• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carlsbad C&C / Palomar Run 6/13/15

Carlsbad C&C / Palomar Run 6/13/15

PpI'm Unfortunately I brought my charged all night GoPro and good camera, but forgot the damn memory cards for both:redface: I guess getting up at 6:30 am on a Saturday isn't good for the mind.:tongue:

Anyways, Fred (FFdrifter) was doing a cross country trip as he makes his way to his new home in Hawaii and posted that he'd be in So Cal and wanted to do a drive and hit up the world famous Carlsbad Cars and Coffee..So I set up a Palomar drive to coincide with the CnC.. Any reason to do a Palomar drive is a good reason:biggrin: but of course taking some new friends and old ones makes it great!!! We had a blast, but unfortunately of the 10 that started out from Carlsbad only 6 of us made it to the top of the mountain and the Palomar Observitory:frown: someone took a 15 mph turn on the Mesa Grande portion a little too hot and went off-roading...luckily the unnamed driver was ok and the car seemed ok as well, but just as a caution decided to have it towed home...but like I said, luckily driver and the car are fine.

We really lucked out and had great weather and some open roads once we hit the Mesa grande and Palomar portion...its attacking roads like those that owning these cars is all about...:biggrin: ear to ear the whole time.

Here is about all I got from some iPhone pics...

Download-File

Download-File

- - - Updated - - -

Some cars that caught my eye.
Download-File

Download-File

The survivors.
Download-File

I don't what happened?? Looks like photobucket is having issues...

[ATTACH

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 124821

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Some of the pics off my phone:

Carlsbad C&C:
2YRtv26.jpg

sBgZw4D.jpg

JsbjGL2.jpg

III288i.jpg

AS6IIBS.jpg

LK8rIAo.jpg

neu49xY.jpg

OidBCiP.jpg

xBeoZi5.jpg

ZgtpNT3.jpg

1OblLg1.jpg

My count was 14 NSXs total showed up to Carlsbad, which to my understanding was probably record NSX attendance to that regular event. It was great meeting a lot of old friends (including folks I haven't seen in many years and even Omar who I last saw at a Washington DC-area C&C), making new friends and putting faces to forum names.

- - - Updated - - -

Some pics from the drive:

On the way up:
VY4wCWT.jpg

JfCYaZP.jpg

ZeZALOL.jpg

L6kh44g.jpg

Palomar Observatory:
AT7fxNU.jpg

NE7Ybac.jpg

jqMsA39.jpg

5BLS5UY.jpg

bs91svd.jpg

5ssV64X.jpg

UBWYpbH.jpg

Palomar again proved how awesome of a drive it is. I've done a lot of really good drives both on the East Coast and the West Coast but Palomar still stands out as one of my top routes. The rhythm is amazing, the views/weather/road conditions are solid and it is just an all-around amazing drive. I personally rank Palomar over a lot of more famous drives including Tail of the Dragon and Shenandoah/Blue Ridge. It really is that good and I hope to be doing it again soon-ish whenever I bring my NSX back through San Diego again.

Much thanks to Mark/Andy for setting up the double meet (Palomar + C&C) and helping to bring a great group of NSXers together.

I didn't get too much of a look at them but I thought they were. Christian, the owner, could chime in with more.

Also funny that this was the fewest red NSXs I've ever seen at any NSX gathering. Typically I see 1/3 red, 1/3 black, then 1/3 everything else. Not SD though.

I didn't get too much of a look at them but I thought they were. Christian, the owner, could chime in with more.

Also funny that this was the fewest red NSXs I've ever seen at any NSX gathering. Typically I see 1/3 red, 1/3 black, then 1/3 everything else. Not SD though.

You know whats also cool about the NSX? its the most layed back, non stuck up, sports car out there......No one cares what race, or background, or wealth status anyone is...Hell I talk to folks on Prime for years before actually meeting them, never even cared..its all about the car, I have always liked that about the NSX gatherings.....Great group and great cars posted, thanks for sharing

Back