• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are 02+ NSX's $100K Cars?

Until it sells for that price it doesn't show these are $100k cars.
And even if it did, that could just be a buyer willing to overpay.

IMHO the market value of a car is the price at which similar cars could fairly easily be bought and sold. As you can see, this definition rules out buyers who overpay and sellers who post overoptimistic asking prices.

Those high asking prices help the sellers in the second row with a reasonable priced car.

The only way to *definitively* know is to put a car up for sale and see if someone pays you $100k. Until then it is just speculation.

+1

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Currently, while not listed for sale, I will sell mine for $200,001. Now I guess the answer is a more definitive yes, they're $200,000+ cars!!!!

And even if it did, that could just be a buyer willing to overpay.

IMHO the market value of a car is the price at which similar cars could fairly easily be bought and sold. As you can see, this definition rules out buyers who overpay and sellers who post overoptimistic asking prices.
Ken, are you trying to tell me, that I'm not being realistic? Maybe one of these buyers that are "willing to overpay", want the fastest color, well maintained/driven NSX.

Ken, are you trying to tell me, that I'm not being realistic? Maybe one of these buyers that are "willing to overpay", want the fastest color, well maintained/driven NSX.

Bingo. "Overpay" is an opinion-driven word. You may not value it at $100K, but another guy or gal may have been looking for that Imola for awhile and to be able to have the opportunity to buy it is worth $100K to him or her.

If you don't value it at $100K, and another guy does, he buys it and that's what it was worth...to him.

You are correct, I will admit, that red is the fastest to receive a speeding ticket, but not the fastest NSX!!!!

From what I hear, more red cars get in accidents than any other colors therefore highest insurance rates!

visibility was a small part in the genesis of the "bee"....

I was speaking to one of THE NSX gurus the other day, and he informed me, that if a car has service records, that it has been serviced by Larry Bastanza, it adds at least $10,000 to the price you will receive when you sell your car!!!!

I think that value is more like $25,000. Luckily for me, my seller Jan gave me a good guy $15,000 discount on the car.

Even with the bubbling of values, I agree with those who think $100k is coming, even if not immediately soon. Case in point, the low-mile $75k black '93 on Bring a Trailer that even had some paintwork. Nostalgia is an amazing tool that makes your college girlfriend seem a hell of a lot cuter and less crazy than she really was, so it's even more magical than compounding interest when applied towards a lowish volume underdog classic like the gen-1's. I'm more confident in $100k sales coming than I am in any seller replacing it with anything as equally interesting and unique for that $100k. Yes I'm a fanboy.

I also think $100k is coming, sooner than later and especially for condition 1 02+cars. The rarity is a huge factor. I also think that the modded cars will cease to appreciate much and are a huge bargain if you're not a collector and really want to enjoy them.

I also believe that there will be $100K NSXs in the near future. However, I didn't buy any of my NSXs as a business transaction expecting a return on my investment. Though, I used my business skills to cut the deal that allowed me to purchase mine. After I've had my fun with it, if it's worth something when my son inherits it, well then that's a bonus. I've said this before but, the value of my NSX is in all of the adventures and people my son and I have met since I've owned it. Car shows, trips to NSXPOs and other parts of the country, more recently Japan for NSX Fiesta and the NSX 25th Anniversary. My car was a gift from my late wife and she knew somehow that my son and I would bond through it. For that, there is no price. To quote one of the longtime Primers on this forum,"miles of smiles". Now if I had a gun to my head and absolutely had to sell my car, in the current market I think I could get between $60 and $70K even with a 100K miles on it.

Last edited:
Guys as both a Porsche and NSX enthusiast the 993 cannot be compared to the NSX.

The 993's were only made between 95 and 98. Yes, many more were manufactured but in the Porsche world and with a massive fan base the demand for them is considerably higher than NSX's. Plus, the attachment to an air-cooled 911 vs everything that is water cooled now is what the big draw is and the looks.

993-productions.jpg

Last edited:
25,000 993's in the U.S. Compared to fewer than what? 800 02-05 NSX's? Maybe even fewer?

- - - Updated - - -

Prices go up because prices go up. People buy because other people buy. It's a bit of sheep mentality in the collector market that feeds itself. It just hasn't quite hit the NSX market yet but it will.

What question does it answer?

Until it sells for that price it doesn't show these are $100k cars.

A 2005 Acura NSX Berlina Black with just 2,794 was just sold by an exotic car dealer outside of San Francisco. The asking price was $119,995.

Last edited:
Surely this should be applied to all NA2 cars, as there is very little difference between a '99 NA2 and an '02 02+ NA2 in reality.
Mechanically, you're correct, but there were a number of changes to the body, in an attempt to modernize the car after 11 years of virtually no changes. The front and rear valences, in addition to changing to the "frog eyes". While I prefer the more modern (that's what I own), many prefer the flips.

What the the actual selling price?

We'll probably never know.
Specialty dealers around here mark the cars WAY up hoping a Google or Facebook guy will walk in. The last NSX I saw around here was a beat up high mileage 97 with bad paint and crap wheels. The guy was asking $47K. When I burst out laughing, his response was "well if you don't ask that much you'll never get that much".

Mechanically, you're correct, but there were a number of changes to the body, in an attempt to modernize the car after 11 years of virtually no changes. The front and rear valences, in addition to changing to the "frog eyes". While I prefer the more modern (that's what I own), many prefer the flips.

Hmm. not sure if that qualifies as "a number". Really, we are talking about a body kit, contrasting thread stitching, blue dials and a different shift knob. Is there anything missing? That's not really a very long list. I am going to side with NZNick and say there just isn't that much difference.

As for the original topic - when NSXs are $100k cars it will be apparent. The first sign will be that you can't find a half way decent one for sale anywhere, no matter how hard you try. That is when people will start readjusting their budget for a purchase.

Back