• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is slightly lower on right side

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 92 BLACK BLACK # 977 AND AFTER HAVING CAR TOTALLY CHECKED BY LOCAL ACURA DEALER (ALSO A FRIEND) I NOTICED IN THE GARAGE LAST NIGHT THAT THE CAR SITS ABOUT HALF INCH LOWER ON RIGHT SIDE. THE CAR DRIVES PERFECTLY STRAIGHT AND HANDLES WONDERFULLY...OR SO IT SEEMS COMPARED TO MY RX300...ANY HELP OR IDEAS TO A NEW NSX OWNER WOULD BE GREAT

Is this after the car is settled and sitting for a couple hours or so? The reason I ask is that even if you drive up a curb to get on your driveway, it will compress one side more than the other, and it will remain that way for quite some time sitting there. Kinda like jacking up the car and letting it back down.

Andie

Originally posted by nsx_in_lighthouse_pt:
I NOTICED IN THE GARAGE LAST NIGHT THAT THE CAR SITS ABOUT HALF INCH LOWER ON RIGHT SIDE.

Just an oddball question -- have you checked the tire pressure? Perhaps it may be a few PSI high on the left and a few PSI low on the right?

Originally posted by sjs:
HELP! I'm caught in a loop...
loop...
loop...

Me too!
biggrin.gif

WELL AFTER HAVING IT LOOKED AT AGAIN...BY A DIFFERENT PLACE THAT IS DOING MY NEW CLUTCH....THEY SAID THE RIGHT REAR SHOCK IS WEARING OUT FASTER CAUSE THAT TIRE SPINS MORE?...SOUNDS REASONABLE TO ME AND THAT TIRE IS WORE A BIT MORE....ALSO I AM HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING AN ALIGNMENT BECVAUSE OF THE SMOOTH EDGE MOMO RIMS I HAVE...ANYONE ELSE WITH THAT PROBLEM OR SOLUTION?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

92 BLACK/BLACK

Why would the right rear tire spin more? (Unless you're spending all your time on the skidpad going counterclockwise...)

I would think the tire would wear more, or more unevenly, because of a bad shock or spring, not the other way around. Plus, if all 10/32 of your tread was gone, how much lower would that make the car?
confused.gif

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I'M JUST GOING WITH WHAT THEY SAID...BUT A THEY DID SAY THAT IT WAS GETTING TIME FOR A NEW SHOCK SET=UP?....ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS? AND ALSO THEY SAID THE NEW SHOCKS WOULD BE BETTER THAN A STIFFER SWAY BAR SINCE IT WILL MAKE THE CAR RIDE POORLY

------------------
'92 Black/Black #977

First off, look to your left and hit that caps-lock key, so you can stop yelling and save your breath. I think shocks make a much bigger difference than sways on typical ride quality. Choice of shocks depends on whether you want to keep stock height or lower the car 1-2". Check out Science of Speed for the Tein coilovers, probably the best way to go if you are going to change. Otherwise, the Bilsteins at Dali Racing have received many good reviews if all you want to change is the shocks and not the springs.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Hello from the UK - I have a UK spec 97 NSX-T (RHD) which sits about .5 of an inch lower on the the RHS - like you - drives straight and handles like magic. My local dealer "couldn't find anything wrong" - (but I'm sure they didn't take the shocks out to check) ... have you replaced the shocks? Did that cure it?
It's driving me nuts looking at the car sitting slightly down on one side ...
Thanks!

I had a off shore boat that had a list on the right hand side. It drove me nuts. Finally I put a bag of sand in the rear storage compartment on the left hand side. Boat was fine after that. When the winter came I did some research and found that the battery was installed in the wrong place. When I put the battery in the correct place I was able to remove the bag of sand. Is there anything in your trunk.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 05 February 2002).]

If your camber is uneven between left and right it will also make one side higher than the other.

Re: NSX IS SLIGHTLY LOWER ON RIGHT SIDE

Sorry to resurrect this but has anyone had any joy resolving / diagnosing this problem?

I had this same problem on my previous car.
It was the shock in my case.. Upgraded to Tein RA's and everything was fine.
I specifically went this route so that is it wasn't the shock that was causing the issue, I could just change height on the coilover to even it out. And if its not the shock, then hey, you've got a great susp. package now.

You might want to ask the previous owner if he had the car aligned and corner balanced to a specific driver weight. My car is set up specifically to my weight. When my car is driverless, the driver's side of the car sits up a little.

Hi, just saw this picture in another thread...its from a Zanardi, but it appears that right side IS heavier, and possibly this is why right suspension wears slightly faster...? just a thought...<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>

Hi, just saw this picture in another thread...its from a Zanardi, but it appears that right side IS heavier, and possibly this is why right suspension wears slightly faster...? just a thought...<O:p></O:p>

Oh really? Interesting!

And good to know

My car does this too, just get adjustable-height coilovers to even it out. I have my right shock length set like 0.5" longer than my left to compensate.

Wow this is an old thread

Back