• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are these?

r71

Contributing Member
I found these in the glove. Some loose items fromt eh previous owner. Anyone care to take a stab at it before I throw them out?20130328_162208(0).jpg

Garbage.

If I PM you my snail mail address and pay the postage for you to mail them to me will you send them and I will discard them for you........:tongue:

lol rso is funny.

can i say read the manual? :)

once targa off, this is the plug that goes in if you experience windnoise

acura contraception devices

I think they are plugs for when you remove the targa roof. But who knows..
The dealer that sold me my x gave me some plugs similar to those but white color instead.

Last edited:
do they not make these any more? mine are missing.

Yes, those are the plugs that fill the holes in the car after the top is removed. AKA Targa plugs as some people call them.

- - - Updated - - -

The part number for future ref is 85039-SL0-T00

There is actually a shitload of wind noise that comes out of those little holes. I tried all kinds of things in there including a piece of a bananna peel. It all falls out. You need the JDM part. How much are they like $950? Comes with the rear subframe assembly?

LOL... that is still pretty outrageous for a rubber mini plug.

Almost as bad as the what they charge for the tiny plastic pop rivets that explode every time you remove an inner fender liner. But do I pay it? Yes I do.

Almost as bad as the what they charge for the tiny plastic pop rivets that explode every time you remove an inner fender liner. But do I pay it? Yes I do.

I have to buy a bunch of these too... Looking forward to getting ripped off on these. LOL

[QUOTE=brettowen;1684952 tiny plastic pop rivets that explode every time you remove an inner fender liner. But do I pay it? Yes I do.

Your right all the clips on the NSX are expensive! Fyi all you need to do is push in the center pin with a screw driver ( it pushes in about a 1/16 of an inch ) and you can literally pull em out with your fingers.

It sounds like you're taking prices for small hardware parts that are manufactured in the millions for the mass market (hardware stores), and assuming that the same prices should apply to a part that is custom-made for a car that sold fewer than ten thousand units, and is not frequently purchased for replacements. Given the lack of economies of scale in such low volumes, I'm surprised the part is only ten bucks. (Especially compared with the $86 center caps for the '91-93 wheels!)

It sounds like you're taking prices for small hardware parts that are manufactured in the millions for the mass market (hardware stores), and assuming that the same prices should apply to a part that is custom-made for a car that sold fewer than ten thousand units, and is not frequently purchased for replacements. Given the lack of economies of scale in such low volumes, I'm surprised the part is only ten bucks. (Especially compared with the $86 center caps for the '91-93 wheels!)

That's a good point I suppose...

Back