• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HugaBuga Window Fix Tour SoCal

I've been waiting for someone to post up a window fix party in SoCal. Hasn't happened yet so I'm posting it. Here is the 411 on Hugo coming to town and fixing our window regulators.

I will also send PM's to those who have signed up for the install as we get closer to the date to protect Tony's home from you bandits!

1) Valhalla (JC) - early morning
2) SeaSharp (Craig) - early morning
3) Ready2Hunyh (Tony) + stereo repair 3 amps - mid day

4) MarineNSX (Mike)
5) B2finity (Dennis) - Late afternoon

6) mcano (Mario) - early morning - maybe?
7) Movado75 (Mike) - mid day
8) MexiRicer (Robert) - mid day
9) ThaiT (Thanh) - afternoon
10)L-RAO (Loc)
11)SoCal 91X (Patrick) - mid afternoon

12Hapa88 - (Adrian - maybe)
13)Flexthatdx - (Jimmy) - early morning
14)Lazyboy69 - (Jack) - anytime
15)99 Problems - (Hai) - mid day
16)IVACE1 - (Leon) - stereo repair only

17)Influence82 - (Ken)
18)91X - (Mark)
19)PuertoRicanStar - (Brandon) - cancelled 8/26
20)EZRIDER - (Rodney)
21)jfsa82 - (John) - afternoon
22)kday - (Pat) + stereo repair?
23)kuu - (Edward)
24)S2k-Nsx - (Tony)
25)Bleudyno - (David) + stereo repair - early AM first in line
26)Greg-TT - (Greg) - early or late - cancelled 8/31
27)funtastic - (Philip) - stereo repair only

28)NsxBUM - (Larry) - late afternoon
29)Phyrxis - (Colin) - morning
30)NSXY82 - (Harut) - afternoon
31)michaelbrat - (Michael) - morning
32)1036NA2 - (Anthony) - sometime
33)Patrick Awakawa - sometme

I will have all the kits so cash on delivery at the time of install. Remember it's $200 for the kit alone and another $200 for labor if he does everything or only $125 if the door cards are removed. For those without an abacus that is $400 or $325 to have speedy windows again.

September 1 - Denotes the Orange County location and is the only location that will offer the stereo fix
September 5 - Denotes the South El Monte location on September 5 for window only repair

Last edited:
By the way, if we do this thing and any of you have the original stereo amplifiers in your doors and/or under the passenger footwell, I can rebuild them for you. I will only charge you for the parts (about $20 per amp I believe). I repaired electronics for almost 40 years and am very familiar with the typical capacitor failure in these amps. I ALWAYS replace all of the capacitors and more importantly, I replace them with the best quality capacitors that I am aware of. I can honestly say that I have replaced thousands of these components in my career and have had essentially no repeat failures.
If this works out, I will need to know how many amps so that I can order the parts ahead of time. I can get them in a couple of days.
Let me know.

I wanted to add a few words so that we all understand what I am willing to do. I will replace all of the capacitors in your amps that are known to be unreliable. There is no guarantee either expressed or implied (how do you like that for legalese?) that your amps will be working perfectly after I am done. The bad capacitors may have caused circuit board damage and/or there may be some other problem component. I do not have the resources (schematics, parts lists, or test facility for example) to repair ALL problems that may exist. It is highly likely however, that the replacement of the capacitors will fix your problem, and in any case, it's a good idea to get rid of the unreliable capacitors anyway, but as I said, there is no guarantee.
I am willing to spend in the neighborhood of 2 or 3 hours of my time on each NSX and am only charging for the parts and materials. I'm just trying to do a favor for my NSX friends but I don't want anyone disappointed if for some reason, it doesn't work out.
I hope you are all OK with that.

I also discovered something a few moments ago that may interest you regarding the amps. Bose will sell you brand new ones for $140 each. These are the same units but upgraded to the latest design. So that's $420 for a complete set or $140 each if some of yours are working. If you are interested, call Patty at (508) 766-9522. She can tell you the details and if you decide to, you can order them from her.

Last edited:
By the way, if we do this thing and any of you have the original stereo amplifiers in your doors and/or under the passenger footwell, I can rebuild them for you. I will only charge you for the parts (about $20 per amp I believe). I repaired electronics for almost 40 years and am very familiar with the typical capacitor failure in these amps. I ALWAYS replace all of the capacitors and more importantly, I replace them with the best quality capacitors that I am aware of. I can honestly say that I have replaced thousands of these components in my career and have had essentially no repeat failures.
If this works out, I will need to know how many amps so that I can order the parts ahead of time. I can get them in a couple of days.
Let me know.

Craig, awesome offer. I'm sure you will have some takers. I'll let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this mean your car is up and running, JC? :smile:

It is up and running but getting wrapped right now. i won't get final possession until mid week next. Was hoping for today but they ran into some tricky panels and I would rather they take their time and make it perfect. I've waited this long.......

I got a PM from Hugo. There's currently no host for socal. Any takers? I would, but my driveway can only accommodate a couple of cars and there's little street parking.

I got a PM from Hugo. There's currently no host for socal. Any takers? I would, but my driveway can only accommodate a couple of cars and there's little street parking.

I would be happy to host the HugaBuga party. I have room for 4 cars in the driveway and plenty of street parking. However, I'm in Sierra Madre (near Pasadena) so I'm not centrally located. If nobody else that is more centrally located volunteers, I'll be the host.

Mario

Thanks for sticking your hand up Mario. I didn't volunteer as I have zero parking. If no one else in OC volunteers, I'm in at Mario's place.

He's got a new build thread going and it is consuming all of his time. I'll reach out to him again so that we can schedule this up.

Let me know.

It's too bad you aren't traveling with Hugo on his tour!😎

Just got off the phone with Tony and he has offered up his home for an install party as long as it is Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. He lives in Fountain Valley and as long as we can get at least 3 cars, Hugo will come to us. Tony and I are in. I'll send a note to Hugo and let him schedule San Diego, OC and LA.

Working windows..... dare to dream.

As I said, I am definitely in. I only have room for 2 cars in my driveway but there is a park across the street and depending on the date, it's pretty empty. I'm very close to South Coast Acura where we have the monthly meets. We can use my place or I'm good with any other.

Back