front suspension as well as anything related to vehicle handling dynamics.

2013-01-07_20-07-21_35.jpg

2013-01-07_20-07-12_979.jpg

By bracing these to each other, and by creating a rigid spine from block-to-block, chassis rigidity would be drastically improved.

So, we set off on a simple quest, to build the stiffest, and simplest bracing system possible. The result is the LoveFab WFS Chassis Bracing System. The system is comprised of three main components:

1.) Front upper chassis brace (first of its kind!)

2013-01-18_17-28-55_185.jpg

2013-01-18_17-29-08_283.jpg

2013-01-18_17-28-44_311.jpg

2.) Front lower chassis brace(out for powedercoating, will have coated pictures tomorrow).

2013-01-23_10-04-30_948.jpg

2013-01-23_14-42-18_666.jpg

2013-01-23_14-42-09_752.jpg

2013-01-23_14-40-49_968.jpg

2013-01-23_14-40-23_331.jpg

2013-01-23_14-40-05_737.jpg

2013-01-23_14-39-36_401.jpg

3.) Rear Chassis brace

2013-01-18_17-21-11_313.jpg

2013-01-18_17-25-41_272.jpg

2013-01-18_17-27-36_746.jpg

4.) Rear Targa Brace! ***New!

2013-02-14_11-15-10_496_zps971b9b1f.jpg

2013-02-14_11-12-51_297_zpsc2d5bd17.jpg

2013-02-14_11-13-12_538_zps44505069.jpg

2013-01-18_17-27-52_261.jpg

Each chassis bar is crafted with meticulously TIG-welded .095” Chromoly steel. The anchoring points are drilled precisely so that brace is held in place by strength of the bolt or stud, instead of bolt tension just “clamping” the brace down. For instance, the rear bar must have the suspension dropped in order for the studs to go through the brace; no “slots” here. Furthermore, there are no flat flanges here; only incredibly strong tube-and-socket mounting methods are used. By leaps and bounds, these are the strongest and most rigid bars ever made for the NSX.

2013-01-23_10-03-55_473.jpg

2013-01-23_10-04-11_467.jpg

The original test car was a 1991 NSX that already had other chassis-bracing products installed. The existing rear strut tower bar was replaced with the LoveFab WFS Coupe version, and we then supplemented the LoveFab WFS front chassis bars along with the existing product already installed. The results blew our minds! The car was SO much more rigid when compared to the other products. The front of the car became absolutely planted on turn-in. An additional discovery was that bump-steer seemed to have been drastically reduced, if not eliminated. The only NSX that’s felt this stiff is the Pikes Peak NSX, which has the suspension points joined together with the roll cage mounting points. In fact, we will be employing the Lower Front WFS Chassis bar on the Pikes Peak NSX this year; which will serve as the mount point for the radiators, and splitter, as well as additional rigidity for the lower suspension.

We are offering the LoveFab WFS Chassis Bracing System, individually, or as a package at the following prices:

Front upper chassis brace: $349.99

Front lower chassis brace: $449.99

Rear strut tower brace for Coupe or Targa NSX’s: $349.99 Coupe, $799.99 Targa

Complete package, all three bars: $1099.99 for the Coupe Package, or $1599.99 for the Targa Package.

Matte black powdercoated finish is standard, though Silver and custom colors are also available.

Group Buy Pricing, only applies to the Complete Package, and only begins at 5 committed buyers:

$899.99 for the Coupe, $1399.99 for the Targa.

We have one Coupe package ready for immediate shipping, provided that aftermarket top-hats are used for the rear suspension. We are slowly ramping up production so that we have a few sets on the shelf. Complete Packages will be built in units of five, powdercoated in units of five, and then shipped accordingly when completed. Average time frame per group of five is one week, though we do have the manpower available if demand exceeds expectations.

Last edited:
Your "second" bar - the front lower chassis bar - that would be a direct replacement for the NSX-R "upper" bar that goes in front of the radiator, right?

Your "second" bar - the front lower chassis bar - that would be a direct replacement for the NSX-R "upper" bar that goes in front of the radiator, right?

Correct; well sort of. This bar replaces the lower bar that resides just behind the radiator, and runs low, parallel to the sway bar. The additional rigidity of our bar over the Type R bar is off the charts. Our first prototype was bolted to the Type R bar for welding; well, the Type R bar was so weak that it bent like a limp noodle during welding. Needless to say, we had to scrap that bar, and build a phenomenally strong fixture for the second attempt.

Last edited:
I am in for the complete package for the coupe at the GB price. Could you explain in a little more detail about "We have one Coupe package ready for immediate shipping, provided that aftermarket top-hats are used for the rear suspension"
Thanks Todd

The bar that is complete will not clear the stock suspension protruding through the rear shock tower. We have another version that sacrafices some rigidity in order to clear the stock suspension. Pictures will be posted shortly.

Any suspension system that uses aftermarket top-hats that has a shorter or narrower profile through the shock tower can use our stiffest bar option(pictured) such as the Comptech Pro, some of the KW, Tein, etc.

Correct; by less rigid; I doubt there is a measurable difference in chassis rigidity, as the inner-shock tower bolts are still tube-and-socket construction. The outer bolts are joined to the primary bar via plates, which were needed to clear the suspension. All of the Targa bars will use this method as well, just for construction simplicity.

Last edited:
Would you have a picture of the front lower chassis brace installed?
I had an NSXR lower chassis brace that I had to take off due to spacing issues with larger non-OEM sway bars.

Do they just come in black? Im speaking of the front upper. Thanks. Red would be nice.
Also, approximate time to install front upper?

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. I would need the less rigid bar that clears the stock top hats. Have KW v2 that use the stock top hats.

Here's the difference I'm referring to. Plenty "stiff".

2013-01-22_16-52-31_419.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do they just come in black? Im speaking of the front upper. Thanks. Red would be nice.

Yes, we can get them done in a red. Matching factory NSX colors are going to be difficult with my current supplier, but we can get close. Or, we can do a "candy" type, like below:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551630_400606369992406_1799574450_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now cody, I have the carbing rear strut bar right now, any comparisons or comprability to that strut bar as opposed to yours?

4.5 minutes. Very easy to install with no permanent modifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Now cody, I have the carbing rear strut bar right now, any comparisons or comprability to that strut bar as opposed to yours?

Night and day stiffer over the Carbing; it just so happens, that was the bar we replaced our bar with ;). If you can bend it over your knee, it's not doing much for rigidity. When you remove your Carbing, try bending it with your knee...its quite easy to if you really wanted to...

hm.... good to know.

Here's the difference I'm referring to. Plenty "stiff".

2013-01-22_16-52-31_419.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we can get them done in a red. Matching factory NSX colors are going to be difficult with my current supplier, but we can get close. Or, we can do a "candy" type, like below:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551630_400606369992406_1799574450_n.jpg
Just plain red is fine. My STMPO lower bar is red so red works. You may need to change the color of your decal:wink:. Please put me down for one upper in red. PM me when you need payment.

- - - Updated - - -

Those with type R hoods, with type R radiator ducts will likely need to dremal a slot for the bar. I already have my dremal ready.:wink:

You might want to make sure you have more clearance over the vacuum lines. Over time it will rub a hole in the rubber line. My STMP rear bar did this. Ross modified them and notched out a small section there to prevent it after my experience. I know that you can bend the lines down, but there is only a little bit of give. When the engine rocks back and forth if the rear bar is even barely resting on one of the vacuum line it will eventually rub a hole.

Last edited:
the stock targa bar and stmpo bars mount at three points. Can you explain how the rigidity(plenty stiff) is increased with 2 points? Not trying to point fingers or offend, just curios. Product looks GREAT as always! Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Back