• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*SOLD* 1992 Red/Black Mechanics Special, 192k miles, 5 speed, 35k. JH4NA1157NT000763

Year: 1992
Exterior color/Interior Color: Red/Black
Number of Owners: 4
Transmission: Manual
In Snap Ring Range? (if 5spd Manual): No
VIN: JH4NA1157NT000763
Mileage:192410
Are you a dealer or private seller?: No
Location (City, State): Whitewater, WI
Title (clean or branded/salvage/rebuilt): Clean

Price: $37000

Maintenance History: Unknown prior to purchase. Timing belt, water pump, all coolant lines replaced after purchase.

Details: This car has a pretty great story. The first owner bought it in NV and drove it for 4 years using a low profile lawn chair because he was otherwise too tall to fit in the car. The second owner drove it for 18 years as his daily driver to work then after his son got sick he stopped driving it and it sat in his driveway for 4 years, some of that time under a tarp, some of it not. The third owner was a family friend who ended up buying it cleaning it up a little and doing some basic maintenance (brake/clutch fluid/pads/etc) and drove it as part of his 6 car fleet for 3 years. I bought it from him in April of 2021.
Without any real maintenance history I did the safety basics, changed suspension, added LED headlights, re-sealed tail lights, worked on some interior improvements, and had plans for much more but at the start of this summer the car developed an intermittent ticking on startup that went away once the car was mildly warm just from idling. Some non-NSX but high end car friends said it was probably mild piston slap and to monitor it, and it was fine for a few months. One morning in June the tick was slightly louder on start up and I turned the car off and haven't turned it back on since.
Calling SOS and a few other shops with NSX experience everyone pointed towards the onset of rod-knock. So I'm selling the car based on the assumption the motor will need a rebuild of some sort. I think the car and price are perfect for someone who has 6-8k on hand and can do the rebuild on their own, which is what I planned on doing.
I'm a lifetime Honda guy (this was my 19th) and owning this car was a decades long dream for me. But the timing of this is just bad for me as my wife and I are saving for a new house and I can either let the car sit for around two years until I have the money to fix it, or sell it and hope it goes to a good home. I've gone back and forth for months but have decided that I just don't have the money to fix it, and sitting on it for so long isn't possible.

The interior is in ok condition, the paint is in ok condition, both dealing with excess sun and 18 years of daily driving, and the price reflects that also. It has some bad road rash on the front bumper and damaged clear coat on the bumpers and roof. I haven't started in for a while but I'm sure it would start up just fine to be loaded onto a flat bed.

Parts not installed: Full prothane suspension bushing kit. Full set of Conti Extreme Contact Sport 02 never installed (ordered in June). 40k OEM suspension bought on NSX Prime. Odds and ends.

Modifications: Koni struts, Dali Racing springs (1.25" drop) H&R spacers, 25mm front, 10mm rear. Window motor world rebuilt regulators and SOS window bushing kit.

Photos: Full photos here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/p8XHZqgraBVSN3d67
1689182711976.png

1689182683398.png
1689182666129.png

Last edited:
This baby is just begging for an SoS Stage 3 3.5L Stroker Twin Turbo build. My car had 265K miles on the stock motor when SoS worked their magic in 2010. Over a dozen years and about 100K miles later she's still purring like the first day after the build as well as and embarrassing those silly paddle shifting girlie girl cars with farm animal badges on them. With the right presentation on BaT I'd bet she'd bring a pretty penny. I'd get in touch with Mike aka The Kid here on Prime.

Officially sold today to a great new owner, and first time NSX owner.

I'm planning on staying here on the forums and helping out where I can until the timing is right to get an NSX back in my life. This has been the greatest car owning experience of my life so far, from the conversations it generates, the great people I've met, and the amazing support from the community and forums, it's all been awesome.

Officially sold today to a great new owner, and first time NSX owner.

I'm planning on staying here on the forums and helping out where I can until the timing is right to get an NSX back in my life. This has been the greatest car owning experience of my life so far, from the conversations it generates, the great people I've met, and the amazing support from the community and forums, it's all been awesome.
Thank you Jacob for making me the new owner of this truly loved and enjoyed NSX!! You are a awesome seller!! By far the best car buying experience I've had! Thank you

I think that’s a good deal for someone wanting to build up and refresh the car. I posted this car on prime Facebook for you 😄

welcome my JDM!

New Blood!

Thank you Jacob for making me the new owner of this truly loved and enjoyed NSX!! You are a awesome seller!! By far the best car buying experience I've had! Thank you
First time I've shared a meal after a car sale. Can't wait to see your progress and meet up with you at an NSXPO once I have another NSX in the garage.

Still debating on that IG account. :p

Back