• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospect Owner

Hello NSX Prime community!

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

I have been in the market for a gen 1 NSX for the past couple months during this lovely covid-19 quarantine. I have been browsing the forums and doing research about my current issue, and there are a ton of different answers and solutions to it (so I think)

I’m 6’5, about 270lbs with a 38 inseam. It seems like there is a lot of different feedback with past posts in the past 10 years about taller people like me trying to fit in a gen 1 NSX. Some of them seem to be:

- replacement seat cushion (dali seat cushion which seems to be discontinued)
- buying a coupe instead of a targa so there’s a little more headroom
- aftermarket seats with aftermarket rails

I’ve been trying to contact dealerships here in Southern California during the quarantine to see if I could just sit in one of the cars to decide whether or not I should bother continue looking for one to buy. Most are by appointment only or are not interested in me just “sitting” in one.

Does anyone have any updated information on guys as tall as me fitting into an a gen1? Would anyone in SoCal be willing to let me sit in theirs for 30 seconds to see if I should even bother to continue looking? I know I’ve seen about 6 different threads throughout the years talking about height and solutions, but it’s 2020 now and it seems like the dali seat cushion is no longer an option.

Congrats on your good taste in cars.... (get a coupe).
I'm 6'3" with a 36 inseam and I fit comfortably.
For track use (helmet) I install a Dali seat cushion (using velcro for a 30 second install).
I'm afraid with your dimensions you're gonna need an aftermarket seat. There are a ton of them out there, you'll need to see them in person and take measurements -- hopefully someone really tall here on Prime will see this thread and make a recommendation.
H-

there was a guy from Canada who owned a coupe and was 6'5"....it was white and he used to post a lot...but I can't remember his prime handle.....I think it was close to Dixdd or something close...

Last edited:
I figured I would need an aftermarket seat. Thanks for the feedback! With so many stores closed all I can do is look at specs online and measure them myself at home.

I’ve been trying to contact dealerships here in Southern California during the quarantine to see if I could just sit in one of the cars to decide whether or not I should bother continue looking for one to buy. <style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc ;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>Kodi nox Most are by appointment only or are not interested in me just “sitting” in one.

Last edited:
An NA1 Targa just sold on BaT and the seller commented that he was 6'6" and could never really comfortably drive the car. He had a flat-bottomed, smaller steering wheel rim on the car from Euro Boutique which he said helped a little....but not enough.

Back