• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Non-OEM batteries and mounting hardware choices - sort of a poll/request for setups

I am thinking I would like to upgrade my battery when the time comes. I researched several posts and find that I need to also consider the mounting hardware. My use of the car is about 9 months out of the year (snow here keeps me from driving Jan - March). My sense is that I will park mostly indoors when I do drive somewhere and when I put it away. I doubt I will need 50 below cranking power, but that is a consideration.

Back to the question, what are you running and what mounting hardware (vendor-made, homemade, oem) are you running?

Too bad Acura can't ship individual batteries. The OEM battery seems pretty good and is really inexpensive.

I am running a store brand battery from O'Riley (SuperStart Extreme IIRC) with OEM mounting hardware.

I would get any reputable brand name battery. I got a discount at my acura dealer the last time and went with that but in the past I have used everything from Exide to AC Delco. Just check to see if the size of the battery is about the same and the terminals are close enough to reach the stock connections.

Back