• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE 2005 Acura NSX JH4NA21645S000143 - Southeast Auto Group

Thats funny, I saw this car too...thanks for the heads up....seems like it will be challenging to find a good car for sale at the right price.

WOW! NSX Prime made an unscrupulous car dealer come clean!! I thought I'd NEVER EVER see the day!

HAHAHAHHA THE CAR IS STILL FOR SALE ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THE DEALER HAS A MASSAGE FOR ALL YOU "NSX BOYS"! READ IT!

http://www.southeastautogroup.com/2005-Acura-NSX-Mooresville-North-Carolina-28117/5424856

APPARENTLY THE BOYS FROM NSX PRIME HAVE REALLY TRIED TO KEEP US FROM SELLING THIS CAR BY CONTINUALLY PUTTING IT DOWN AND SENDING IN STRAW BUYERS TO INSPECT AND TELL EVERY ONE THAT IT IS A BAD UNIT . WELL BOYS I HAVE TO SAY YOU HAVE DONE A NICE JOB . SO WHICH ONE OF YOU WILL STEAL IT NOW . I MEAN IT IS NOW THE LOWEST PRICED LATE MODEL ANYWHERE AND FRANKLY NOT A BAD DEAL. YES IT HAS SOME REPLACED PARTS AND SOME PRIOR DAMAGE BUT IT WAS NEVER A TOTAL LOSS HAS A CLEAN TITLE AND IT ACTUALLY LOOKS FINE AND RUNS GREAT AND NOT TO MENTON ONLY ONE OF THREE IN THIS COLOR COMBO MADE IN 2005 . SO NOW THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT. DOES IT MAKE THE CAR WORTHLESS. I THINK NOT. IT IS A NICE CAR AND RARE IN IT'S FORM. THE CAR WILL NOT GO DOWN IN VALUE .SO I WOULD LIKE IT IF ALL OF YOU FOLKS ON THE FORUM STOP PUTTING IT DOWN AND US AND LET US GET ON WITH SELLING IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL ACUTALLY BE HAPPY WITH A GREAT DEAL ON A VERY COLLECTABLE VEHICLE . WE KNOW IT'S NOT A 90K UNIT BUT IT IS WELL WORTH THE ASKING #'S . PUT A STOP TO THIS NONSENSE .

Oh please. You know I wasn't a straw buyer. I drove my NSX when I came to look at this car. I've owned multiple NSXs, absolutely love the car, am particularly fond of the blue ones, and also really like the '02+ body style. There aren't many '02+ blue NSXs out there, so when I saw I'd be driving not too far from one for sale I definitely wanted to look.

I have never owned one with damage history, but I know the car well enough that I'm not scared off by minor damage that has been repaired well. If I had looked at this car and felt it might have met that description I'd have asked to have it inspected at a body shop of my choice, and if it checked out I'd have made you an offer.

Stop acting like some kind of victim. I notice that, despite all those words, you didn't dispute anything I said in my inspection report, so I assume you realize the car has issues. If you really want to sell it for the best possible price, either wait for someone clueless (though directing them to NSX Prime probably isn't going to help them remain so), or simply be more open about what's going on with the car. The fear of the unknown is probably hurting the sale more than if people knew exactly what is going on with it and what it would take to make it like new again.

i live nearish these guys in Charlotte and upon someone meeting me and realizing I had an NSX, he says that his friend has one too (like all the stories go). But then i found this is his friends car and the friend is the guy selling it. Let me put it nicely: these are some shady, dumb, childish clowns with this vehicle, as well as with everything else on their lot.

I would buy it for 30K hands down. cut the targa top off and weld a coupe top. now I would have a 2005 Coupe LOL seriously I would do it.

Buyer interested

Hi, I'm a relatively new Prime member. This car interests me because of the price - where else can you find a '02 or newer car for under $60K these days. The seller seems to have lowered his asking price down to very close to what he originally bought it for at auction. If the seller is correct in saying that the bumper and rad support were all that was replaced and the hood, rad fenders etc. are all still original to the car, my question would be: What sort of % off a truly original, unmodified and undamaged repaired car should we be looking at? Right now it looks like this one is priced 15-20% below one with similar mileage. Does anyone want to weigh in on an opinion if that is enough? Given what's been disclosed about this car, is the damage (if all true based on his disclosure) not that extensive? After all, it doesn't take much to write one of these puppies off and this one still has a clean title. From what I've heard about the seller, they are not nice and anything they say should be confirmed by an expert. I don't live anywhere near NC, so I am appealing to someone out there who's seen it because I haven't stroked it off my list just yet.

its like you see a man take a childs lollypop and the child crys....... they he walks over to you and try to sell you the watch on his arm knowing that this person took the childs lollypop would you buy the watch?

the car may be fine and repaired properly but we had to dig the info out, bully the seller into disclosing his version of what happened to the car, and how it has a clean title is to sell the car to someone in another state that doesn't carry the title status over.
this car IS NOT CLEAN TITLE from the state is was wrecked in.

you can buy the car all day long and it could very well drive perfect till the day they bury you in the ground the point is do you buy the watch off his arm after seeing him take the lollypop from the sad little child?

Hi, I'm a relatively new Prime member. This car interests me because of the price - where else can you find a '02 or newer car for under $60K these days. The seller seems to have lowered his asking price down to very close to what he originally bought it for at auction. If the seller is correct in saying that the bumper and rad support were all that was replaced and the hood, rad fenders etc. are all still original to the car, my question would be: What sort of % off a truly original, unmodified and undamaged repaired car should we be looking at? Right now it looks like this one is priced 15-20% below one with similar mileage. Does anyone want to weigh in on an opinion if that is enough? Given what's been disclosed about this car, is the damage (if all true based on his disclosure) not that extensive? After all, it doesn't take much to write one of these puppies off and this one still has a clean title. From what I've heard about the seller, they are not nice and anything they say should be confirmed by an expert. I don't live anywhere near NC, so I am appealing to someone out there who's seen it because I haven't stroked it off my list just yet.

Here is my $0.02 and you can take it for what it is worth.

I doubt this car will ever be "right", but there are only going to be two groups of people who will ever know that:
1. You
2. Whoever buys it next

For the people that see the car rolling down the street, they will likely never know. Given that most people don't even know what the heck the car is, they aren't going to know that your car has a shady history.

This car looks like an NSX and probably drives about 70-90% like a NSX. You can probably throw a bunch of money at it and get it closer to the NSX drive, but odds are it will never reach 100% just because once these cars are broken they are darn hard to put back properly (aluminum is fussy like that). This car will also never appreciate in line with a no-stories NSX; the high end purchasing market is fussy like that. In short, you are buying a reduced NSX at a reduced price, so that is really a fair deal. Just keep in mind it *is* a reduced NSX. As long as that doesn't bother you, buy it, drive it, smile all day long.

"This car will also never appreciate in line with a no-stories NSX; the high end purchasing market is fussy like that. In short, you are buying a reduced NSX at a reduced price, so that is really a fair deal. Just keep in mind it *is* a reduced NSX"

Agree 100%. I guess I just needed someone to hammer that point home. The fact is, being in Canada, this car is out of reach realistically. When I take into account exchange, duty and taxes, I'd be paying over $90K in Canadian Pesos for a car with the wrong kind of history. I guess I really wanted to believe it all made sense as it's what I want colour-wise. Thanks for the feedback.

Back on eBay for the 3rd time after multiple shill bidding listings

I again spoke with fleabay security and gave them all the background info on every listing. They did nothing the second time it "sold" at a no reserve auction so let's see if it's three strikes and they're out...............

If the seller is correct in saying that the bumper and rad support were all that was replaced and the hood, rad fenders etc. are all still original to the car,

Not all the fenders appear to be original because the front quarter panels don't have VIN stickers. Notice the dealer omits those from the list of panels with VIN stickers, but the later models have them from the factory.

my question would be: What sort of % off a truly original, unmodified and undamaged repaired car should we be looking at?

There is no way to determine that until someone determines exactly what is going on with the car.

Does anyone want to weigh in on an opinion if that is enough? Given what's been disclosed about this car, is the damage (if all true based on his disclosure) not that extensive?

The dealer lists some known repair work, but the real wildcards are not known:

First, how well was that work done? Based on what I saw I'm not too optimistic. When I looked at it in person there were a number of things that I considered red flags.

Second, and most importantly: What, if anything, still hasn't been repaired? Why did the whole right side of the car look slightly pushed back? I didn't have it on a frame rack to measure so I can't quantify it, and hell maybe I was just hallucinating, but I have a pretty good critical eye for NSXs after all these years.

IMO any opinion on value someone gives you without a qualified independent body shop inspection is nothing more than speculation. That's why I didn't even take a stab at estimating value in my post after inspecting the car in person. There are three possible scenarios:

1. The car is worth substantially more than the dealer is asking. This is basically impossible just based on what is already known.
  2. The car is worth roughly what the dealer is asking. This is possible, but how can you know without a body shop evaluation?
  3. The car is worth substantially less than the dealer is asking. This is also possible, but again we can't determine without professional evaluation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please. You know I wasn't a straw buyer. I drove my NSX when I came to look at this car. I've owned multiple NSXs, absolutely love the car, am particularly fond of the blue ones, and also really like the '02+ body style. There aren't many '02+ blue NSXs out there, so when I saw I'd be driving not too far from one for sale I definitely wanted to look.

I have never owned one with damage history, but I know the car well enough that I'm not scared off by minor damage that has been repaired well. If I had looked at this car and felt it might have met that description I'd have asked to have it inspected at a body shop of my choice, and if it checked out I'd have made you an offer.

Stop acting like some kind of victim. I notice that, despite all those words, you didn't dispute anything I said in my inspection report, so I assume you realize the car has issues. If you really want to sell it for the best possible price, either wait for someone clueless (though directing them to NSX Prime probably isn't going to help them remain so), or simply be more open about what's going on with the car. The fear of the unknown is probably hurting the sale more than if people knew exactly what is going on with it and what it would take to make it like new again.

I noticed the dealer re-listed it under a new URL on their website and removed any references to NSX Prime... Maybe they're going with the "wait for someone clueless" approach and agreed that directing people here wasn't the best way to execute such a strategy. Haha.

Last edited:
I noticed the dealer re-listed it under a new URL on their website and removed any references to NSX Prime... Maybe they're going with the "wait for someone clueless" approach and agreed that directing people here wasn't the best way to execute such a strategy. Haha.

I knew they would do that, so that is why screen shots come in handy.............

shillingbastards.jpg

The fleabay auction is now over and the car has been sold for a third time. It looks like the "winning bidder" is another dealer given the amount of bids on vehicles. Let's see if this one turns out to be another fake auction. What I find curious is that the winning bidder is paying more in the ebay auction than the asking price for the car on the Southeast Auto Group website.

Based on the bids, looks like they had "real money" on the car at around $47k. As they are in to the car for over $58k based on the auction price, they might be realizing that they overpaid at the auction.

If they can afford to hold the capital, tossing it in a storage area and waiting for the NSX market to pop might be their best strategy to recover their loss.

Last edited:
Back