• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren 540 competition for the NSX

they should replace high-tensile steel with alum for higher end sports cars. otherwise, steel is so last century...
Preaching to the choir, my friend! :D

Not to mention the Alfa C4 with... carbon-composite tub for ~$50k starting MSRP.

The looks of the NSX-v2.0 being one thing, but then the weight! :eek:

After looking at the 570 compared with the NSX I think I actually may like the front end of the NSX more than the McLaren... Believe it or not. Anybody else not a hater of the NSX front end?

Where are we getting the 3600lb weight from? GT-R is 3800+ btw.

I say that's a fair guess if they can make the new NSX weigh in at 3200 lbs before emotors and battery weight - based on the RLX SH-AWD weight gain. I'm more optimistic to believe Honda can manage 3,000 lbs, but in today's stringent safety regulations???

I say that's a fair guess if they can make the new NSX weigh in at 3200 lbs before emotors and battery weight - based on the RLX SH-AWD weight gain. I'm more optimistic to believe Honda can manage 3,000 lbs, but in today's stringent safety regulations???

Very unlikely Honda will be able to manage 3000 lbs with the NSX. Given the hybrid drivetrain and all of the extra cooling elements they had to add to the car, I'm thinking we're looking at between 3400 and 3600 lbs. Still probably going to be a rocketship as straightline speed goes but not going to be particularly light, especially considering the materials used.

Very unlikely Honda will be able to manage 3000 lbs with the NSX. Given the hybrid drivetrain and all of the extra cooling elements they had to add to the car, I'm thinking we're looking at between 3400 and 3600 lbs. Still probably going to be a rocketship as straightline speed goes but not going to be particularly light, especially considering the materials used.

I meant 3000 lbs before the emotors and batteries (in conventional thought if Honda were to make a car without the hybrid stuff) - like in comparison of the FF RLX weighing 4000 lbs and then the SH-AWD 4320 lbs.

In McLaren-world, this is how they see the "competition"...

570S
911 Turbo S
R8 V10-Plus

540C
911 Turbo
R8 V10

650S
458 Italia
Huracan

675LT
458 Speciale

P1