• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC 1.6 pulley sizes 1991 3.0L

My search/research says:
4.2" (low boost 1.6 pulley) and high boost is 4.0"
Can someone with an old school CTSC 1.6 with high boost measure the outside/overall diameter of the pulley?
Thanks,
Tom

I believe mine was 3.8
Thanks!
1.6l CTSC?
What boost (psi) do you show?
Can you measure the outside diameter of your pulley to confirm.
I understand that at least one vendor measures the belt diameter as it lays in the groves on the pulley. The back (smooth) part of my belt is essntially flush with the 2 outer "shoulders" of the low boost pulley (4.2")

You seem to be having the same problems I was when I had my 1.6 whipple. Instead of sticking it out I just sold it and got a turbo haha. Anyways I figured my missing boost was most likely a slipping belt. Even though the tension was really tight, I think it can slip- So I have read on here a guy scuffed up the pulleys with sandpaper and that worked. We checked for leaks, and pulley diameter research etc. Nothing worked but I never tried the sandpaper thing so ill never know. I had the high boost setup and was seeing 5 -6 lbs at 1400 ft and dry summer temps. At sea level it was seeing between 8-9. ( sea level had moister cooler air so perhaps that helped the pulley "grip" as I can not imagine 1400 ft difference would be two or more lbs difference!)Maybe that was just all the power it made and I was expecting more from the start.

You seem to be having the same problems I was when I had my 1.6 whipple. Instead of sticking it out I just sold it and got a turbo haha. Anyways I figured my missing boost was most likely a slipping belt. Even though the tension was really tight, I think it can slip- So I have read on here a guy scuffed up the pulleys with sandpaper and that worked. We checked for leaks, and pulley diameter research etc. Nothing worked but I never tried the sandpaper thing so ill never know. I had the high boost setup and was seeing 5 -6 lbs at 1400 ft and dry summer temps. At sea level it was seeing between 8-9. ( sea level had moister cooler air so perhaps that helped the pulley "grip" as I can not imagine 1400 ft difference would be two or more lbs difference!)Maybe that was just all the power it made and I was expecting more from the start.
I will take your experience into consideration...thanks. I was standing right over the belt during dyno runs and saw/heard no slipping, that being said I will not rule it out. I understand that slipping will cause belt residue/dust...so I will be watching for this.
I think I said in another post, I drove the car last weekend and I am pleased with the feel/performance gain over NA. I know I will continue to investigate BUT the car is a blast to drive as it is.

I'm telling you right now: the best thing I ever did was sell my sc and buy angus apx turbo kit. Minimal extra expense for so much more. Plus I feel the turbo is better suited for the natural power curve of the Nsx, and heat becomes a non issue. Sc in summer temps is just not good for the motor generating all that heat from heat soak. For another 3 ish k your car will go from respectable to actually fast. Take a ride in a angus setup car if you can and see for yourself.

I'm telling you right now: the best thing I ever did was sell my sc and buy angus apx turbo kit. Minimal extra expense for so much more. Plus I feel the turbo is better suited for the natural power curve of the Nsx, and heat becomes a non issue. Sc in summer temps is just not good for the motor generating all that heat from heat soak. For another 3 ish k your car will go from respectable to actually fast. Take a ride in a angus setup car if you can and see for yourself.

No arguments...I have a twin turbo 300zx with 343 rwhp as my daily driver. The ramp-up is (still) really cool after 23 years!
I'm sure I will end up in turbo NSX but right now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride...I mean live the dream.

Back