• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Recall

same with the 96..you had 8 years to get the emissions/catalyst work done.

Ermmmm, let’s not forget the snap ring failure recall on gen 1

Ermmmm, let’s not forget the snap ring failure recall on gen 1
A lot of snap ring related work was done at Acura's expense but the according to the wiki it wasn't a recall: 'First, understand that if there were an across the board offering to fix every transmission regardless of failure, it would be a recall. Car manufacturers do not like the "R" word. There is no recall on the snap ring issue.'
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Transmission#Will_Acura_repair_this_failure_for_free.3F

My recall work is done.
Tanks
Brake light
Thermostat
USB software
New battery, old one tested low/bad

Dropped it off Tuesday am, picked it up this morning. First one they've done and no issues or problems. Ready to enjoy some drives over the weekend.

My recall work is done.
Tanks
Brake light
Thermostat
USB software

Dropped it off Tuesday am, picked it up this morning. First one they've done and no issues or problems. Ready to enjoy some drives over the weekend.

I dropped off my car Tuesday also.
Tanks
Brake Light
Coolant?
USB update
Front Parking Sensor
Oil change
Rear tires (6600mi and they’re toast)

My recall work is done.
Tanks
Brake light
Thermostat
USB software

Glad it went smoothly for you!

I rescheduled my service for the 15th. My local dealer said he had 2 tank sets that came in. He said $5K each tank if I heard him right......

I recently completed the recall at my local dealership. They replaced the 3rd brake light as well as the fuel tank.

The car seems to drive differently now. I noticed last night the higher speed accelerations don't pull as hard as before. I'm not sure what has caused this. Are any of you guys having the same issue?

I recently completed the recall at my local dealership. They replaced the 3rd brake light as well as the fuel tank.

The car seems to drive differently now. I noticed last night the higher speed accelerations don't pull as hard as before. I'm not sure what has caused this. Are any of you guys having the same issue?

I picked mine up today and noticed that also. I thought it was just my imagination.

I’m going for a drive tomorrow. See if I notice anything. Only a couple slow drives since I picked it up.

I drove mine quite a bit in Sport+ and off the line it didn’t have that rush. Then on the highway when darting through traffic it didn’t lunge like it used to.

I messaged my service advisor about the issue. He is going to check with his master technician Monday. I will keep you guys posted.

I’m getting a little fed up with all the issues the car is having. I sent Acura client relations an email expressing my dissatisfaction with all the problems. Love the car, hate all the problems that it’s been having.

I would assume that they disconnect both batteries when changing the tanks? Maybe something related to the lithium battery pak? Do you notice if the battery assist gauge is showing electric assist? Do keep us posted.

Is there anyone out there that has had the tanks replaced that does not feel that their performance has been affected??? Mine goes in next week and it's making me nervous, and thinking about cancelling my appointment until they figure this out.

Just back from a drive and I don’t feel any difference. Mostly in Sport + and it goes like hell. Back roads only and I tried accelerating from different speeds. All seems good. Drive battery assists and charges as needed. Sport and Quiet the ICE turns off/on normally and the drive battery charges/assists normally. No issues with launch either, full battery assist and gone. My wife was with me and she didn’t feel any difference.

I rescheduled my service for the 15th. My local dealer said he had 2 tank sets that came in. He said $5K each tank if I heard him right......

About $2k per tank actually.

I drove mine quite a bit in Sport+ and off the line it didn’t have that rush. Then on the highway when darting through traffic it didn’t lunge like it used to.

A procedure called the Forced PI idle mode needs to be performed.

You guys probably know this, but the NSX has two separate fuel injection systems. The direct injection system is only what operates for pretty much most of the time. Get your foot into it and above a certain RPM, then port injection system comes online.

What may have occurred during then replacement of your fuel tanks is some air may be trapped in the lines for your port injection system. Which of course would cause flow issues when the engine needs it the most, lean out the mixture, and sap some power.

You could just go out and drive the car like it’s stolen for a little while, and the air will work itself out on its own. Or take it back to the dealer, and they need to enter the maintenance mode, then the forced PI idle mode, and let the car idle for at least 15 minutes. It shouldn’t be hard for them to figure out how to do that, since that same procedure is done to completely empty the lines of fuel as the first few steps of the tank recall.

Thanks for the info...... Very helpful and assuring when you're about to take your car in and wondering WTF might be the problem described by some. Certainly makes sense......

I am "scheduled" to have the car done and I got a call from the service guy this morning.

I had talked to him about damaged replacement tanks previous to the call and he was surprised to hear that one.

So, of course I kind of expected the call to confirm that the parts they got were damaged and it is going to be another week, no big deal to me.

I was right.

Hi, new owner here. I bought #649 the week when the recall was announced and the out of state dealer said they couldn't sell the car until the tanks and brake light updates were completed.

Fast forward to last week, I finally took delivery of the car and under hard acceleration, a fuel delivery problem light came on. As mentioned in an earlier post, the suspect was air had gotten in the port injection lines so the factory told my local dealer to bleed the lines. That lends some credence to some of the problems others may being seeing, but it wasn't the case in my car. The root cause turned out to be the inlet and outlet hoses to one of the tanks were reversed (even though I was told they were color coded!). The car runs fine now.

The selling dealer made no mention of the thermostat or USB update. How would I know if these were done already and what were these for? The car also does have some wind noise at freeway speeds on the drivers side. Is this something others have had fixed under warranty?

I am "scheduled" to have the car done and I got a call from the service guy this morning.

I had talked to him about damaged replacement tanks previous to the call and he was surprised to hear that one.

So, of course I kind of expected the call to confirm that the parts they got were damaged and it is going to be another week, no big deal to me.

I was right.

Cool, work out the kinks before they schedule me in. My cars next after yours

About $2k per tank actually.

A procedure called the Forced PI idle mode needs to be performed.

You guys probably know this, but the NSX has two separate fuel injection systems. The direct injection system is only what operates for pretty much most of the time. Get your foot into it and above a certain RPM, then port injection system comes online.

What may have occurred during then replacement of your fuel tanks is some air may be trapped in the lines for your port injection system. Which of course would cause flow issues when the engine needs it the most, lean out the mixture, and sap some power.

You could just go out and drive the car like it’s stolen for a little while, and the air will work itself out on its own. Or take it back to the dealer, and they need to enter the maintenance mode, then the forced PI idle mode, and let the car idle for at least 15 minutes. It shouldn’t be hard for them to figure out how to do that, since that same procedure is done to completely empty the lines of fuel as the first few steps of the tank recall.

I think you were 100% correct with your assumption. I just got my car back, I had to get new tires and waited to get the alignment at the same time, and my car is back to what it felt like before the tank swap. It was probably air in the system as you suspected. I didn't mention it to the service tech because if it just needed to be run a little more I figured it would work it's self out. Thanks for the insight. Car is fast as fvck again.

Back