• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cabin Filter

I learned the NSX didn't come with one but has anyone bought a filter and just drop it into the vent under the hood underneath the cowl? I know there's one that Downforce makes but that's $600...

I'm looking just for a drop-in one that fits and seeing if anyone has done this and what kind/size filter did they use?

TIA!

Thanks for the post. Just did this. So easy. By filter, drop in place and done.

There's a pre made filter baffle and matching filter element for our cars that's available in Japan. I wonder if the element size it uses is commonly available here in the US without having to modify a filter?

Attachments

• nsx_air_filter.jpg
    nsx_air_filter.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 433
Where did you get it and what size? Pepboys?

I just went to Autozone and asked for the Fram CA9115 like the thread said. They didn't have it in Stock but they could order it or give me the STP brand equivalent they had in stock at the time. I bought it and it pops into place with no cutting.

There's a pre made filter baffle and matching filter element for our cars that's available in Japan. I wonder if the element size it uses is commonly available here in the US without having to modify a filter?

Now that looks good. But how much more than the $10-14 filter is that option?

I just went to Autozone and asked for the Fram CA9115 like the thread said. They didn't have it in Stock but they could order it or give me the STP brand equivalent they had in stock at the time. I bought it and it pops into place with no cutting.

Now that looks good. But how much more than the $10-14 filter is that option?

How is the airflow? Notice any difference?

My NAPA store didn't have the NAPA one in stock but are ordering it over, I should be able to pick it up tomorrow and give an update.

EDIT: Installed the NAPA 6646 Gold Filter and it fits snug right over the opening and air flow is unchanged. No cutting, just dropped it on top. The pleats fit into and around the opening.

Last edited:
Yea I couldn't notice any difference. Glad you found something to fit.

Back