• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TECH7042's NEW build

Something big must be brewing. It's been almost 2 months since the last time Tech posted an update.

Teaser

9anuny6a.jpg

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Been a while since I’ve updated. Haven’t been working on the car too much, but rather just enjoying driving it around. Right now I’m slowly putting things together for the stand alone EMS NA tune.

My plan is to redo all of the fuel lines with braided hose and AN fittings. New high flow fuel pump, filter, FPR and ethanol content sensor for E85 flex fuel tuning. To do this as cleanly as possible, I had to move some things in the engine compartment to make room for some new components. I decided to relocate the engine compartment fuse box to the trunk to free up some space. To do this mod, I wasn’t about to butcher up my harness by cutting, splicing and soldering. I opted to cut the harness, re-pin the 16 wires leading to the fuse box with new terminal pins and make the newly terminated harness into a connector plug using OEM Honda OBDII weather packed connectors. I did the same with the terminated wires on the fuse box, and to connect the two ends together- I made my own fuse box sub-harness. The end result is a solder-free extended plug and play harness.

Fuel stuff I started collecting:

8pin connectors I picked up from the junk yard:

Donor harness from an Acura TL I had laying around the shop:

Electrical schematic I drew up to make the sub harness:

Starting to de-pin and repin new terminal pins and wires into the connectors:

Wire Loom to keep everything together:

Ohm each terminal pin with its corresponding terminal on the other side:

Finished Sub Harness:

Once that was done, I started pinning each wire on the harness:

I divided the 16 wires into two 8 pin connectors and made one female and one male so there’s no chance of a wrong connection with the sub harness.

Plugged into the harness:

Fuse box side:

thing that sucks about this mod is that you have to extend and replace the main power leads from the battery, to the starter and to the main harness. Got this battery relocation kit to make it happen:

All wires ran, new cables, and engine fires right up, and all accessories powered by the engine compartment fuse box work!

(pardon the ghettoness, the fuse box has since been mounted and carpet put back in place).

And what is taking the place of the fuse box:

I also decided to get some second hand comptech headers to replace the DC sport headers that were installed in the car by the previous owner:

Then I had them ceramic coated in white:

Also got a Difflow diffuser:

Went to Hyperfest:

And won best paint/finish

Soon I will drop the tank, install the new fuel pump and run all the lines. Then I can test it out and then install the iD1000’s I have along with AEM EMS, wideband o2 sensors and gauge display. Stay tuned!

Spent the last few days finishing up my fuel system. This is something that I have wanted to do since I built my last NSX. I have seen some NSX’s with modified fuel lines, but they all looked sloppy. My goal for this mod was to keep everything neat and tidy, with minimal fuel lines running in the engine compartment. I probably made the system more complex than it had to be, just to have it be as clean as possible. Main priorities were to have independent feeds for each rail, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, AN lines and fittings throughout, and a high flow fuel pump and filter. This is how I have it set up:

Since there was nowhere to mount a fuel filter in the engine compartment that didn’t look dumb and out of place, I chose to mount it under the hood. This meant running fuel line from the tank to the front of the car.

Mocked up my modified factory fuel rails for fitment of AN hose ends:

I then dropped the tank and installed a Walbro 450lph in tank fuel pump, along with an Earl’s banjo bolt AN fitting and Earl’s nylon -6AN hose.

While the tank was out, I installed two -6AN bulkhead fittings onto the firewall.

Behind the firewall, I assembled a Y-fitting, and three 45* hose ends to sit in the pocket out of the way of everything.

This took care of the split, and how I was going to have independent feeds for each rail. Once this was all tight and set in place, I ran hose from the Y-fitting to the fuel filter, and reinstalled the tank.
Up top, I assembled all the hoses and fittings to complete the plumbing.

Fired the car up, adjusted fuel pressure to 55psi and let it warm up. Shut it down and inspected for leaks, with none found. Fuel pressure gauge indicates a sealed system that holds pressure after the car is shut down for roughly 15 minutes or so. I’m going to clean it up even more, specifically the return side of things. But now I am ready for my stand alone EMS and tuning!

And I snapped some random photos of the car:

getting closer….

Love this build. Are your headers still white?

Very nice done. Wonder why u dont use -8 or -10an from the tank to the y

Thank you. I selected -6AN because for the needs of the build, it was more than efficient. Just looking to maximize flow, even out the feed for the rails, and prevent deterioration from ethanol. If I were aiming for huge power #'s with a turbocharger, I would have selected a larger injector size, surge tank with a bosch 44 pump and larger lines. But for this NA build, what I have should do just fine.

Love those wheels always did! Been looking g for a set of 18/19 no luck.:redface:

Thanks! I too am a huge fan of the Desmond's. Unsure if they ever made a 19?

Love this build. Are your headers still white?

Thank you! And yes, the headers finish has held up to the heat and are still white. Driven about 800 miles on them or so since they have been coated.

What a great project. I love your attention to detail and keeping things tidy and stock looking.

Quite sure they never did.

Your car/build and workmanship is literally second to none. Blown away with the attention to detail!!!! Amazing

Thanks Chris! Send me your car so I can turbo it!!

And for all the fanboys:

qumune8u.jpg

Uknowncoatings is making a Multipiece desmond regamaster... Which I assume would open up a bunch of new options for sizes/widths/offsets to suit anyone's needs.. Dunno if I would want to cut up my uber rare limited production wheels for a custom fit.

I love these white wheels. I used to have white wheels on an old red Civic Type R. So beautiful. But a nightmare to keep them clean.

Thanks Chris! Send me your car so I can turbo it!!

And for all the fanboys:

Uknowncoatings is making a Multipiece desmond regamaster... Which I assume would open up a bunch of new options for sizes/widths/offsets to suit anyone's needs.. Dunno if I would want to cut up my uber rare limited production wheels for a custom fit.

Don't cut up your wheels. I own a pair of 18x10.5+45 Evos that were special order from Desmond, so they do exist just keep your eyes out for them and scoop them up quickly, they don't last very long when they come up for sale.

Maybe I have overlooked it but may you please tell me what size those white desmonds on your beautiful car are?

Bernhard

wow I just saw this thread. Really nice.

Back