• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A few pics of my new RSII's

Here are a few non-professional pictures of my car on the RSII's. trust me guys, much more detailed and mean looking in person. Pics sometimes just show a black blob whereas in real life all you see is rotor, caliper, side cuts on spokes, and the detailed writing on the wheels.

Oh and plus my newly painted silverstone STMPO rear brace which is just kick ass.

62a36666ffc2f14305de563eb42ced08_zps506513e7.jpg

e449a95cd41c1d8140bdbda4c0961d09_zpsea4eff8a.jpg

5091a491aa0ea71e0ed15073158fd695_zps6f034d26.jpg

7ab9224557b1e1d44c73c62a0159bb81_zpsfee4ceab.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2398c851f213df429804b3d2a692eb56_zps2648c10e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Specs for those that asked:

Advan RSII semi gloss black

F: 17x8 ET 37 .... 215/40/17 Yokohama AD08
R: 18x9 ET 25 .... 255/35/18 Yokohama AD08

Last edited:
Looks great, I love your car. I saw these in person on a NSX the other day and they look stunning. Got the Project Kics too?

Looks great, I love your car. I saw these in person on a NSX the other day and they look stunning. Got the Project Kics too?

LOL.... yeah, now I need locks for my lugs. And thanks...

Dave, it looks so good that if you change it, i will fly over and bust you knees with a baseball bat :biggrin:

Last edited:
Dave, it looks so good that if you change it, i will fly over and bust you knees with a baseball bat :biggrin:

LOL... Thanks.... Still needs a bit more work so get your bat ready... :D

Are you happy with how it turned out?

With the wheels? Yes... Ecstatic. To be able to save 16 pounds AND get better looks, I'm very happy. But I'm far from done.

Last edited:
Looks great with the new wheels. I like all the DF bits, it sets it off nicely. You should plasti-dip the roof black.

Dave, I'm sorry but I'm not a huge fan. I consider myself a carguy and I know wheels, if I didn't know what you just bought I would never be able to say what they are or even how many spokes they have. I think the wheels would look better in silver.

if I didn't know what you just bought I would never be able to say what they are or even how many spokes they have. I think the wheels would look better in silver.

Well that's because you are looking at pictures, and ones not done properly at that. It's completely different in person. You see every spoke, Avery cut in every spoke, all the detail is visible and MEAN.

Brylek there are things I love about this wheel, and certain things I don't. What makes them for me is their super light weight, the fact that they look bigger than they actually are with the thin spokes, and their extremely "open" design that allows you to see the rotors and calipers so well. I am not particularly in love with 10 spokes. When you get them in silver, you are attracting attention to the wheel itself, and that's something I actually want not to do. What I want to draw attention to is what is under the wheels and for that, these are perfect. Plus the color sets off the wing and scoop. Once I paint the calipers body color and put black Stoptech stickers on it'll be more clear where I'm trying to go. A lot of cars have nice "wheels", few have have really nice performance parts under them and that is what I want to highlight. I don't want the wheel to be the attraction whore. Even right now when you look at it in person, what you immediately see are the "Advan Racing" stamps on the wheel. On a silver wheel you don't see that. You see the wheel. That's the kind of thing I am talking about. A proper photo shoot will really bring that out.

But... I certainly appreciate the honest feedback. I didn't post to get compliments. I like hearing what everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think they look great with the current set up. Be sure to always have some kind of tire dressing. IMO black wheels look off when the tires are actually a lighter shade than the wheels themselves. Fantastic overall icon14.png

Next mod... professional photo shoot! :biggrin:

I had a difflow, I sold it. I was shaving weight off the car. I won't be painting the scoops, they really are something in person. It'd be a shame. It makes the rather ugly type R wing look a lot better on the car. I might get another difflow, but I want to have a full underbody pan first.

I don't mind people "pissing" on the thread, it's just honest opinions which I welcome. Plenty of people like the wheels too. I think if a person's ego is so tied into their car they can't take polite critique or criticism they have a problem. I listen to all feedback.

Last edited:
I have to see it in person. I think the hyper silver would look better, but I have never been a fan of black wheels.

I have to see it in person. I think the hyper silver would look better, but I have never been a fan of black wheels.

Well soon enough someone with hyper silvers will post. That was my second choice, but that's for someone who wants to highlight the wheel itself. I did not. As soon as I got my downforce scoops, I decided to go a different direction. The nice thing with black is that the black provides a nice base for any color you want to paint your wheels later. If I went hyper silver then I would not have the DFR scoop nor probably the R wing... And I would then paint the calipers red or something.... Just more typical.

Right now, when you see it in person, it just looks REALLY MEAN, and the DFR scoop and the stoptechs have a lot to do with that. You take those away and go with stock brakes and stock scoop, and I can say for sure I would prefer silver wheels instead of "holes".

Silver and other silver doesn't really work, I like the color combo, silver / black is a classic, and black wheels are aggressive - black wheels, lowered stance, it's clear the direction things are going in. The R wing works because it flows with the glass, you have black glass, a black wing, the shape flows with the car. The DF scoops, on the other hand, are sitting out there by themselves, like a mole.

The car would look clean-aggressive if you paint them, instead they're tacked on appendages in carbon fiber finish. I get that you like the quality, but paint them, and the car will look better.

Wow! Looks on the money but needs the calipers color changed as you suggest. A friend of mine has the DF intakes and they don't work when painted as they become 'ears' sticking out whereas left as supplied they blend.

Just a thought, cosmetically the front lip that Synth has would balance the black, but I suspect your current one is functional?

As you have tints I would leave the roof Silverstone

Health to enjoy Dave

Regards, Paul

Last edited:
Back