• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling My Beloved 91

Hi everyone-

As you all may have noticed, my 91 Berlina Black is up for sale. :frown: NSX ownership and this community has been such a huge part of my life these last 8 years that it was a really difficult and heartbreaking decision. However, as I was rocking my 2-week old son to sleep, I realized I need a car with 4 seats and all the modern safety items. My heart said no, but my gut told me it is the right thing to sell. Like it or not, however, I've become something of a knowledge base on the NSX and I will still lurk around Prime answering questions :D. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the community who has helped and guided me over this NSX journey: LarryB, docjohn, Kaz, Ryu, DocL, Ken Sax, goldNSX, Andreas, Shad, Billy, CL65, Harry, Shawn, Perry, dawk, mike, Eddie, Chris and the SOS crew, and so many others. This is truly the greatest group of car enthusiasts I have ever encountered.

In a few days, a Pearl White 2013 Nissan GT-R will be rolling into my garage. And, at some point, the NSX will roll out one last time. I don't know how I'll feel hearing the bark of the Fujitsubo titanium for the last time, but I do know I'll think fondly of all of you and the adventures we have had over this NSX journey.

Paul "Honcho" Parisi

PS- I'm still rooting for my boy Jenson button and McLaren Honda, even though my NSX will be gone. :cool:

paul,

it will be sad to see you go.i look for your posts,and consider you one of the most knowledgeable people on here.you gave me some very helpful advice on yokohama s.drives,which i appreciated,and which i am now enjoying on my car.please do keep lurking around and sharing your knowledge. good luck on your new car,and enjoy your new son.

Paul,

Hate to see you (Car) go. I do like you choice of a car with 4 seats! Enjoy, hope to see you lurking!

I tried to send a message telling you in long lenth not to sell it but your mail box is full.

so to sum up my email

DONT SELL IT do what I did purchased a used 07 Honda Odyssey for 5k let the nsx take a breather for a few months.

Thanks guys. Shawn I know- it feels like I am giving away one of my kids. That's why I hope it someone on Prime like you and not some douchebag on fleabay buys it. I really want it to go to a good home and to someone who will appreciate what I've done with it. But, cash is king, you know?

you inbox is full PM me with price I may convert yours to a NSX-r let me know

Good luck with the sale! Don't be a stranger...

I know, I know... it's like selling your best friend.

We know you'll check in here from time to time... right?

oh man! its a sad day but you've certainly have your priorities in place. I won't say goodbye. How about "see you again later!"

Definitely. Probably in a Gen2 NSX. ;)

you inbox is full PM me with price I may convert yours to a NSX-r let me know

Shawn you've got e-mail. :D

Good luck with the sale! Don't be a stranger...

So far a few Nigeran scammers and a couple of low ballers lol. I really hope a Prime member buys it! I'm not going anywhere- NSX Prime is my internet cozy place lol.

I know, I know... it's like selling your best friend.

We know you'll check in here from time to time... right?

I still check in every day- that's not changing! :)

Paul, I was expecting something like this :) but hey whatever makes you happy! Good luck and thanks for all your help man

2014-BMW-M5-by-Vorsteiner-rear.jpg

I tried to send a message telling you in long lenth not to sell it but your mail box is full.

so to sum up my email

DONT SELL IT do what I did purchased a used 07 Honda Odyssey for 5k let the nsx take a breather for a few months.

I think Shawn hit the nail on the head. Too late now, but I don't understand why you didn't opt for a good used cheap family 4 door vehicle. Buying a 2013 GTR tells me it's not a financial issue. I think you're going to get tired real fast of securing your son in his babyseat in the back seat of the GTR. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though. Congrats on the baby boy!

Paul, I was expecting something like this :) but hey whatever makes you happy! Good luck and thanks for all your help man

2014-BMW-M5-by-Vorsteiner-rear.jpg

It came down to a E60 M5 or the GT-R. :D

I think Shawn hit the nail on the head. Too late now, but I don't understand why you didn't opt for a good used cheap family 4 door vehicle. Buying a 2013 GTR tells me it's not a financial issue. I think you're going to get tired real fast of securing your son in his babyseat in the back seat of the GTR. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though. Congrats on the baby boy!

It's not a financial issue- just a life issue. The reason why I'm not driving a Camry is I have an awesome wife. :) She agreed we should have a second car with 4 seats but said, are there any other Japanese supercars that have 4 seats? When I said GT-R, she said "Get that." The RDX will remain the main "family" car, but this way I have the option of getting the kids with my car if my wife is somewhere else. So, no daily strapping in the kids. Just once in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Shawn, your PM box is full bud. :)

Last edited:
I remember meeting you to look at that NSX in Palm Beach which was a complete basket case. I think you should keep the NSX and just get another vehicle. My household has four cars, one for kids only, wifes car with one car seat in case we need to split kids up, my car for work commute, and my weekend car. We have an extra floater car seat also. It can be done Honcho. Keep the NSX and buy used SUV for just the kids.

Well at the first glance it was strange choice indeed. Given it's primary kids hauler. But since it's not I think it makes sense if you have emotional connection with GT-R. It's not comfortable for long family outing. Pretty noisy. So it must be that you still have desire to hoon around everywhere you go :) which is cool and I'd rather have dad like that than some boat driver. I totally get it.

Since it's clear why not M5 I wonder why not 997T? :) just curiosity that's all ;)

Good luck to you. We in the NSX community will still be your friends. And presumably you can find helpful, knowledgeable new friends in the GTR community as well. Stay in touch!

...this way I have the option of getting the kids with my car if my wife is somewhere else...

You also have the option of scaring the bejeezus out of your entire family at the same time.

You'r wife is, as they say around here, a keeper! Enjoy Godzilla.

You'll be back.

I sold my 92 for a Nissan GTR. Love that car but the rear seats are vestigial at best.

I remember meeting you to look at that NSX in Palm Beach which was a complete basket case. I think you should keep the NSX and just get another vehicle. My household has four cars, one for kids only, wifes car with one car seat in case we need to split kids up, my car for work commute, and my weekend car. We have an extra floater car seat also. It can be done Honcho. Keep the NSX and buy used SUV for just the kids.

Thought about that, Doc, but we just don't want 3 cars. Back when I lived in NYC, the NSX was my weekend car. I barely drove it. The car deserves to be driven and I couldn't just let it sit in my garage gathering dust. The GT-R gives me the option to cart the kids around if necessary, but still delivers the Japanese super sports experience as a daily driver. Truth be told, it's probably just a bridge car to the new NSX. :D

Well at the first glance it was strange choice indeed. Given it's primary kids hauler. But since it's not I think it makes sense if you have emotional connection with GT-R. It's not comfortable for long family outing. Pretty noisy. So it must be that you still have desire to hoon around everywhere you go :) which is cool and I'd rather have dad like that than some boat driver. I totally get it.

Since it's clear why not M5 I wonder why not 997T? :) just curiosity that's all ;)

Roman, I drive a NSX. That means I hate Porsches. Seriously, I can't stand the 911 and am only lukewarm over the Cayman.

Good luck to you. We in the NSX community will still be your friends. And presumably you can find helpful, knowledgeable new friends in the GTR community as well. Stay in touch!

Thanks Ken, that means a lot coming from you!

You also have the option of scaring the bejeezus out of your entire family at the same time.

You'r wife is, as they say around here, a keeper! Enjoy Godzilla.

I can't wait to use launch control LOL.

You'll be back.

I sold my 92 for a Nissan GTR. Love that car but the rear seats are vestigial at best.

Yep, as I told DocL, next car after the GT-R will likely be the new NSX. Only other way I'd do it is a NA2 coupe.

Thanks for all the informative post's and pm's that have been shared. Just from your post's your passion for the NSX can be felt. If you can keep the NSX, preserve it for your son.
I have a 5 year old who was 2.5 when i got my car. He loves it and will most likely get the car unless i purchase a 2nd one in spa ( the color he wants)
Just think how great it would be for your son to have an original NSX that his dad gave to him.

Well, I've had Godzilla for a day and here are my initial impressions:

* This is the fastest car I've ever driven. And I've had seat time in a Viper GTS, C6 Z06, 993 Turbo, Murcielago and F430. There is some turbo lag due to our thin air, but when the boost hits, it's like the space shuttle. You know when the Millennium Falcon goes into hyperspace? Like that.

* Visibility is not as good as my NSX. Then again what is aside from a F1? The hood is high (thanks stupid gov't pedestrian crash standards) and the windows are narrow. I don't like the tint on the windows because you can't see anything at night or in a parking garage.

* The steering feel is surprisingly as good as my NSX. This shocked me, as I was expecting a very "digital" feel. But the steering is as direct and connected as the NSX. The car feels nimble and eager to change direction. For something so heavy, it feels light on its feet. Bravo to Nissan for tuning the VDC and power steering correctly. Let's hope Acura does the same for the new NSX.

* Confession: I love having all the new gadgets. :D Navi, Bluetooth, Homelink, USB audio, etc. I know I could put all of these in the NSX, but it would cost thousands and take days of my time. I love that I did not have to turn a single wrench to get them.

* The transmission feels a lot more like a manual than an auto. Still, auto mode is very comfortable and the shifts are smooth. The differentials clink and clunk when reversing, but I kind of like it because it reminds you this is an elite machine. That said, I'm going to miss my JDM 5-speed. Nothing changes gears as nice as a NSX. Nothing.

* The brakes. Oh my God the brakes. Like suck the skin off of your skull brakes. Enough said.

* The car has a Meisterschaft cat-back exhaust which is a straight pipe with no mufflers. It sounds UNGODLY at WOT but I think I'm developing a brain embolism from the drone at 2,000 rpm. It's gotta go. Looking at either the HKS Legamax, Fujitsubo Super Ti or just a stock 2013 exhaust.

I'm gonna really miss my little black car and some lucky bastard is going to get one hell of a NSX when they buy it, but maybe it's time to turn a new chapter in my car journey...

Pics:

View attachment 121668

View attachment 121669

Back