• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Inquiry

We've had quite a few suggestions from fellow Primers to produce items for the NSX. This thread is meant to focus on needs and locating owners able to provide the part in question to model and measure and in return they will be able to purchase the end product at cost.

Parts we would like to make and have a need for an OEM variant to measure and model:

1) Alternator bracket - pending shipment
2) Motor Mounts - 3 of 4 mounts pending shipment
3) NA2 ABS bracket - pending shipment
4) Billet Seat Mounts - ?

Suggestions we are considering:
1) Rear Upper and Lower A Arms
2) Dry Sump System

Please use this thread to suggest parts, and also identify yourself as a candidate to provide the part to be measured and modeled. I will keep the list updated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Billet seat mounts....

Hi,

PM me your complete shipping address. I may have a set of motor mounts in US that i may be able to have shipped to you.
I have 3 out of 4. i don't have the right one (by the alternator)

Nuno

Hi,

PM me your complete shipping address. I may have a set of motor mounts in US that i may be able to have shipped to you.
I have 3 out of 4. i don't have the right one (by the alternator)

Nuno

PMed.

Billet seat mounts....

This should be pretty straight forward to mount to the car, but is there a target seat to mate to or would it be modular in the fact I would need multiple bolt patterns?

If anyone has an existing seat mount in mind that is sliding or not I can measure the various supported seat bolt pattens that would be all I need to get this going. Anyone?

Last edited:
Why only rear upper and lower control arms? Why not front and rear...possibly adjustable?

I was a big fan of these doorsills and tried very hard to make them work, but the bottom line is they simply weren't fabricated for a proper fit. If you want to give it a try though - that would be cool. Here are some picture heavy posts that I put up describing the problem in detail: [post 1 - product detail] [post 2- problem] [post 3 - conclusion]. Autovation had them priced at $100 - for a properly fabricated piece though, I would pay a bit more than that.

xg5r.jpg

3) NA2 ABS bracket
I think you mean a '97-05 ABS bracket. NA2 is an engine code that has nothing to do with brakes. There were two brake setups on the U.S. NSX: the '91-96 brakes (all of which had the NA1 engine) and the '97-05 brakes (some of which had the NA1 engine, others had the NA2 engine).

What would be nice are some NA1 brake bracket adapters to use a 13" Mustang rotor.
Similarly, you mean the '91-96 brake bracket, not the NA1 brake bracket.

I think you mean a '97-05 ABS bracket. NA2 is an engine code that has nothing to do with brakes. There were two brake setups on the U.S. NSX: the '91-96 brakes (all of which had the NA1 engine) and the '97-05 brakes (some of which had the NA1 engine, others had the NA2 engine).

Similarly, you mean the '91-96 brake bracket, not the NA1 brake bracket.
He meant the 00-05 ABS pump bracket

Ryu
I am so glad you have the 00-05 brake bracket for foundry to borrow . I really want this part and I really want the lightweight alternator bracket

Nice!

Fixed or sliding seat mounts?

Does anyone have a set of seat mounts (sliding or otherwise) I can improve upon/measure/model that I can borrow to make the seat mount? I've seen a few pictures of another billet going around here on Prime.

fixed or sliding seat mounts?

Does anyone have a set of seat mounts (sliding or otherwise) i can improve upon/measure/model that i can borrow to make the seat mount? I've seen a few pictures of another billet going around here on prime.

fixed

Just wanted to update everyone. We are currently engineering the alternator bracket and should have OEM motor mounts. and ABS Brackets shortly. For the motor mounts we are going to be offering them with various RA Poly inserts. You'll have your choice of very soft to full stiff. Thank you everyone for your help getting these products to market.

what would the eta be on the alternator bracket, my engine is out of the car now so before I put her back together this would be good to do.

what would the eta be on the alternator bracket, my engine is out of the car now so before I put her back together this would be good to do.

Alternator bracket is being modeled now, I also just received 3 of the 4 motor mounts today.

Probably 3-4 weeks for alternator brackets and 1-2 months for motor mounts since I need to find the forth.

I'll be stocking 20 alternator brackets on the first run, after that it's 3-4 weeks for the next batch. Price is not firm on them yet as we are still optimizing the design.

Last edited:
Cool put me down for a set please, I dont need the engine mounts but would like the alternator bracket asap

Back