• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MITA Motorsports AMA

Marc why is it that my JDM NSX can start up without me pressing down on the clutch pedal and why USDM cars can't? Why is there this difference?

You're too riced out. jkjk
There are several differences between JDM and USDM NSXs. One example is the ignition coils. JDM NSXs throughout 1991-2005 use 2 pin ignition coils while USDM NSXs changed to 3 pin.

As for your clutch pedal thing, for Japanese NSXs (this is why this product: https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/239543057) or other Right Hand Drive clutch pedals cannot be installed as is, is because it has a clutch switch lever. This allows you to be able to just start the car without the pressing down the clutch. While USDM cars they do not have this lever.

No discount codes right now. We had one for over $1500 purchases but no one ever used it. We sometimes host sales that have automatic discounts when added into the cart.

As for new wheels, We had everything at $2000 for a few months. Not many people jumped on it. It's always the same story, the offer is there, but when it's gone, that is when people ask.

Thanks for the fast reply, Marc. I was tempted at the $2,000 offer but just couldn't lean into the NC1 style wheel for the NA2 NSX. Thought it was a great discount, when offered. You're definitely on my radar for a wheel set purchase in the next 2-3 months.

Cheers!
-shaun

very timely..My 24 yo alternator is groaning...cheapest new one is 13xx. on oemacuraparts.com...Alternative is have a local shop rebuild...

Maybe time to upgrade to a super charger setup? I think the alternator rotates the other direction and is probably less expensive. :wink:

(Disclaimer: I'm not really serious, and not actually certain about the alternator, but thought SC's used a more common version)

No discount codes right now. We had one for over $1500 purchases but no one ever used it. We sometimes host sales that have automatic discounts when added into the cart.

As for new wheels, We had everything at $2000 for a few months. Not many people jumped on it. It's always the same story, the offer is there, but when it's gone, that is when people ask.

I thought really hard about jumping on your wheels when they were at $2000, but timing just wasn't right. However, I am now waiting for the next time when they are on sale. If there is some sort of email updates/mailing list for sales announcements, I would love to receive them. I do visit your sites very often. It's like a candy store for NSX enthusiasts!!

I always had a question about the RFY tow hook. The website says S2000 hook option, but I'm assuming it fits the NSX? What is the difference between left/right/s2000 hook option? Does the S2000 hook get sold separately?

Also, any idea if you will list the new RFY GT Exhausts (ver 3 and 4) on your website? I'm not pressuring you, just wondering. I hear the ver 4 exhaust is really good for those who want to quiet down the system.

I always had a question about the RFY tow hook. The website says S2000 hook option, but I'm assuming it fits the NSX? What is the difference between left/right/s2000 hook option? Does the S2000 hook get sold separately?

Also, any idea if you will list the new RFY GT Exhausts (ver 3 and 4) on your website? I'm not pressuring you, just wondering. I hear the ver 4 exhaust is really good for those who want to quiet down the system.

The tow hook attaches to the rear. So it's pretty much pick a side you want it to be. The s2000 option is extra if you want it to come out (it'll be in red). The S2000 tow hook attaches to the front of the S2000s but if installed for use for the NSX, it'll stick out from the rear.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, no plans because of Covid to introduce more exhausts. Especially since we're trying to promote our own exhaust. Which is really really good btw, probably the best out there *wink wink*

Sent from my SM-N9700 using Tapatalk

Hey, great thread. I've got an order in for a bunch of parts and looking forward to receiving them. Like others, I'm also looking forward to the next wheel offers. I'm a relatively new NSX owner, but was bombing around in it today around Phoenix, AZ and couldn't get the smile off my face. My '91 is dead stock with less than 30K miles and I'm hoping with your help to keep it that way!! Looking also for a NOS exhaust system for the '91. Keep up the good work!!!

Where do I find the code to order a new key? I want a monel key.
This is found in your key cylinder chamber either on the doors or trunk.

Hey, great thread. I've got an order in for a bunch of parts and looking forward to receiving them. Like others, I'm also looking forward to the next wheel offers. I'm a relatively new NSX owner, but was bombing around in it today around Phoenix, AZ and couldn't get the smile off my face. My '91 is dead stock with less than 30K miles and I'm hoping with your help to keep it that way!! Looking also for a NOS exhaust system for the '91. Keep up the good work!!!
Thank you!

Things have been congested and slower to send out due to the holidays though.

But nonetheless we promise to get your order out in a timely manner

This is found in your key cylinder chamber either on the doors or trunk.

I’ve read
that, but I’m not sure how to find the number on the trunk lock. I haven’t seen diagram. I took the carpet off to look, but wasn’t sure. Would you mind giving more details or a link to a diagram?

I’ve read
that, but I’m not sure how to find the number on the trunk lock. I haven’t seen diagram. I took the carpet off to look, but wasn’t sure. Would you mind giving more details or a link to a diagram?
It is in your door key cylinder. You will need to remove the actual door lock to find this code.

If you need further assistance please contact us via email. I don't want this thread to just be a "how to look for my key code" when we have it a "where to find it" written on our website with the product.

I’ve read
I think you have to remove the actual tail light to get to the trunk lock number. You can't just pull back the carpet to see. It'll be fairly obvious when you remove the center tail light.

Can you get a 2002-2005 headlight level adjustment switch? Part number 35820-SL0-G11?

p7XXtidl.jpg
Last I heard this was discontinued from the factory.

Thank you!

Things have been congested and slower to send out due to the holidays though.

But nonetheless we promise to get your order out in a timely manner

Just got all my "stuff" delivered by FedEx this morning!! All was as ordered. Great to do biz w/you. Expect we'll be doing more!! Happy Holidays!

Interested in converting my 2005 to one-piece armrest lid. What other parts do I need to make the conversion? Do I also need to change the center panel on the rear bulkhead (the part with the center speaker)?

https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/nsxr-arm-rest

You'll need the single piece armrest, you'll also need the center speaker center bulkhead panel from an earlier MY car that came with a one piece arm rest. Then if you want it to open the correct way you'll need the underside plastic piece from an original LHD one piece armrest.

You'll need the single piece armrest, you'll also need the center speaker center bulkhead panel from an earlier MY car that came with a one piece arm rest. Then if you want it to open the correct way you'll need the underside plastic piece from an original LHD one piece armrest.

OK, so even though that Mita part is for a 2002-2005 NSXR, those cars used the early pre-1993 center bulkhead?

I assume the single piece armrest is a different length than the dual armrest?

Last edited:
OK, so even though that Mita part is for a 2002-2005 NSXR, those cars used the early pre-1993 center bulkhead?

Correct, all cars that came with a single piece armrest as the stock option used the different shaped center bulkhead piece. I can't remember if it's a length issue or a shape issue with fitting the armrest and bulkhead together.

Correct, all cars that came with a single piece armrest as the stock option used the different shaped center bulkhead piece. I can't remember if it's a length issue or a shape issue with fitting the armrest and bulkhead together.
That seems to be a common complaint with the opposite sex as well, either shape or length :)

It is the under panel mounting that is different. The length is the same. Just the mounting panel that allows the single door to be placed.

NSXR even though it is 2002-2004 is very different in many ways than the standard coupes in that generation. Even more so with Targas that were more available in the USA.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-N9700 から送信

Back