• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Radio bypass bluetooth alternative ideas

Hello Nsxers I am looking for alternatives and ideas to bypass the radio in the dash and set up a bluetooth (wireless) single connector. looking to leave existing radio in the dash alone and connection the bluetooth receiver connected straight to the speakers ( stock). Is this possible ? has anyone done this before? please let me know since im looking for a cheaper alternative then swapping out the whole radio for 1000's of dollars.

Grom Bluetooth Adapter

thanks for the reply and help... can I totally bypass the radio head unit ? seems thats what giving my the problem so looking to just plug directly into the speakers wire harness

thanks for the reply and help... can I totally bypass the radio head unit ? seems thats what giving my the problem so looking to just plug directly into the speakers wire harness
Yes. The NSX uses the standard 1990's Honda radio plug. You can buy them on Amazon for about 10 bucks and use them to wire in your adapter. The NSX speakers have amps on each unit instead of inside the head unit, so the sound will be the same.

The Grom adapter does not by-pass the head unit. It operates via the CD changer input on the head unit. If you purchase a bluetooth adapter you can wire it directly to the speakers using the radio plug as Honcho describes which effectively deletes the head unit form the system. The existing head unit has subwoofer, left and right door outputs. Most of the bluetooth adapters only have a left and right outputs so you lose the sub woofer function. You will have to wire through the ground for the security control unit to prevent the security system from triggering.

You will also have a head unit that is perpetually turned off which may or may not be an appearance issue for you.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all the help .... I have currently a Willman first generation radio swap ( Clarion head unit ) , they now use a Kenwood unit and it's a very expensive process. So my idea is to leave the Current unit in there ( I believe the clarion head unit has gone bad) and plug in this wireless Grom adapter to the speakers. The head unit does have power to it , just after having the radio on for about 10 - 15 min all the speakers go out and do not work , if they do work they are very crackled and static. Im not a huge radio sound quality guy because I enjoy hearing the engine but want to find a cheaper solution and have decent music sound.

Once again thank you for all the advise and ideas !

Back