• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on this 2000/Silver in CT? JH4NA2161YT000129

For sale from a ford dealer - http://familyfordofenfield.com/Hart...-Sale/Used/Acura/NSX/2000--Gray-Car/17989307/
My precisely desired year & color combo, not too far of a drive from home. It's been sitting in their inventory for quite a while, i'm considering making an offer. Autocheck looks clean, except for an emissions failure in 2011 which looks to have been fixed. still need to find out if they have any maintenance history.

google search doesn't turn up anything on the vin - hoping someone here knows more about it.

Many Thanks,
Vivan

I've been in touch with the owner of this dealership. He's selling this car for a friend. He was also hesitan of providing maintanence records. I gave him an offer but he only came down about 2%. Anyway, it's not really the color I want it but if the price is right I would consider. That's all I really know.

anybody looked at this car since since May? Good price but it's been through auction a few times. probably something wrong with it...

According to the seller the tb/wp was changed in may 2011 at 55k miles. is there anyone nearby who wouldn't mind taking a look at the car for me? I can cover gas/time costs.

Also, any recommendations on a PPI nearby? closest acura dealer is Schaller Acura in manchester, CT. Any experience with them?

Thanks,
Vivan

Last edited:
I am not very close to the dealer... but anyone who is hiding maintenance records... why?

I am not very close to the dealer... but anyone who is hiding maintenance records... why?

Not sure that he is - maybe he didn't have them at the time and got them from the owner in the past few months? His exact words to me were "I do have some service history on the car"

I just sent him a message asking if it's possible to send me what he's got via email.

update: car had a head gasket repair in 2011. heads shaved, block rethreaded, new gaskets, timing belt, water pump. $8k bill. probably why it hasn't sold.
I have scans of these records if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
And now being sold again on fleabay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181441643974?item=181441643974&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

p.s. something doesn't seem right with the latest seller. Look at the other cars being auctioned by the same new ebay seller at the same time. How did this dealer get this inventory and all are up on fleabay at the same time with a seller who has a new fleabay identity? It looks like they have been in business since 2011 but list 555 used high end cars in their inventory?!?! Just a bit strange though that they only joined fleabay at the end of May 2014

Last edited:
sold for 47,525.00

too high, IMO, given the previous head gasket failure/engine work.

update: car had a head gasket repair in 2011. heads shaved, block rethreaded, new gaskets, timing belt, water pump. $8k bill. probably why it hasn't sold.
I have scans of these records if anyone is interested.

Anyway you could post these under the VIN in the vin library for future owners?

Back