• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So I finally give in and bought Philips 5 DRL and here are my thoughts on it.....

Anyone who's been looking for a set of bright DRL's I'll have to recommend Philips. I was a little iffy about it too until I went ahead and order a set. Mine are the Philips 5 DRL. The install was easy and the light is bright. If you ask me, I'll say that it's close to OEM DRL's. But hey, that's just me. Some may think other wise but I'd just figure I'll put my 2 cents in just in case someone is interested. The LED light can be seen in the brightest of day and for the price I'd pay, it don't get any better, $126.00 free shipping. I took some pictures but still haven't figure out how to load it yet, but still pictures can't capture to full brightness. So, If anyone out there is intereted in DRL's, give it a try. You might just loved it as much as I do and for the $$$$$ I paid for. I think it's worth it.

:smile:

I would be interested to see the pics. You need to sign up for Flickr and upload and then link to prime. You can't upload directly (took me a while to figure that out). Personally I am always surprised how particular people are about needing/wanting HID lights. To each his own of course, I respect anyone who enjoys a vehicle and makes it to there specification. This options seems pretty inexpensive so it a less difficult sell. To me, even a 91 NSX has all the light I could ask for. That said, I don't drive as often at night and CT is pretty well lit. I have been in up state NY and will agree that I much preferred the high beams which isn't possible if cars are in front of you.

Glad it worked out to your liking.

Correction, I don't drive at night as often with the NSX. I do often enough though.

Where did you purchase your led's from for $126.00? The ebay price is $229.99. Found a site earlier in the day, where they did the install, looked pretty simple. Even this "not", electronic kinda guy could do it, lol but I don't believe that they dim when you put your headlights on as there was no connection to my knowledge, to any existing wiring, which was why installation is so simple. I also the have oem drl's(Canadian car) on my NSX and these looked quite a bit brighter, IMO. They looked good, but if they don't dim, a person will sooner or later be pulled over by the local authority. Just my 2 cents.

1991 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

I bought from eBay. The seller is autobestbuyuk. I think they're in Sweden. I just check again today and looks like they still have a few sets left. I paid about $130.00 and the shipping was pretty fast considering item is located out of the country. The install couldn't be easier. +/- wires to the battery and one for the parking light to the turn off when the head lights turns on. The whole install took about 15 min. The only time that give me trouble was finding a location for the set. The nsx front doesn't have much to pay with. I end up make my own brackets for it. So it looks like the drl look like it's floating in the middle, instead of sticking it onto the upper side. Just go to get some L brackets from you local store and you'll be fine.

Back