• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

An owner again

After dreaming of owning an NSX for more than 20 years, I first bought the Brooklands Green / Black roof 1994 in 2007, with a little over 100,000 miles. I drove it a lot: I made regular runs to the wine country north of San Francisco, quick (very quick) trips to Los Angeles and back, and even a weekend 700-mile trip to numerous mountain passes in the Sierras. Some of the fondest memories were driving at 110 mph on the straight at Laguna Seca with other members of NSXCA, and driving on Mulholland Drive, both with my son.

Five years later, while going through a annihilating divorce, I had no choice but to sell it to my brother across the country to raise funds for my enormous legal fees. Not only had I parted with the NSX, I had not seen my son much at all in the last 5 years, due to his mother's toxic campaign to interfere with our relationship.

Today, after 4 years serving as a weekend car for my brother, with less than 10,000 more miles, it's coming back.

At more than 23 years after leaving the factory, it needs some loving care to bring it back to its former glory. It will be a restoration project with my son. The project will be a metaphor for restoring the father-son bond, repairing the damage from lost years.

The slow windows will need to be addressed immediately, as they no longer roll up by themselves. Then, the seams of the driver's seat will need to be addressed. I'm not yet decided on whether to restore the original leather, or go with leatherseats.com. There are other little issues like peeling interior trims, noisy clutch, etc. There are electrical gremlins in the alarm, that it doesn't disengage when unlocking the door.

Just like my relationship with my son, the car needs a lot of attention. However, by repairing the car together, i hope to repair the relationship as well. When it's all done, it will be his.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 184
..............I'm not yet decided on whether to restore the original leather, or go with leatherseats.com. ..........

Check into the covers offered by http://interior-innovations.com.

They offer both synthetic and all leather options. I recently purchased the all leather set and am very pleased. They were considerably cheaper as well.

Back