• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HugaBuga Window Fix Tour SoCal

I'll add you to the party. We can start as soon as tony makes his house available and Hugo can start. I have a feeling this will be a big party so the earlier the better. I've got yoour spot reserved.

Thanks JC. Anyone know how hard it is to remove door panels? Will clip be broken? Suggest buying new clips before putting door panels back?

By the way, if we do this thing and any of you have the original stereo amplifiers in your doors and/or under the passenger footwell, I can rebuild them for you. I will only charge you for the parts (about $20 per amp I believe). I repaired electronics for almost 40 years and am very familiar with the typical capacitor failure in these amps. I ALWAYS replace all of the capacitors and more importantly, I replace them with the best quality capacitors that I am aware of. I can honestly say that I have replaced thousands of these components in my career and have had essentially no repeat failures.
If this works out, I will need to know how many amps so that I can order the parts ahead of time. I can get them in a couple of days.
Let me know.

Count me in for this! I hate the way my speakers sound w/that high pitch squelching! ...I'll be at Tony's unless there's a part 2 at Mario's which is closer to me.

Thanks JC. Anyone know how hard it is to remove door panels? Will clip be broken? Suggest buying new clips before putting door panels back?

It's not that hard but I plan on buying a few extra clips just in case. Go to South Coast Acura and tell them you are on Prime and you will get 25% off.

- - - Updated - - -

JC - Can you put me down as well? Thanks!

Jack

Jack - you are on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Count me in.

And your name is?

- - - Updated - - -

Count me in for this! I hate the way my speakers sound w/that high pitch squelching! ...I'll be at Tony's unless there's a part 2 at Mario's which is closer to me.

I can add you in but you have two (2) options:
1) I can get your speakers fixed also but that will only be offered in OC
2) We can fix your window but at another location further north with a date yet to be determined.

What would you like? And I need a first name.

Last edited:
I can add you in but you have two (2) options:
1) I can get your speakers fixed also but that will only be offered in OC
2) We can fix your window but at another location further north with a date yet to be determined.

What would you like? And I need a first name.

Sounds good JC...Put me in for the speaker fixing at Tony's. Ohh and its Leon.

Ill pay the $400 to get my passenger's side window fixed. In am in LA county but am willing to drive to OC if need be. The door is vertical and I hope will not be an issue. My name is Ken.

Last edited:
Update on first post. Please read closely as we have added another day and location. But the Bose amp repairs will only be done at the OC location and we need to know how many of you want that service and how many amps need to be repaired per car. Thanks.

Update on first post. Please read closely as we have added another day and location. But the Bose amp repairs will only be done at the OC location and we need to know how many of you want that service and how many amps need to be repaired per car. Thanks.

Hey JC,

I'm interested in the stereo repair only. Put me down for 3 amps please. Thanks!

-James

Hi my name is Brandon, I have a 91 Nsx that I track. My windows are not working and Brian Barnfield I guess recommended me to this thread. I would love to participate in the group event if possible to get my window fixed

New folks have been added and we definitely do have two dates. September 1 is in Orange County and September 5 will be South El Monte. For those of you already committed, please let me know your choice of location. Remember, if you want the stereo repair, that is only being offered in Orange County. See post one for updates.

Count me in for OC on 9/1 JC. I bought the kit from Hugo a while back but never got to install it. Looking to have Hugo do the install. Thanks!

John

You have been added.

- - - Updated - - -

Put me down for the Los Angeles location -pat

I got you Pat and thanks for volunteering to host the September 5 party at your place. Very kind of you.

JC - Can you put me down for the South El Monte location for Saturday? Thanks again for organizing this!

Back