• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner In Los Angeles Area

I’m now the proud owner of Steven Crofts’ 2000 Spa Pearl (“Ticket Me”) Yellow NSX-T. (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28572&highlight=yellow) Wanting to create the ultimate track car that didn’t look like the ultimate track car, Steve, the original owner, modified the car with a Comptech supercharger, headers, exhaust, airbox, Dali swaybars, Zanardi suspension, and HRE rims. I flew from Los Angeles to Dallas to check it out; and, I am sure like many of you, decided to buy it somewhere between second and third gear. And Steve, the total class act, had the car detailed the day he handed it over: I learned my first lesson about NSX owners!

So I left it with a friend in the Dallas area who was going to hold onto it until I could arrange to get it back to Los Angeles. He did me the favor of running it a bit to keep the battery up – but 300 miles?!? Now I’m wondering about the time I asked him to keep an eye on my wife while I was out of town…. And the car was also well cared for by Susan Tableman at Goodson Acura in Irving, who inadvertently named the car when she asked me about “the yellow beast”. (For those of you who don’t know her, the value of an NSX goes up considerably by her having touched it!)

After a few fits and starts with getting a closed transport scheduled (grrr!), I got tired of waiting, and my wife and I shot out to Texas to drive it back to Los Angeles (Manhattan Beach / South Bay, if there are any sightings) in two 750-mile, 9-hour, 3-Valentine-One-saved days. What a great way to get to know the car!

But, I have to hand it to, and thank, the NSX Prime community. Without y’all, I wouldn’t have found it, researched it, or purchased it. I may be new at this all, so please put up with any naïve questions (I have now read the FAQ!); and I hope to be counted among your excellent company in times to come.

David Warhol

congrats!!!!1

It gives me great pleasure to be the first to congratulate you on you new NSX.

"If in doubt..........Punch it!"

Skyguy

congratulations,

Hope to see you at the meet this saturday.

Congrats - sounds like you'll fit right in here!

Yea! The South Bay gains another NSXer...I'm sure I'll see you around (yellow NSXs are hard to miss).

Congrats!

Congrats

Welcome to the club. I have a spa yellow pearl 97 in Westchester/Play del Ray. I'm sure we'll be seeing one another.
good luck!
mark stepp

Back