• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE 2005 Acura NSX JH4NA21645S000143 - Southeast Auto Group

the front upper radiator support has been replaced ( missing the OEM stickers and VIN sticker on the front bumper also the front lower rad support, if the rad support was replaced then prob both front a/c condensors were replaced, if the rad support was replaced then the front headlights were replaced

one thing I didn't notice any VIN on anything this car must have had a full respray but Im not a paint guy

- - - Updated - - -

I wish we could have pics of the wreck... since it was someone at an USAF base maybe someone knows a General or a Major or a Fighter Pilot that had one and wrecked it, we have lots of military guys on prime I am sure they can do some digging and find the original owner and maybe some pics of it in the ditch. I wanna see the pics damn it

- - - Updated - - -

can you imagine the look on the sellers face when their little fender bender front bumper painted turns out to be a full roll over total loss LOL

Already has 19 bids. Can't Ebay be contacted to make them aware of the shady sale? I sent seller a comment saying it has been wrecked & a link to our page....

If you read my posts on the first page of this thread you will see that the seller knows all about the incidents.

Members are calling the dealer to advise of the cars history (even though they are aware) and apparently the dealer is hanging up on them. Lol

Already has 19 bids. Can't Ebay be contacted to make them aware of the shady sale? I sent seller a comment saying it has been wrecked & a link to our page....

I always question a quick bidding war when there are still 6 days left in the auction. Serious bidders don't come out of the woodwork until the end of the auction so I am skeptical in these situations as to whether there is shill bidding to get it close to the reserve so when the real buyers get involved it takes them over the reserve. If you look at the bidding history of the bidders, most have multiple bids across various makes of cars so it wouldn't surprise me if they were other car dealers helping out a friend.

For example, here is a 30 day bidding history of one of the bidders:

eBay Motors > Acura 2 Seller 2 6d 23h
eBay Motors > Toyota 10 Seller 3 5d 21h
eBay Motors > Toyota 12 Seller 4 5d
eBay Motors > Car & Truck Parts 2 Seller 5 15h
eBay Motors > Chevrolet 1 Seller 6 5d 10h
eBay Motors > Jeep 1 Seller 7 4d 5h
eBay Motors > Toyota 1 Seller 8 6d 20h

Last edited:
I can't imagine buying a car for 70k and not doing some research on it. I guess if you look at the carfax it shows the two accidents but a smooth talking salesperson could probably talk his way out of it...."oh that first accident was in a parking lot with a shopping cart.....second one was a minor one......look the airbags did not even deploy...."

So I guess the big question is; how much is the car worth with it's history? 40k??

I recently looked at JH4NA21645S000143 in person. The dealer has all inventory in a warehouse with an office up front. Current mileage stated as 40,811 and asking price $69,950.

Lee had to leave shortly after I arrived but one of his sons who is a car guy and knew a decent amount about the NSX (though he's really a Nissan guy) stayed with me while I looked it over and we chatted a bit. His son was very accommodating. He ran over to the shop side of the business to get a nice LED work light since the warehouse was pretty dark, and also offered to get the car out (it was parked in with cars on all sides) and put it on their lift for me to inspect it more thoroughly. I declined the lift offer due to my schedule, and I saw enough just doing a walk-around inspection to answer what I came to find out.

In my amateur opinion it appears everything on the right side of the car, from the nose to the tail lights, is misaligned in a way consistent with being "pushed back" in a fairly hard front offset/angled impact. There were some other areas of concern under the front hood and on the lower left side of the car as well, but the right side situation was enough to end my interest in the car. I didn't open the engine hatch or start it. They said it's stock.

I'd strongly recommend getting this car thoroughly inspected by a good body shop before purchase to figure out exactly what is going on with it.

Last edited:
The car is on eBay with no reserve so it will be sold in less than 6 hours!

The current high bidder has bid on five completely different brands of cars in the last few days, all from this same seller. So if that is the winning bidder I have a feeling we may see the car listed again in the near future.

Bidders: 16Bids: 33Time left: 3 hours 11 mins 59 secsDuration: 7 days

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding.
Show automatic bids
Bidder Click here to know more about anonymous user IDs Bid Amount Bid Time
r***4 ( 9 ) US $63,201.00
May-13-15 16:12:26 PDT

Bidder Information
Bidder: r***4 ( 9 )
Item description: Acura : NSX Base Coupe 2-Door
Bids on this item: 1

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 5
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Help Last Bid

eBay Motors > Porsche 1 Seller 1 4h
eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 1 2d 21h
eBay Motors > Acura 1 Seller 1 4d 3h
eBay Motors > Pontiac 1 Seller 1 1h
eBay Motors > Audi 1 Seller 1 1h

The current high bidder has bid on five completely different brands of cars in the last few days, all from this same seller. So if that is the winning bidder I have a feeling we may see the car listed again in the near future.

Good catch. Clearly shill bidding to increase the price.

Good catch. Clearly shill bidding to increase the price.

Here is the final result:

Item number: 311357445813

Acura : NSX Base Coupe 2-Door
Winning bid: US $65,100.00
Bidders: 17 Bids: 35
Time Ended: May-17-15 19:16:32 PDT
Duration: 7 days
This item has ended.

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding.

Bidder Click here to know more about anonymous user IDs Bid Amount Bid Time
n***u ( 1 ) US $65,100.00 May-17-15 17:35:27 PDT
a***c ( 63) US $65,000.00 May-17-15 17:52:59 PDT
r***4 ( 9 ) US $64,800.00 May-13-15 16:12:26 PDT
a***c ( 63) US $63,101.00 May-17-15 04:57:52 PDT

And much like the previous r***4 bidder, this account bid on a number of different vehicles recently, all from the same seller.

Bidder Information
Bidder: n***u ( 1 )
Item description: Acura : NSX Base Coupe 2-Door

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 10
Items bid on: 6
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Help Last Bid Help

eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > Acura 1 Seller 1 1h
eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > Audi 3 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > Chevrolet 3 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 1 6h

Last edited:
I was serious about this car and had the dealer take additional pics of underside. Don't understand why a car of this year and color is as dirty and not detailed for a price of $66k. Plus the concerns of this forum did solidify my answer "not for me"!!! I am still looking.

So in the latest "no reserve" fleabay listing, it shows as being sold for $65,100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Acura-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Always a skeptic, I googled the vin and found it still listed for sale on their website:

http://www.southeastautogroup.com/2005-Acura-NSX-Mooresville-North-Carolina-28117/5424856

They also had a 360 listed for around the same price so I figured I would give them a call to arrange a visit to compare the two vehicles, expecting to be told that the NSX had been so sold.

But.....................

Lo and behold, I was told the 360 was sold but I could still buy the NSX because THEY STILL HAD IT!

I didn't want to push the issue further but BUYER BEWARE when dealing with the following dealer:

banner.jpg

Okay, so let's see what happens this time.

Vehicle listed as being "sold" again. Another winning bidder who has bid on 4 or 5 different cars for this same dealer and whose bidding history is 100% with this dealer. The last time that happened I reported it and the dealer claimed the prior winner of the auction could not get the financing. Now it "sold" for even less in this repeat no reserve auction.

The winning bidder this time also bid up the price on the earlier listing. I don't know why the dealer would not have contacted him since he was third highest bidder (at almost $65k last time) if the winner actually flaked on the purchase and offer it to him as a runner up but he is now getting it for $4k less than he bid last time. If he takes it.........

Let's see if it continues to be listed at the dealership like after the last no reserve sale..........

Bidder Information
Bidder: r***4 ( 9 )
Item description:
Item Title:
Acura : NSX Base Coupe 2-Door

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 5
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Help Last Bid Help
eBay Motors > Acura 1 Seller 1 1d
eBay Motors > Pontiac 1 Seller 1 1d 1h
eBay Motors > Porsche 1 Seller 1 4h
eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 1 2d 21h
eBay Motors > Acura 1 Seller 1 4d 3h

Last edited:
They're probably just hoping to break-even at this point and only bidded up to $61k. I'm sure they were hoping someone would outbid the shill bidder but that didn't happen.

The seller's website now says "THIS WAS SOLD A FEW WEEKS AGO BUT THE BUYER WAS UNABLE TO OBTAIN FINANCING"

What kind of used car dealer considers a car sold before the buyer has delivered full payment or approved financing? Any one I've worked with will at most hold it for you with a deposit.

Other questionable statements from the ad:

"CLEAN TITLE NO SALAVAGE HISTORY" Seems like a technicality at best based on the history report posted earlier in the thread that reported severe damage in 2006 and structural damage in 2015.

"THE HOOD ,DOORS,REAR QUARTER PANELS AND TRUNK LID ALL HAVE THE ORIGINAL ACURA VIN#'S CONFIRMING THAT THE FRONT BUMPER WAS ALL THAT WAS REPLACED ." What about the front quarter panels? Odd they aren't mentioned. The VIN labels appear to be missing from them in the photo:
1014250-23-large.jpg

"AFTER CLOSE INSPECTION IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED THAT ALL THE REPAIR WORK HAS BROUGHT THE CAR BACK TO FACTORY SPECS ." How was it determined? Do they have a printout showing measurements from a body shop?

"REPAIR WAS FIRST CLASS AND CANNOT BE NOTICED AT ALL." It sounds like the above inspection noticed it.

Last edited:
Back