• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx west fest 2014

I'll be there; leaving on Friday from Calgary. You were right- hotels are tight and costly. Think I'll roll the dice with Hotwire or something like that.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:
Eric and I are planning to meet out here in Abbotsford. I'm waiting to hear from Kevin as to where we will meet and at what time. Aiming to arrive around noon or earlier.
* I'm not exactly sure what's going on but lately I haven't been receiving email notifications for forum updates or private messages. I'm also guessing the same could be happening to others. Normally I would expect to see more traffic on this forum with the event being so soon. So you can find me here :)
[email protected]
604-818-6033

I am also planning to drive up Saturday morning leaving from Vancouver.

If anyone is interested we could arrange to meet and drive up together.

Haha it's summer temps here. Hot as heck. There has been some concern about the fires, but think of it like people who live in tornado areas or tropical rain areas they deal with it and move on. I have lived here for almost 20 years and it's just part of the climate. That being said: our sympathies always go out to those who are out of their homes until this passes. My house is far from the fires, opposite end of town and across the lake so 20 k or more. Safe here. Hope this eases some concerns.

Haha it's summer temps here. Hot as heck. There has been some concern about the fires, but think of it like people who live in tornado areas or tropical rain areas they deal with it and move on. I have lived here for almost 20 years and it's just part of the climate. That being said: our sympathies always go out to those who are out of their homes until this passes. My house is far from the fires, opposite end of town and across the lake so 20 k or more. Safe here. Hope this eases some concerns.
I'm surprised to hear that it is humid. Kelowna is usually anything but in summer ... more like a desert really.
Personally, I would be more concerned about air quality than fires. It's very bad in Alberta right now.
I agree that if you live and work there you "deal with it" but this weekend is about having fun and making choices accordingly. :biggrin:
And why am I not getting email notifications ... any ideas?

I can tell you that today the smoke in Calgary was bad, and it got worse as I headed west up to the great divide, after that it became progressively better. It is hardly noticeable in Kelowna.

Not sure about the email notification thing.

Wow! What a super event. Nice to meet everyone and special thanks to Kevin for having us.
Pam was a great leader on our quick jaunt from Abbotsford up to Kelowna undeterred by the mist and aquaplaning for the first hour up the Coquihalla. Eric and I were tucked in behind while Alan kept to the rear intent on properly breaking in his 1 day old corvette stingray.
I had a great trip back to Vancouver beginning with the twisties on the Westside Road which Kevin had recommended. An aggresive drive there demands giving the gearbox a real workout! A minor detour adding on approx 125 km allowed me to take the scenic route through Kamloops and subsequently Cache Creek and finally via the Fraser Canyon through the various tunnels. I think that is my favorite driving route in BC. On a nice day, it is simply spectacular. Traffic was relatively light with adequate opportunities to overtake and let the NSX show off its stuff. Hours of driving and a perpetual grin on my face all the way down to Hope.
P7196336r.jpg
P7196337r.jpg

This was lots of fun and very casual. I really enjoyed meeting new owners and their partners. It was also great to see Marc again after nearly 14 years. One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to Kangaroo Creek Park with Eric and Cindy. The meet was cut short a bit which worked out perfectly for all of us. Nasty traffic from Hope westward, as usual.
I have posted public albums on Facebook of the meet and the farm (please add me)
http://on.fb.me/UnK8Z7
http://on.fb.me/1nONED2

Last edited:
I'm glad everyone enjoyed it and I see no reason if there is interest to continue this annually and see the numbers grow. In store do next year: hotel booked for everyone far in advance at a group discount, ad an additional drive or cruise on the Saturday. So what month would be best in 2015 you guys/girls tell me and I'll start making it happen. Thanks to our local guys jim and terry for coming out. I have a newfound respect for red nsxs and saw two with collector plates pretty sweet. All of you were awesome thanks so much!!

May for the hill climb and the Peachland car show was a good weekend. I can help out with the planning too.
Thank you for hosting. I'd like to see pics if anyone has some. (y)

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it and I see no reason if there is interest to continue this annually and see the numbers grow. In store do next year: hotel booked for everyone far in advance at a group discount, ad an additional drive or cruise on the Saturday. So what month would be best in 2015 you guys/girls tell me and I'll start making it happen. Thanks to our local guys jim and terry for coming out. I have a newfound respect for red nsxs and saw two with collector plates pretty sweet. All of you were awesome thanks so much!!

Back