• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Gary Sims (simsgw)

Guys/Gals,

On Rennlist the members are saying that Gary passed away recently...shame...he was a diehard NSX and 911 enthusiast.

Here's the comments on Rennlist:

It is with deep sorrow that I report that Gary (simsgw) passed away the weekend of Feb 16/17.

I was a friend of Gary's and I was in contact with him just a day before that weekend, talking about Porsche winter programs organized by Porsche in the US, Canada and Finland; Gary was interested in attending one of these events. I have not heard from him since that exchange; my email messages were bouncing due to an overflow mailbox and I started to be concerned. After multiple failed contacts I was able to contact a PCA member living near Gary who just confirmed the sad news.

I lost a friend and Rennlist a valued member.

May Gary Sims rest in peace!

Note: reposted from the 991 forum where Gary posted as a proud 991 owner.

Here's one of Gary's last threads on NSX ownership...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/130381-Saying-Good-Bye-to-a-Seriously-Fine-Car

Very, very sad news. Gary was totally old school, a very classy and trusty guy...all of his posts were always enjoyable, thoughtful reads dealing with all sorts of circumstances in life. He will be greatly missed. Although he only had 41 posts on this forum (he was a Charter Platinum contributor), you can tell a lot about his character in them, his passion for great cars, and his adoration for his wife. God Bless him.

Last edited:
Back