• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Post - New Owner

After lurking on this forum for quite a while, I had a good day today. A very good day...

15543240498_3fcd04b574_z.jpg

15108727794_27dfeeaff8_z.jpg

15109296853_2920e29aa6_z.jpg

15510182118_637164d160_c.jpg

15693649641_19a59e27f0_c.jpg

15697161682_5142ac65a7_c.jpg

15510373547_f8e8f7b22f_c.jpg

15510759970_1b08364c1b_c.jpg

Time for a little nap after a 2 week trip coast to coast...

15543832720_03d6765bde_c.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are quick, I was still sorting out the pix! Thanks.

I accidentally deleted the interior shot. Silver metallic.

15075612564_68b58e3a18_c.jpg

Last edited:
...........nice.....where any neighbors out asking if you had hit the lottery, or other goofy compliments? btw where are you located?

Still getting the account settings sorted. I'm in South Jersey, across the bridge from Philly.

Yes PO took extremely good care of the car, had all the little do dads, records, wind plugs, manuals, original wheels, etc. It was not easy for him to let go.

As for the neighbors, they've seen so many cars coming and going over the years nothing surprises them anymore. When my sig block gets going, it'll have a link to my website with some of my previously owned. I sold my '93 RSA to make room for the NSX. Painful on the selling end, pleasurable on the buying end. I'm just an old car enthusiast, tryin' to enjoy 'em all...

15510181558_4e84590968_c.jpg

welcome to our region.I'm in NE Pa.We have a great group of owners in this part of the world.join the nsxca our national club and check in from time to time in our regional forum on prime.I don't envy your traffic.For us northerners getting around philly to get to the jerzy sure is a pita.

Silverstone with silver interior :hypnotysed:

Dreamy combination. Congrats and keep her nice !

Welcome, absolutely beautiful NSX! Hopefully you get some quality time in before it gets too cold/snowy

I can't help but laugh at the PT Cruiser in the background :D is that yours too?

Congratulations... Looks like a very clean car! Welcome

Congratulations!! Another NJ car! I see you went with Thomas C. Sunday as well. Great choice for the transportation of your new acquisition. Enjoy it in good health!!

Wow, you guys are quick, I was still sorting out the pix! Thanks.

I accidentally deleted the interior shot. Silver metallic.

15075612564_68b58e3a18_c.jpg

And I thought my passenger seat was virginal even after Teej's sitting in it for ~6 hours total during NSXPO probably took the overall passenger time it's seen since 1993 to 10 hours ....beautiful example you have there!

I'm enjoying your car adventures & pix listed on your website in your sig file too, nice stuff. Congrats!

Welcome and congrats! Beautiful!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I wish I had some sort of unique barn find type of story, but not that exciting. It was nothing more than through the classifieds here on Prime!

It was the first or second day of my search, and there it was. Lots of people had looked at the ad, quite a few calls, but only 2 serious ones by the time I called, totally lucky on the timing I guess.

I actually didn't know if this was the normal smattering of classifieds or what, it's just what was there. I hadn't been following the market that long. I wasn't sure even what the differences were between the different years, so I had been reading like crazy all the resources on this site. What I did know is the NSX seemed to me to be a significant deal when looking at todays market prices of various collector and performance cars, and then look at how unique the NSX is. Trust me guys, as an outsider the threads about climbing prices I scanned on Prime are kind of amusing. I believe this is one seriously undervalued automobile. And I voted with my wallet. But, you always buy for the car and the emotion, not the investment. Anyway...

I called the seller and we chatted. He had "2 serious buyers" ahead of me. I was 3rd in line. So, I kept looking. There was an ultra low miles 2004 in Oregon (with a much bigger price tag) that I was a day late on, and I almost pulled the trigger on a very low miles '91 at an Acura dealership in Chicago (a very very attractive $43k), but it had no records and had a few mods I didn't want. I spoke to an internet dealer in Las Vegas who has 2 late models on his lot, but didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling. And, I guess in the end, I have slight (very slight) leaning towards the later cars, so I was maybe subconsciously dragging my feet on the Chicago '91.

But, I didn't pull the trigger. I stayed in daily touch with the seller of the car I eventually bought.

The #1 buyer in line was from Arizona. He was scheduled to show in 2 days over the weekend. He never showed as promised on the the Sunday which was 2 days after I had made contact.

The #2 buyer in line from Wisconsin or Iowa (I forget) was ready to go, but seller had "some concerns". I spent a few stressful few days waiting that one out. In the end the seller passed on him. I came down to some "requirement" the buyers financing source had, whereby seller had to send him the original title in advance of the receiving the funds, so buyer could "finalize the financing". Supposedly a "state law". Seller was needless to say not feeling right about that, so I moved to the front of the line. I agreed to commit to fly out to LA asap (about a week delay) if he would agree to hold the car. That all came together and I arrived in town a week later (sidenote: the same day as Obama was there, visiting Gwyneth Paltrow for a fundraiser - I arrived about 20 minutes ahead of the Prez, but it still clogged up the roads from the airport, making the drive from LAX to Valencia a lot longer than normal).

Anyway, I finally got there, drove the car and we did the deal. Just like that it was done, sometimes you just know. I mic'd the paint to confirm no signs of a repaint, not that it really needed it, the car was so obviously loved there was little to say. It retains all the serial number tabs on all the panels, how cool is that? I've never seen that before. And all the bits and pieces were there along with a day old $2k bill from the 30000 mile service that he did 2000 miles early, because he's an anal kind of guy. Car's AC was "blowing a bit weak", apparently there are 2 fans, and one was acting up? So, he replaced both just in case. It was obvious as he walked me around the car and explained its story this was the perfect guy to buy a used car from.

I headed back to the airport and flew home the next day. Due to my travel and the truckers schedule, it took another month or so to get the car home, but the car is now safely tucked away in my garage.

So, thanks Prime, couldn't have done it without you!

Last edited:
Back