• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heater core actuator cable? And a few more questions...

Hey guys,

Finally had a chance to root around the NSX some more today on my day off and found a few things I thought I'd ask the collective knowledge of the forum.

First is the attached photo.

IMG_20170607_150224.jpg

I'm guessing that is a cable coming from the Climate Control Unit? It was just hanging out like that. I've placed it back on the lever, which I'm guessing allows coolant to flow into the heater core? I swung the temperature knob from cold to hot and saw that the cable and lever now move together. I've always wondered why the heat was never that hot in the car. Can anyone snap a photo of what theirs looks like? How does the cable stay on? I've temporarily snugged a zip-tie onto it to prevent the cable from coming off.

Second thing is the O2 sensor in the back. The routing of mine seems odd. It comes down from the top and goes IN BETWEEN the front engine mount and the engine. Then it snakes in between the flywheel inspection plate and the oil pan, then on its way to the exhaust pipe. It isn't tied to any harness bracket or anything. Just seems kind of odd. Is anyone else's like this?

Last edited:
If you notice just under the cable, behind the lever is a bracket piece. Unfortunately there is a clip that goes on that bracket that appears to be missing. You may be able to fix the cable to the bracket with a tie-wrap. Sorry but I do not have a pic handy.

The 02 sensor wiring is definately not how it should be. If you are refering to the front/primary it should run up to the front valve cover, lower passenger side(I am refering to the stock setup without headers.

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the clip Larry referred to. Looking at the parts list I don't see a listing for just the small clip. The valve (which I assume includes the little clip) is part number 79700-SL0-A01 and is roughly $84.

View attachment 144865

Last edited:
Oh, man. Thanks, guys! I'm wondering how the heck that little clip came off the bracket on my car.... :confused:

Looked at the parts fiche that you linked and like you probably noticed the bracket and clip is not shown. I'd hate to assume it came with it and spend the money on it when it actually isn't included.

I think as a temp fix, I might just zip-tie that cable down to the bracket. That should provide the same functionality.

Last edited:
Ha, you're right, Larry. I just needed to use the spatial visualization portion of the ol' noodle more goodly.

Back