• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 NSX coupe Silver/Black 5-Speed 69000 JH4NA115XMT001579

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Silver
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA115XMT001579
Price:
49,999 obo

Car History

Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
Minor accident noted on Carfax - No structural damage
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
[email protected]

Maintenance Information

Replaced timing belt, water pump, tensioner, engine mounts, all hoses, all belts, oil pan gasket, brake master cylinder and valve adjustment 7/2015. Less than 15k miles since.
Rear Knuckles - OEM Rear Knuckles (replaces rear lower ball joints as an assembly)
Tie Rod Ends - Front OEM Tie Rod Ends 8/2007
Coolant Tank - OEM Coolant expansion tank (2003)
A/C Compressor - OEM Honda Remanufactured AC compressor and 134a conversion 4/2006
Brake Fluid - ATE Super Blue
Clutch Master - OEM Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Fluid - ATE Super Blue
Tools - OEM ABS Fluid Change Tool included with sale
Trans Mounts - OEM Transmission mounts 4/2006

Details - JDM gears, flywheel, exhaust and suspension mods make this an incredible driving car. Nicely balanced and wonderfully reliable.

See attached pdf for additional details and pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,517
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 1,588
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 1,512
  • DSC_0011 (2).jpg
    DSC_0011 (2).jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,509
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,510
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 1,510
  • NSX Ad.pdf
    895.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Here are the ratios:
USDM NSX:
1st 3.071:1
2nd 1.727:1
3rd 1.230:1
4th .967:1
5th .771:1
Final Drive 4.062:1

JDM NSX:
1st 3.071:1
2nd 1.952:1
3rd 1.400:1
4th 1.033:1
5th .771:1
Final Drive 4.062:1 - My car has a JDM Type R 4:235 final drive

Result is better spacing on lowers gears, quicker, slightly lower top speed - definitely more fun to drive.

Additional detail below:

MECHANICAL AND PERFORMANCE
ARC DTM Exhaust Comptech Headers
K&N Drop In TRANSAXLE (this work was done by a previous owner via Basch Acura)
GEARS - JDM Short Gears, close ratio gear spacing RING & PINION - JDM Type R 4:235
CLUTCH - Comptech Powergrip II installed at 36,XXX miles Flywheel - JUN Lightweight Flywheel NOT in snap ring range

SUSPENSION Shocks

Bilstein sport with stock springs in lower position. ¾" lower than stock
Rear Beam Bushings
ScienceOfSpeed Non-Compliance Rear Beam. 3/2006 Toe Links
ScienceOfSpeed Rapid Non-Compliance Toe Links3/2006

BRAKES AND WHEELS
Wheels - Rays Volks 17/18 GT-N Gun Metal and Polished lips, includes limited edition carbon center caps. Fitted with Continental Extreme Contact DW (< 15k miles). Lugs - McGuard Spline Drive lugs

INTERIOR
Radio - 199 Factory Head Unit AMPS - Rebuilt by BrianK
Climate Control - Rebuilt by BrianK
Main Relay - Repaired Weak solder points 09/2015
Floor mats - OEM Black 10/2007
Window tint - Lumar 20%

CONDITION AND ISSUES
Mechanically the car is sound and maintenance is up to date with little more than fluid changes needed in the foreseeable future.
The interior is near perfect with the driver’s side bolster recently repaired looks great.
All interior metalized trim pieces have been replaced due to the that starts as these cars age. There is a crack in the dash trim by the climate control daylight sensor. All NSX
’s will crack here someday and repair requires removal of the dash. It is simply not worth the effort for such a small issue in my opinion. The only other issue with the interior is the head liner is just starting to sag near the rear glass, it looks fine but if you want it perfect it would need to be replaced. Non Smoker.
Exterior of the car is great for a 30 year old car with 69k miles. The front bumper was re-painted due to rock chips and really the two front fenders and hood could have been done as well. The previous owner chose to retain as much original paint as possible. Additionally, there are several very small dings in front of windshield on hood from storage mishap. You'd likely not notice, but I prefer transparency. There is an accident listed on the Carfax that occurred with a previous owner (DDozier). It was a 1mph "bump" in stop and go traffic. The previous owner had a police report filed in case there was damage. Before I purchased the car we had 2 different shops inspect for paint damage or signs of repaint and both were to my satisfaction that neither occurred. (I have a copy of one of the reports on file).
This car has been owned by at least 5 NSXPrime members. It was meticulously maintained by the last owner, and he sold me such a well sorted car that I had him perform the most recent round of PM (all fluids, belts hoses, MC, WP, ETC) He is a BIT of a perfectionist and I am sure he would be willing to discuss the work in detail if necessary. I have continued to maintain the car to this standard.
I have a of extras that come with the sale (leather bra, low beam lights, service ad owners manuals etc). PPIs are welcome. Additional photos and 2/18/17 Carfax and PPI available upon request.

Last edited:
Interested. Please PM me.

Back