• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titan LED tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3932.jpg

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; mso-themecolor:hyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> Titan LED NSX tail lights. These are a custom made LED enclosure that gets inserted into your taillights to get that perfect diffused LED light bar look. We can either work with an existing design from the thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/160619-LED-Tail-light-concept/page3
Or we can work on a new design. I welcome any ideas floating around the community for what someone may think would be the ideal tail design for their car. Once a few new designs are thought up, I will make a list of all the designs that have been created or thought up. The entire build I will keep the customer as updated as possible with information, photos, and video.

Next issue, I want everyone to know that this is a one man and a garage operation. I know a lot of members have an issue with things produced way. If you object to my production location or lack of employees then please move onto another vendor. Also when these parts are returned they will no longer be perfect OEM parts. For both the taillights and front turn/DTR’s the backs of the housings have to be re shaped.

Now that that is out of the way here is how I would like to do business. Once I receive your $100 deposit, via pay pal or another method, We will one on one discuss, plan, and design your tails. My goal is for you to get exactly what you want if it is possible for me to create. Once a design is agreed upon I will start to build the LED box that will be fitted into your tail light housings. Also at this time I ask that you mail me your tail light assemblies with harnesses if you want the tails to be plug n play. If you do not send everything needed then you will be placed on a waiting list and the deposit behind you will skip ahead until I receive all parts necessary. Once the LED box is finished I will send you photos and video. If it is decided that everything is perfect, I ask that you send half of the remaining balance. Once they are complete, sent out, and I can send you a tracking number I ask that the rest of the balance be paid.

Because these are being produced one at a time, there may be a significant wait for deposits to be able to be received or sets to be ordered. As of right now I am active duty military doing this as a for profit hobby. By fall I will be upping my numbers of projects at one time.

Now onto price. Base price for a custom made set of Titan taillights is $1,000. These sets come with all LED lights (including reverse), load resistors to prevent hyper flash, and come plug n play ready. Price adjustments are as follows

No load resistors -$20
No reverse lights- $20
Not plug n play - $20

Cost of LED insert without my installation is $750, but the member needs to know that the back section of the housing needs to be re shaped and I won’t be responsible if the customer can not get an ideal fit or properly modify their tails to receive the LED box.

I will also be carrying a one year warranty for LED malfunction, wiring issues, or if moisture has gotten in light assemblies that I have sealed. If you send the set back to me I will repair any issue free of cost.

Last but not least, these tail lights have not been evaluated by the DOT and I am required to tell you that they are for off road and track use only..............
I have had mine on my car since last year and I have had no issues with state inspections or with police.

After all of this is you are still interested send me a PM and we can get started or if you have questions shoot me a PM and please do not use my contact info on my vendor page unless I am not responding to PM's.

-Alec

My new DTR's all finished
Best.jpg

More shots of the tails
googd.jpg

better.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3928.jpg
    IMG_3928.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3,434
Last edited:
Yes they will still be around in 5 months. Tinted tail lights won't effect anything negatively. Some say these lights are almost too bright so a tinted lens may be just the trick. I would actually be pretty excited to see how that combo would look! I've been thinking about tinting mine.

-Alec

Am I to assume these do not work on 02 up tails due to the placement of the amber lens.

I can do whatever design under the lens that you want. I just did a set like mine but with amber turn signals instead of red. To make it not look off you would want an amber section in the amber section of your 02 lens, but the rest of the red can be manipulated how you see fit.

These look awesome and up to date with other tail lights on new vehicles. I will wait to order mine until I see some other ideas and configurations. Thanks for another option for my NSX.

Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased this upgrade from Alec. Just installed them tonight. Below is a quick summary of what they look like. I worked with Alec on the design. I sent him what I wanted and he was able to produce it with a pretty good turn around time. Along the way he was able to provide weekly updates with an e-mail, picture, or video. He even reinforced my tail lights with silicone to make sure they do not leak. I live an hour from Seattle lots of rain. As most of us know the NSX is notorious for tail light moisture. I did purchase new gaskets and the circular rubber washers to help with the install. Alec is open to any design you are looking for your NSX. In the end they are a great set up and Alec is willing to help in any way he is able. Great customer service and decent turn around time for a one man show. One more nice touch is that if you have any issues after the install he will make it right. No man or woman left behind.

Day Light Pics:

View attachment 99613

View attachment 99614

Evening Pics:

View attachment 99615

View attachment 99617

As for upgrades, this is a nice addition and was not as expensive as other competitors.

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
^^^^^^^On the pics above, what is the approx turn around time and cost after you've recieved my tails? Thank you.

Reminds me of something you would see in the movie tron lol.

Yes it looks pretty "tron-ish" but I love the look!

davidf, my goal is to have turn around time be at max 2 weeks. That would be the possible max time your tails wouldn't be in your hands. If the tail design is agreed upon then I can start making them and the turn around time would be even less and cost is $1,000.

How come the lights look "diffused" in the upper portion of the taillights? I'm guessing it has to do with the reflector in that area?

They actually are opposite. In the day photos the break section and running light section ls are lit and in the night photos its just the running and reverse lights.

The LED's are all red on his set for the running and break lights and he has amber on his set for turn signals. My set are red for all three. You couldn't use white LED's. they would end up more of a pink tinted white after being shot through the red lens. You would need a red filter to achieve the same effect as red LED's.

-Alec

Last edited:
Ok cause they look orange as crap in the night time photos but most times cameras don't capture true color at night

They look orange in photos but they are as red as red can be. Red LED's shot through a red lens. The light intensity just makes them look orange.

i cant wait to have this done. ill contact u in few months.

I look forward to working with you.

-Alec

I'm interested in the DRL's what is the cost. Do you need mine to do the work or do have completed ones.

I'm interested in the DRL's what is the cost. Do you need mine to do the work or do have completed ones.

I was going to set up another page for the DRL's but they are going to be $500. I would need yours to install the piece into. I plan on making them with the DRL on top or on bottom of two rows of yellow LED's like my set up. They will come plug n play to come on when your running lights are turned on with the usual running light control. With the DRL's are set up with the white LED's being shot through about an inch of 1/2 inch thick lexan to give more of a bar look without giving up too much light projection.

what does the rest of the tail light look like? Well what does the insert look like?

The actual LED box insert isn't anything too special to look at. Its a box make out of plexiglass and polycarbonate shot through a lens of LED diffusion plexi. They are a little over an inch thick and are the shape of the tail light. Part of the back of the housing has to be trimmed to fit the box in. Whatever trimmed area isn't inside the gasket covered space get sealed up with silicone. Inside there are walls to separate the sections. I don't really have any great photos of what the box looks like other than the top view.

IMG_3922.jpg IMG_4053.jpg IMG_4088.jpg IMG_4139.jpg

-Alec

I had a question. How bright are these in bright sunlight? All the photos I have seen are taken with the car in the shade during the day. I'm worried about the brake lights being bright enough. Is it possible to have direct facing led lights for brake lights and the night/parking lights go through the diffusion light bars?

Last edited:
Ill draw up some bar designs. Seems pretty in demand!

-Alec

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

Am I on the right page? They would all be done in red LEDs or amber for the turns. I just wanted to figure out if these were some of the "bar" effects people were looking for?

-Alec

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I had a question. How bright are these in bright sunlight? All the photos I have seen are taken with the car in the shade during the day. I'm worried about the brake lights being bright enough. Is it possible to have direct facing led lights for brake lights and the night/parking lights go through the diffusion light bars?

It would be possible to do both, but it wouldn't be very pleasing to the eye with a mix of regular plexi and the diffused plexi under the red lens. If I get home before the sun is too low tomorrow Ill take a few shots of the brake lights in direct sunlight. After my wife has driven behind me she thinks they are bright enough in the sun light and more than bright enough at night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back