• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax alternative - Free

I can not express enough how inconsistent these databases are. I just ran my NSX, and it shows no accidents, yet I had one in 2009.

I tried mine and got similar results -- data not accurate.... about 80% correct.

Last edited:
if any of you guys need a free carfax/carproof feel free to pm me. i have a few free runs (purchased for my 911 search) and i have no problem giving the brothers on prime the rest (vs letting it go to WASTE!)

Could anyone please help - a few months ago I saw a thread on Prime that gave a website address for running a "check" that provided similar results to carfax & autocheck for free. I tried it at the time and it worked. I can't find that thread or the site, and I'm pretty good with hunting & searching & finding needles in haystacks. Does anyone remember this thread and/or could you point me to the site I'm talking about? I swear I subscribed to the thread but apparently I did not. I wish to provide this to a family member who is screening some used cars.

Thank you!

Could anyone please help - a few months ago I saw a thread on Prime that gave a website address for running a "check" that provided similar results to carfax & autocheck for free. I tried it at the time and it worked. I can't find that thread or the site, and I'm pretty good with hunting & searching & finding needles in haystacks. Does anyone remember this thread and/or could you point me to the site I'm talking about? I swear I subscribed to the thread but apparently I did not. I wish to provide this to a family member who is screening some used cars.

Thank you!

Use the reddit sourced link above. It works and produces an autocheck report. Just did it myself on my s2000.

I see says the blind man.........I've been working too many hours lately and staring at a computer way too much.

Thanks sahtt -- I was doing that wrong. Where the instruction said to type this in the google search bar:

dealer autocheck inurl:vin

I was inserting the actual VIN number overtop the "vin" instead of searching the text string above.

Thanks again. Maybe this is the very thread I was looking for and didn't recognize it since I was doing the search wrong. My sister (and I) thanks you.

Glad I could help Sir. I wouldn't have seen this thread if you hadn't posted so we are even.

sorry guys my carfaxes are LONG expired.

if any of you guys need a free carfax/carproof feel free to pm me. i have a few free runs (purchased for my 911 search) and i have no problem giving the brothers on prime the rest (vs letting it go to WASTE!)

Back