• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, this just happened.....

I will let the pics explain it all.... Motor blown, oil everywhere.... I am thinking it is the head gasket and hope it is limited to that .IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0196.jpgIMG_0198.jpg

Sorry to see that. I was always concerned about going FI when I had my NSX. I blew up many motors in other cars and I didn't want to risk it with with the NSX. Hopefully it's nothing too bad and just a head gasket like you said.

AWWWW NOOOOOOOOO

How were you driving it when it happened? Please share some more details.

Really sorry that this has happened. Don't give up, make your nsx great again! #mnga

AWWWW NOOOOOOOOO
How were you driving it when it happened? Please share some more details.

Really sorry that this has happened. Don't give up, make your nsx great again! #mnga

Under full boost. Whipping the shit out of a 5.0 mustang. Then just a loss of power, oil light and check engine light. Engine bay full of vaporized water and oil. Thinking maybe just a gasket. Can't even sleep now. I hope it is a gasket. My poor car is just littered in oil. Even blew the dip stick out of the motor.

Car wont even turn over now.:-(

Anyone here experience the same thing? Where oil blew all over the engine and blew the dip stick out of the motor?

I was just able to inspect it in the daylight. Looks like my rear bank head gasket blew. Along with oil, there is coolant everywhere.

Expensive repair like I said.

My crankcase pressure built up and pressure pushed my dipstick out before I noticed anything. Another reason why I took my engine cover off.
Yep. I just got off the phone with Shad. Most likely a blown piston which pressurized the crankcase and blew out the dipstick. At 10k for a motor rebuild, I might just sell it as a project car.:mad:
At any event, it will go to him for a compression test first.

Don't sell it. Do the conversion that some others are doing.

It sucks to grenade an engine. I did it on a boosted Saleen and the rod went through the side of the block. It was impressive! :D

Here is the good thing. If I keep it and go low compression, I will also go high boost with aftercooler and I told Shad that 450 whp would be a MUST.:biggrin:

Don't sell it. Do the conversion that some others are doing.

It sucks to grenade an engine. I did it on a boosted Saleen and the rod went through the side of the block. It was impressive! :D
That would be a sight to see....

time for a K swap.

You guys suck ya know that.:-D But it is done and theres no going back so. Still got no sleep last night.
On the K or J swap though, no thanks. I will keep it C30 all the way baby if I keep it. With a built bottom end, 10 psi boost, and an intercooler I could be very happy I think.
If in non carb state, A K or J motor with turbo wouldn't be off the table. But for now its either go big or go home.

I actually stated the wrong info earlier too. The crank does turn over it just doesn't start. So I am hoping the crankshaft is still ok.

My deepest condolences :(
Thanks Kenny. I blame my newly acquired vanity plates. Never had custom plates before and first ride with them, KABOOM!!! It needs to read BLWNC30 now.....:mad:

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/enpp/engine-services/fi-custom-engine-program.html

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...ofspeed-twin-turbocharger-system-for-nsx.html

This is big !!

Jinks , I'm truly sorry for your loss. I know the feeling of sick to stomach, vomit , cold sweats & the thought of just passing out when the shock overwhelms. Again , best to you and hope you stay in the NSX game.
Thanks. I appreciate the support. I really do not see myself selling the car especially for about 15k I imagine to get it to how I want it, that is Kia sedan money. But on the other hand, the paint is starting to get really knarly and the brakes/abs would be a liability as well. Which would probably put that 15k number well into 30k. But still, for 30k there is absolutely NOTHING I would purchase as a replacement. So, it just might be time to hunker down and just do it. The car is free and clear, was bought as a stolen/salvaged vehicle for 16k....

Are you SURE you wouldn't consider a J-swap? Cheaper and ability to make the same, if not more, power for less money....

So sorry to hear this happened. What a bummer. :( Here's hoping you find a path forward that makes you happy.

Last edited:
Are you SURE you wouldn't consider a J-swap? Cheaper and ability to make the same, if not more, power for less money....
If I am moving back to Florida this coming year yes. But I would opt for the K20 turbo. If staying in California, no. I cannot boost it. Besides, Shad still has a race spec comptech motor sitting in the shop that was meant for Rob's track car before it got totaled, who knows. First things first is find cause then decide a solution. For all I know, my fuel pump could have failed or maybe it was in fact just a bad head gasket. But I concur with the fact that the dip stick flew out of the crankcase as a blown piston or rod which Shad and SDuff has mentioned. It's just a shitty ass situation anyway you slice it.

Under full boost. Whipping the shit out of a 5.0 mustang. Then just a loss of power, oil light and check engine light. Engine bay full of vaporized water and oil. Thinking maybe just a gasket. Can't even sleep now. I hope it is a gasket. My poor car is just littered in oil. Even blew the dip stick out of the motor.

Sorry to hear.... but did you win ;)

Back