• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are 02+ NSX's $100K Cars?

I lol'd at that 96 ad....zymol ftw!

Any word on actual sale price ? All I know is it certainly feels like we are getting there.

I would have to go there in person and chat a bit before they will tell me what it really sold for. But I suspect that in worse case they took 5% off.

I also know of three NSX's that have sold over $100k

^Wow! Didn't expect it to sell for that much!

First with $150K gets mine.

We would tend to say the answer is yes, most definitely but that is just our opinion :)

This is kind of like the home market in terms of resale. A house could have gone up triple in value but there will be no monetary gain until the house is sold. Prior to the sale it's mainly bragging rights. Of course with homes there is always surrounding property values but with cars it's a hit or miss.

We've had customers offer everything from a Ferrari to 6-figure digits to buy but always politely declined. We will say there are MANY serious buyers out there that do have money to buy if they see the right car. Many do not want to be public about the sale so many transactions transpire in private.

In the meantime it's always fun to see these types of discussions :)

2005 Imola/Imola sold!

We would tend to say the answer is yes, most definitely but that is just our opinion :)

This is kind of like the home market in terms of resale. A house could have gone up triple in value but there will be no monetary gain until the house is sold. Prior to the sale it's mainly bragging rights. Of course with homes there is always surrounding property values but with cars it's a hit or miss.

We've had customers offer everything from a Ferrari to 6-figure digits to buy but always politely declined. We will say there are MANY serious buyers out there that do have money to buy if they see the right car. Many do not want to be public about the sale so many transactions transpire in private.

In the meantime it's always fun to see these types of discussions :)

Just accepted an offer for 105K for my NSX. The new owner is a former NSX owner of a 93 Red/Ivory.
He will take good care of her!

Just accepted an offer for 105K for my NSX. The new owner is a former NSX owner of a 93 Red/Ivory.
He will take good care of her!

Thanks for letting us know - congrats! Honestly this comes as NO SURPRISE to me given the things we have heard from our customers at the shop. People WANT these cars and plenty have the cash flow to pay for it. Simple supply/demand ECON 101. This is why the 993 Porsche commands top dollar, Supra MKIV and countless other cars on the market.

Just had a good friend mention a E36 M3 lightweight that was going for $134k - roughly triple the original MSRP. We wonder if the late model NSX can command triple MSRP...hmmmmmm :)

There are 7 02+ NSX's on Autotrader right now. 6 of them are asking $100K or more.

We recently sold our car after two weeks online, so I can speak to where the 02+ market is actually at...

Most of the $100k+ NSX's you mention have been sitting on the market for multiple months. 100% stock examples in rare colors like the one sold above may command $100k plus, but only after some serious patience & persistence. The reality is that these cars, with low miles (<30k), are worth in the mid-80's to low-90's at present time. The car market overall is also definitely cooling off as we get further into 2016, so most NSX speculators might be disappointed going forward.

Last edited:
Based on my data, a total of 3 02+ NA2 NSXs have sold for greater than $100k, plus an additional one whose bidding reached above $100k but did not sell. This is in contrast to the current listing prices for 02+ NSXs, where more than half are listed above $100k. I've talked about this large disconnect between sale prices and listing prices in the Market Analysis thread. Anyways, here they are:

DateMilesPriceLinkNotes
May 201617123$105,000http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...range-Orange-6-Speed-17-123-JH4NA21625S000223The first record of any NSX selling for over $100k
Sept 20164600$144,100https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/af16/auburn-fall/lots/r0947-2005-acura-nsx/547960Dealer installed CT supercharger package
Oct 20163500$120,000https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1016-272548/2004-acura-nsx-t/High bid, did not sell
May 201717000$100,000Post 100Bought by New Milford Motors and still for sale as of 2/20/19
July 201827600$109,300https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Acura...ash=item3b15e62e7b:g:66IAAOSw3D5bVSSG&vxp=mtr"Unicorn" White on White

<tbody>
</tbody>

One additional claim comes from this dealer, who has been sitting on 4+ 02+ NSXs, 2 of which he has had for at least 2 years. In the description, he claims "I RECENTLY SOLD AN ORANGE ON ORANGE FOR 136K AND HAVE DOCUMENTED WIRE TRANSFER PROOF OF THIS." This claim is unverified.
https://www.newmilfordmotors.com/2003_Acura_NSX_10275127.veh

Edit to include additional sales in the comments below.<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc ;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>

Last edited:
Just looking at autotrader it seems the older ones are going up and the 02-05 are going down.

02-05 are going from $70k for a nice example while some people are still asking $100k or more

The 91-01 seem to be going from about $40k on up.

The new NSX's are going from like $115k on up right now:eek:

I'm gonna wait til my 92 is worth as much as an 17 and trade it out:tongue:

I sold my blk/blk 2005 in 2018 with 24k miles for $95k, had engine, suspension, exhaust, and interior mods. I think it was a pretty good price for it considering similar cars have been sitting on the market for months.

got into a nice 993, at a good price, so win win for me.

now back in the market for a white NSX if it ever comes up.

I suppose people are looking for more retro 80s and 90s supercar look. Those pop up headlights are now "cooler" than it was before.
Even though I want 02+ it might be fun to drive around in older sleeker version...

I sold my blk/blk 2005 in 2018 with 24k miles for $95k, had engine, suspension, exhaust, and interior mods. I think it was a pretty good price for it considering similar cars have been sitting on the market for months.

got into a nice 993, at a good price, so win win for me.

now back in the market for a white NSX if it ever comes up.

993 is very good buy. It was stalled and then now it starts to go up in value again..

Anyway I think you may have sold your 2005 for 95k because you had SC....I think those add values versus just having cosmetic mods.
Because a lot of "modders" would rather have someone pay for the SC than putting themselves.
Also cosmetic mods don't really add value to the car and just from looking at NSX sales..more stock it is...it's worth much more. (aka BAT)
I guess a lot has to do with "collectors" now looking to buy original pieces.

To add another data point, I sold my 2005 Silverstone with 17,xxx miles for $100,000 in May 2017. The buyer, New Milford Motors, has been trying to sell it ever since. Last I checked, I think he was asking $128,000.

Back