• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nc Greensboro Charlotte acura dealership

I'm debating whether or not to tackle the timing belt change myself/brothers. We've done b-series, h-series and rb25det. For me this would be a my first v-6. My oldest use to work for the Honda dealership service and done a few accords but never an NSX. I haven't seen too many nsx in the area so I'm not positive how experienced dealerships are regarding to timing change for nsx assuming its not too different then Acura tl's.

ive searched the forum and dl the manual and collected as much info in regards to timing change. Incase I decide to have the dealership do this is there anyone in these 2 cities that have taken theirs to and if so how much should I expect to pay?

Any recommendations of techs/dealerships that are within these 2 cities have experience on work performed on their cars? I was quoted 1363.00 in Greensboro.

If that was at Crown Acura in Greensboro, was that with them providing parts? Their parts dept is an absolute ripoff. 2-3x what every other Acura dealer charges. Service dept is good. Ask them if Dave Douglas will be the one doing the work, he's good. You may want to see if they will do job if u provide parts or not (if this was them).

Yes it is.. and your absolutely right about their pricing on parts.. normally I'd buy it online far cheaper and do it myself
But being that its hard to predict weather this time of yr and no garage space to work in ima have to bite the bullet this time.. dave douglas willbe the one performing the job.. thanks for your input because the service rep didnt knoe what I was talking about when I asked if this price include new valve and spark plug seal.. his repsonse was we shouldnt have to remove it to do the this job o_O. .

Yes it is.. and your absolutely right about their pricing on parts.. normally I'd buy it online far cheaper and do it myself
But being that its hard to predict weather this time of yr and no garage space to work in ima have to bite the bullet this time.. dave douglas willbe the one performing the job.. thanks for your input because the service rep didnt knoe what I was talking about when I asked if this price include new valve and spark plug seal.. his repsonse was we shouldnt have to remove it to do the this job o_O. .

Depending on how urgent this service is, you might consider using Steve Gooding here in the Raleigh area. You can search Prime for many, many positive comments. He has had limited time for NSX repairs/service in the past several months, but I am told he is going back to devoting much more time to this.

Let me know if want some contact information.

I highly recommend Hendrick Acura in Charlotte, NC. There is only one special NSX mechanics named Eddie. He's mid 45 to 50's and been working on NSX around 15years. I did my timing belt/water pump change from them.

Thanks for the info .. at least now I have an idea who to take it to if problems arise between these 3 cities if can't be solved here..I've talked to the tech at crown Acura gso and is the only qualified tech to work on nsx.. We'll see how it goes but next tb change for sure will be tackled by me.. Again thanks for the response..

Back