• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Selling My Beloved 91

I don't like the tint on the windows because you can't see anything at night or in a parking garage.
Is that factory tint, or aftermarket? (That's exactly why I didn't like driving with the aftermarket tint on a friend's NSX.)

Echoing all the other comments here:I switched from a Toyota Camry and 2002 Imola NSX to a 2012 GTR because I thought I could consolidate both cars into one functional, practical (haul my kids around as well), sporty vehicle.Dont get me wrong, the GTR was great and stupid fast in stock form. But after a while, it got boring. I dont know how else to put it, but it was just not as fun as the NSX. So I wound up selling the GTR (had it less than a year) and now I am back with a NSX and a daily (Civic SI rocks, btw!). Please keep the NSX and dont regret it like me... to this day it was the worst decision selling that Imola.

Is that factory tint, or aftermarket? (That's exactly why I didn't like driving with the aftermarket tint on a friend's NSX.)

Not sure, Ken. I think it is aftermarket because it is super dark. When I purchased my NSX, it too came with dark tint everywhere. I hated it and removed it quickly. At night, you have no idea what is on either side of your car- it's like driving while looking through a periscope. I might opt for a lighter tint, though, as the Colorado sun is very strong.

Echoing all the other comments here:I switched from a Toyota Camry and 2002 Imola NSX to a 2012 GTR because I thought I could consolidate both cars into one functional, practical (haul my kids around as well), sporty vehicle.Dont get me wrong, the GTR was great and stupid fast in stock form. But after a while, it got boring. I dont know how else to put it, but it was just not as fun as the NSX. So I wound up selling the GTR (had it less than a year) and now I am back with a NSX and a daily (Civic SI rocks, btw!). Please keep the NSX and dont regret it like me... to this day it was the worst decision selling that Imola.

I hear you, and I was often one of those people on this forum urging the same to other owners. But, I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens. Like I said, I'm probably coming back in a new NSX. :)

Congrats ! Love the new GTRs . A guy at work wrapped the roof and hood flat black and it looks much lower, tricks your eye.

Sorry to hear you are selling your awesome car.

I wish I was ready for a comeback or she'd be mine, I have a couple more years. Kids still in college and weddings...arrrg

Roman, I drive a NSX. That means I hate Porsches. Seriously, I can't stand the 911 and am only lukewarm over the Cayman.

Amen Brother! :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you are selling your awesome car.

I wish I was ready for a comeback or she'd be mine, I have a couple more years. Kids still in college and weddings...arrrg

Thanks, man. I really do hope it is one of you guys who buys it- the car deserves that level of ownership. Though, it is looking like some scrub on Fleabay probably will end up with it. Such a shame. I'm holding out hope for Shawn though- maybe he has a customer who wants a NSX-R conversion? Can you imagine how cool my car would be as a NSX-R?? :D

Say it aint so! We'll miss you Paul, enjoy that Nissan video console :wink:

Nah, I'll still be on Prime. :) Funny thing about the GT-R is that is feels remarkably ... analog. I'm totally blown away.

65de6d80f65f5cd97778970365f03887.jpg

It's time to make it true family hauler :))

Well my car has found a new home. A very nice gentleman in Pennsylvania will be taking delivery soon. He's a car guy and will take good care of her. I'll leave it to him to introduce himself. :D

Well my car has found a new home. A very nice gentleman in Pennsylvania will be taking delivery soon. He's a car guy and will take good care of her. I'll leave it to him to introduce himself. :D

Well, I guess that's my cue. Hi, I'm Jazzmann (Will IRL) from Chadds Ford, PA. I started a thread over in the new member's forum, but now that the deal's gone through, I guess I can graduate to the big boy's room. Chadds Ford is in extreme southeastern PA, about 10 minutes north of Wilmington, DE. Any owners in that area? If so, gimme a shout, let's have some fun!

Congrats to both parties! Enjoy :)

Hey Lambchop,

I cracked open a brand new bottle of 1942 last night to commemorate the closing of the deal. Somewhere toward the end of my second double neat, it started to sink in, what I've done here. gawd, what an incredible feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Lambchop,

I cracked open a brand new bottle of 1942 last night to commemorate the closing of the deal. Somewhere toward the end of my second double neat, it started to sink in, what I've done here. gawd, what an incredible feeling.

Sorry, Lamchop.

Paul, I was expecting something like this :) but hey whatever makes you happy! Good luck and thanks for all your help man

2014-BMW-M5-by-Vorsteiner-rear.jpg

Yes M5 is nice!

GTR is hardly a family car, there's quite a few bay area dad's trying to pretend the GTR is a family car and it's a joke. Just keep the NSX and get a cheap minivan, it's a better solution. I would never have one of that fat pigs in my garage. If you really need a family car replacement the M5 or Pana GTS are the ideal sports cars.

You will miss your NSX, do not sell it!

Back