• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know info on this silver 2005? JH4NA21695S000025

lol,in the description it says a "small" tree fell on the car.......but call joey.......he'll set you straight....

From previous sales it was learned that the engine was "rebuilt" also at some point and the rear had been painted so those were probably separate "incidents" from whatever resulted in this damage that totaled the car.

this is one of the reasons prime is such a valuable resource to the nsx buyer,and why all of those involved in the cataloguing of the totaled vin registry ect and to all the "sleuths" a big thankyou .Of course shady lowlife used car dealers and individuals will still find suckers who don't know about prime:frown:

That same car is available on their website for $39,995 btw, instead of the 42.5k being asked on eBay

Here's my favorite, from the for sale listing:

"All work was done by a professional Body shop with years of axperience in high end automobiles

Give joey a call for more photos of vehicle it was insurance vehicle the car had a small tree fall on passenger fender"

My axperience would say, "STAY AWAY." :smile:
Another 2005 down.

LOL...

Really that damage was done by a tree? I bet Shawn can fix this thing right.

BUFF IT:wink:

If I have time, I'll go have a look for you guys this week. The address is only 25 minutes from my office, if the car is even there.

The kijiji ad has to be fake.

The car maxed out ok eBay at about 32k (at another time it maxed out no reserve at 35). The auctions were both this month in feb 2013.

Assuming the car sold for 32 grand it would cost 40 grand to get into Canada after hst and duty. Listing for 25k cdn makes no sense.

The car started out on eBay ask 46.... Then after a few listings down to 40 and then eventually had a bidding system where the bids have ended at 32-35k.

Last edited:
I agree. Let me just ask, why would anyone do that? I can not imagine anyone putting a thin dime on the table for a car that can not be viewed.

Alot of the scams involve some kind of escrow or 3rd party service where potential buyers actually send money to, on the premise that these deposits are refundable.

It's sad but ppl do get suckered in.

Here is the email I just received back from the "vendor"

Thank you for contacting Preston Auto Expert ,

This vehicle is still for sale. It is located in Plano, TX,USA, at our dealership.

We are a truck dealership and got this unit recently from a Canadian client that traded it for a new class 8 truck. It has Canadian registration and we will sell it certified and e-tested. Shipping to Canada is included in the listed price.

It's a 1 owner unit , it's spotless. No accidents or engine problems. Clean title. We offer 1 year written warranty for the engine and transmission.
Call Bobby at Tel: +1 (214) 919 9301 for more info .

Bobby Preston
Preston Auto Expert
+1 (214) 919 9301
11th Street
Plano, TX 75074

So, not only is this guy a scammer, but he's also a liar.

I think I might toy with him a bit, like a cat chasing a string.

I would bet this outfit in Canada is phony and there is no car in Texas....ask em how one would proceed to buy the car and why it's in Texas?

Hi, If you guys buy this car base on the car fax, then this car is not for you.
Yes, this car has a Tennessee rebuilt title.. and I am the current owner of the car.
since I bought this car about 6 months ago , I have spend alot of moneyto bring it it back to the conditon today.
the car now is nothing like it was when the previous owner listed it.
all the service is up to date, it drive great , there is no issue that I am aware of.
For under 37K, I think it a great price for an 05
- Timing belt/ water pump
- transmission service ,New clutch
- replace valve cover gaskets & spark plugs
- valves adjustment
- Fuel filter
- All drive belts.

Tires: Brandnew Yokohama S-Drive 215-40/17 Front
<dir><dir> and brandnew Yokohama S-Drive 265/35/18 rear
Wheels: Brandnew Enkei RP03 Silver 17x8 (5x114.3+40 ) Front
brandnew Enkie RP03 Silver 18x9.5 (5x114.3+38) rear
</dir></dir>