• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Inquiry

Is there any ETA on this? Do you have any teaser pictures? And maybe rough price range? Anything to make me wait a little longer. Thanks

Just wanted to update - We have had to move the motor mount project to another manufacturer and are in the initial stages of scoping the work. I will update when I have any new information.

***We do not have the small motor mount that bolts to the alternator bracket, if there is anyone that can let us borrow one to model you will be offered a set of mounts at cost. Please reach out via PM if you can help the community!***

I need a light weigth alt-bracket too! :) Whats the status and do you have some pics already? Also want to knwo the weight. thanks!

Have a picture of the mount??? I might have an extra...

Have a picture of the mount??? I might have an extra...
null_zps2b0fe20f.jpg

The mount on the left.

Last edited:
My machinist is working on valve covers for me at the moment then will be moving onto the brackets after.
Great. Maybe I should wait before replacing my mounts then. Just to drop the bracket in and save time to re-torque all the mounts again.

**sorry have only front and rear spare mounts. Right side mount is on the car.

Last edited:
No go... I thought I had an extra...

Alright thanks. Appreciate you looking.

Offer stands for anyone that can get me the 4th mount.
If no luck and time is against you there is one for sale on eBay for probably less than you're willing to give discount for on your set.

I see there are a lot of NSX aftermarket hanger mounts on eBay, wonder if they are re-manufactured oem units or completely new aftermarket. Def don't want to copy a copy...

Are you still looking for the 4th engine mount? Mine is currently off the car while I work on replacing the timing belt. How long would you need it for?

Are you still looking for the 4th engine mount? Mine is currently off the car while I work on replacing the timing belt. How long would you need it for?

Likely a few weeks. Sounds like you wouldn't want to wait that long based on the fact a timing belt not a long term job.

Also wanted to update.

Valve Covers: machining is underway (so I am told by my vendor). Took quite some time (ALOT longer than originally planned) to get the valve covers to the front of their production queue and I want to apologize for any miscommunication.

Engine Mounts: due to an issue with the vendor we wanted to use for these we have started with another vendor. We were told 3-5 weeks before production could start and pricing will be finalized soon. Pricing as is will be without the 4th (right) mount until we can get our hands on an OEM unit.

Alternator bracket design is complete after a number of revisions. We are trying diligently to get production on these expedited and I will keep everyone updated. We will be making approx 20-30 for the first run. The revised billet alternator bracket design weighs in at 2.5 lbs. compared to the stock unit which is roughly 12 lbs. Below is a render of the model.
20150528_053907129_iOS.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Saw his giant for sale post yesterday. I will hit him up. Thanks for the info!

ALTERNATOR MOUNT
Alternator mounts are beginning production, we will be field testing testing a set to verify quality prior opening for orders .

Below is a photo of a prototype with 1 tooling pass remaining, this sample does not have a final tooling finish which will be down to 2000 grit equivalence.
fecc5f6c09b2e1fff96b436a0925dab5.jpg

Model:
https://vimeo.com/131143735

ENGINE MOUNTS
We are still trying to track down an OEM right side mount. We are about to start production of the mounts so if you have or know anyone that has one please let me know. It would be a shame to offer 3 of the 4 mounts.

There are aftermarket right side mounts everywhere on the web, however we don't want to use a copy to design off of.

*We will offer a full set of billet mounts at cost to anyone that can allow us to borrow a right side mount for a few weeks.*

VALVE COVERS
Valve Covers are currently in production, due to the complexity in the tooling, we do not have any information as to when they will be available to order.

Been following you on IG. It looks awesome:..

I might have missed it in past posts, but do you plan on offering NA2 mounts as well? Sign me up for an NA2 Alternator Mount!

I might have missed it in past posts, but do you plan on offering NA2 mounts as well? Sign me up for an NA2 Alternator Mount!

My understanding is that 91-92 had a different mount part number than 93-2005 but the primary function bolt pattern is the same.

My understanding is that 91-92 had a different mount part number than 93-2005 but the primary function bolt pattern is the same.

Interesting. What you say may be true, but when I purchased my new engine mounts I was told to specify NA1 or NA2. It might have been for nothing based on what you say, but you may want to dig a little deeper to find out for sure.

I might be willing to loan you all four mounts. What damage will they suffer from doing so? These are NA2 NSX-R Engine Mounts.

Last edited:
Back