• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Introducing the LoveFab WFS NSX Chassis Bracing System

the stock targa bar and stmpo bars mount at three points. Can you explain how the rigidity(plenty stiff) is increased with 2 points? Not trying to point fingers or offend, just curios. Product looks GREAT as always! Thanks for the reply.

They are making a Targa bar too, just not pictured.

Rear strut tower brace for Coupe or Targa NSX’s: $349.99 Coupe, $799.99 Targa

If you had the lower gt spec bar would you're lower bar replace that ? I want the front upper bar

If you had the lower gt spec bar would you're lower bar replace that ? I want the front upper bar

I'm not familiar woth the "gt spec bar", but ours is likely far stiffer than theirs if they brace the same bolt positions. You will want the pair of LoveFab bars for sure. I'm installing the lower bar as soon as I'm done with this post.

sippy2 said:
Will the rear targa bar be compatable with a CTSC?

It was not in our original design intent; nor do we have an NSX with a supercharger currently installed. If we had a supercharged NSX In-shop, we could easily fabricate a SC compatible bar.

I added new pictures of the Lower Chassis bar. Can you say STIFF? Oh, and the meaning of WFS? I'll let your imaginations run wild.... ;)

i have a stmpo front chassis bar. im wondering if your upper bar will add any extra benefit.

Drastic differences were noticed with the upper, AND the lower bar installed along with the STMPO bar. While its very simple in design, it does not brace the most important area; the suspension pickup points. The STMPO bar braces the front of the frame rails together. This is great, except that the suspension pickup points, and the CNC blocks inside the frame rails will still "flex" and move around under torsional stress. The LoveFab Chassis bars virtually eliminate this flex, which is why such a drastic difference was felt in addition to the STMPO bar.

Last edited:
I don't track but I figure these bars would almost be "preventative maintenance over time" and a long term investment to help keep things rigid over time.

Cody I pm'ed you but just have a few more questions before I jump on this.

The front bar that sits behind the radiator and basically looks like it MAY sit to low to fit some kind of air duct in. Is that correct or can a duct be fit there still with NO cutting? I don't feel like cutting things anymore. This is the one I'm referring too.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...t_Code=DF-AAA119&Category_Code=DOWNFORCE-DUCT

I also have a stock sway bar. Do your bars up front almost act like a sway bar or is that totally different since sway bars are attached to the suspension area?

I have a stmpo front bar right now and have noticed a difference. Again this purchase would be more of a long term thing and a non track related purchase for me.

Air ducting will have to be modified for the upper bar however, the lower bar sits below the radiator entirely so, most air ducts should be compatible with the lower bar. The chassis bars are simply braces and bolt to the suspension mounting points to prevent movement. The "sway" bars are totally different indeed; and will not interfere with the chassis braces.

You are welcome to leave the STMPO bar in place, however you'll feel more of a difference with our lower bar than the STMPO bar. The fact that a difference is felt with the STMPO bar still in-place means there is chassis flex that the STMPO bar is not containing.

- - - Updated - - -

Pictures of the Lower Front WFS Chassis brace Installed posted, check back to the first post.

Gents,

I am lucky to have the first set of bars from Cody. Note I do not have the front lower yet, but with the front upper bar installed, my NSX feels more planted and this is WITH the STMPO front lower chassis brace installed already. Cody is releasing some impressive products and I agree although the STMPO unit is beneficial, both of Cody's front bars working as a team will render my STMPO bar not needed.

I also used to have the Carbing rear strut bar and now have Cody's rear bar. Cody's variant is definitely more rigid, tough to compare an aluminum bar to a steel (Cody please correct me if I am wrong) bar. Not to mention IMO Cody's bar flows better than other.

Once I have all three bars installed, I will submit a more formal review.

Thanks,
Jason

Drastic differences were noticed with the upper, AND the lower bar installed along with the STMPO bar. While its very simple in design, it does not brace the most important area; the suspension pickup points. The STMPO bar braces the front of the frame rails together. This is great, except that the suspension pickup points, and the CNC blocks inside the frame rails will still "flex" and move around under torsional stress. The LoveFab Chassis bars virtually eliminate this flex, which is why such a drastic difference was felt in addition to the STMPO bar.

Our finding is that the front STMPO bar is rendered obsolete by the LoveFab WFS Chassis Bracing System.

Are these drastic differences felt on the track? I have a hard time thinking anyone would be going through a corner fast enough to tell a difference on the street.

Are these drastic differences felt on the track? I have a hard time thinking anyone would be going through a corner fast enough to tell a difference on the street.

Dave I guess I will give my input on this... Chassis rigidity is always good. It helps every suspension component work more properly. The looser the car or section of car, the greater the benefit. For example, slightly more benefit on some parts with targa cars than coupe cars. More benefit tying together parts of the car where there are "holes" than where there the car is already solid.

Will the average person feel a difference? IMO that is pretty questionable on a street driven NSX. But the more suspension you have, the more wheel and tire you have, the more power you have, and the more speed you have, the more the chassis has to control. So the more bracing helps. If you are running 1000 pound springs it is different than 240 pound springs. If you are taking corners on the track, it is way different than on the street. IMHO, braces sell very well, but few primers buying them actually get use out of them. There are more than one or two braces that plenty of people have bought that IMO are nothing more than a feel-good purchase. There are also a lot of beneficial claims attributed chassis bracing that really just aren't there. So the majority of brace purchases are really for naught, because either the brace is stiffening a spot that needs no stiffening at all, or it's designed poorly where it just flexes too much and adds minimal help, or the rest of the car, driver, and road just aren't to the level where chassis rigidity is a weak link in the chain. I am always skeptical of another brace coming to market, with all the buyers signing up. Sometimes I think they sell just because they are an inexpensive mod. Another thing no one thinks about, is what this bracing does to the car's crash structure and crumple zones. You are at points seriously altering in how the body will behave in an offset crash for example. No one really knows how these will be affected, because none of us have the computers or engineering know-how to know for sure. Aftermarket know-how and factory know-how in this area are vastly different.

Now having said all of this, rather inappropriately on Cody's group buy thread, I will also say this: These things are the real deal. They are well-designed, the best I have seen to date. There is no doubt in my mind they are extremely effective, and if you run on the track with a stiff suspension at high speed, this is a must have and probably very worthwhile. In other words for the guys that want chassis bracing, no need to look further. On another level than anything I've seen from anyone else.

Ross (STMPO) was actually about to produce another bar that was so unique and so good, it would have done wonders. It replaced a major section of the car. I don't want to speak for him but imagine something in the shape of a spider web that tied in at multiple points. Anyway that is nothing but a dream now, his products which were excellent, are no longer being produced. I am really glad to see this stuff from Cody, and will most likely buy a few of them to go with my current STMPO braces.

Cody I hope it is OK I expressed my very honest opinion here. Forgive me if it is out of place. I am very interested in the front bars. Unfortunately I do have that downforce duct for my R hood, but I may change it so I can get your bar. My bigger concern is paint. These are painted and not powdercoated, right? I've seen too many braces and bars start to chip and rust over the years. Looks great day 1, looks like garbage 2 years later. Are you comfortable with the finish on these lasting?

I don't track but I figure these bars would almost be "preventative maintenance over time" and a long term investment to help keep things rigid over time.

Cody I pm'ed you but just have a few more questions before I jump on this.

The front bar that sits behind the radiator and basically looks like it MAY sit to low to fit some kind of air duct in. Is that correct or can a duct be fit there still with NO cutting? I don't feel like cutting things anymore. This is the one I'm referring too.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...t_Code=DF-AAA119&Category_Code=DOWNFORCE-DUCT

I also have a stock sway bar. Do your bars up front almost act like a sway bar or is that totally different since sway bars are attached to the suspension area?

I have a stmpo front bar right now and have noticed a difference. Again this purchase would be more of a long term thing and a non track related purchase for me.
Im betting money the bar will not work with this duct. Very likely with the other type R duct with some dremeling.

What would be the difference if these were made from aluminum insteadof chromoly? Other than cost? Is this an option. Im probably gonna buy them for nothing other than bling at cars and coffee!:biggrin:

Back