• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One '94 NSX...a snow storm...and an owner who may be a little 'off'...OH MY!!

Okay, so this all started years ago when I was toying with the idea of putting snow tires on my NSX since I loved driving it, and did not want to park it for the winter snow season. Anyway...people would always talk me out of the idea, and I would put snows on something else. Either my S2000 would get snow tires, or my M3, or the trusty Honda Accord EX that I have had since before I was legally allowed to drive. Well, this year I figured, 'Screw it!! I am putting snows on this baby and we are going to see what happens,' and placed a call to The Tire Rack. Two days later I had a complete set of Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22 snow tires on my doorstep!! WOOO-HOOO!! :D

Anyway...this all leads us to today. The day started out dry and cold here in Indianapolis, but I had hopes that the weatherman would be right this time and we would get the huge snow storm that they were predicting so that I could try out my new 'shoes'. I took a long lunch, packed the car with wheels and tires, and headed down to Penske Honda right around the corner from where I live. The look I got from the people in the service department was priceless when I told them I wanted to put snow tires on my NSX. They thought I was nuts....but were eager to see what resulted from my lunacy. ;)

Anyway...as I was leaving the dealership the skies opened and snow fell. SNOW, SWEET SNOW!!! WOOO, YEAH!! :tongue: :biggrin:

A little bit later, the roads looked like this, and I started having a blast!!

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_snow_front_dr_side_Indy_.jpg

To earn money I will be plowing driveways with this for $50 each. ;)

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_snow_front_Indy_.jpg

More snow...more fun...now MUCH DEEPER!!

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_snow_front_pass_side_Indy_.jpg

But where did he put the OTHER wheels and tires?? OH!! Here they are!!

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_wheels_front_seat_snow_Indy_.jpg

Now THAT is one nice backside.... ;)

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_snow_rear_Indy_.jpg

I figured I would come on here and share the fact that I am having the time of my life in this car!! Snow tires make all the difference!! Now I will take a slight break and let some of you that own garage queens recover from your heart attacks and pull yourself back up to the computer before sharing some of my stories from tonight....but trust me....they are GOOD!! The NSX is an amazing car with first class handling in ALL weather. Now...I now some of you think I am a little nuts, but just remember that car are for DRIVING!! So if you are on the edge and hedging about letting your car see rain or cloudy skies, remember my NSX, and know that it can take MUCH more than that and be reliable at the same time. Drive your NSX's!! You only live once, and you only get one crack at having a good time while you are here. CARPE DIEM!!! :D

That's a seriosly good idea. I would do the same in a heartbeat!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sounds like you are having a blast. What do you do when the snow gets higher than the front bumper? My biggest concern would be other drivers or ice. Lets hear the stories!!

sjones said:
Sounds like you are having a blast. What do you do when the snow gets higher than the front bumper? My biggest concern would be other drivers or ice. Lets hear the stories!!

Well....I just got back in from the garage because the snow is getting pretty deep so I decided to remove the OEM lip spoiler to gain some much needed ground clearance.....I will get a story up here in a second. Patience my friend. ;)

You should put on the Wings west front lip and start charging people to plow there parking lots. If your feeling real brave, hit the TCS button. :eek:

prova4re said:
You should put on the Wings west front lip and start charging people to plow there parking lots. If your feeling real brave, hit the TCS button. :eek:

Actually....I had the TCS off the entire time. It was much easier for me to control that way. But I am Canadian....we are used to this stuff. ;)

Big_nate said:
I'll give you 50 if you can even get up my driveway in that thing:biggrin:

Enjoy your sled, I'm sure its a blast!:smile:

Nate

I could use $50....PM me your address. ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
Well....the snow is getting pretty deep so I decided to remove the OEM lip spoiler to gain some much needed ground clearance. ;)
Sounds like you're having a good time Meeyatch1 .. at last another crazy Canadian takes the plunge! I've driven mine through rutted snow so deep that it started building up in front of the nose and eventually started sliding up the hood. You're right about the stares though .. although I think they're so stunned that I've never had a thumbs up like you do with stares in the summer time. A cool thing about turning the TCS off that you didn't mention is that you can then practice your drifting skills (on large empty parking lots only).

YES, drifting...... :eek: :cool: :eek: I wondered when that was going to come on....... Thanks, Meeeeyatch, we're getting your Blizzak now. Gonna send it right on over to prova4re in Windsor, ONT! Shovel my timbers :biggrin:

alum04org
I guess its better give than recive.........5 inchs of SNOW! :tongue:
I am going to pass it along to Larry B as a late birthday gift. :biggrin:

Mitch..again, you are nuts. But I am almost as nuts driving and MR2 (as I have now for 9 winters). :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Awesome! Those pics are making me feel cold while I am sitting here in my jeans and Tshirt :biggrin:

O K already, dang it!! Just get that new exhaust from the drawing board R & D boys to the "Sound Boys F1 studio" and let us enjoy! :biggrin:

Coming from an area with 6-7 months winter, leaving the car in the garage for the whole season was not an option. After e-mailing with one of the Canadians, I was convinced the NSX could be used during winter as well. I have encountered two major problems; one is the crossings where there can be really big heaps of snow and in the NSX it is difficukt to see if there are some other car passing so I have to sneak out slowly and have a peek first. The other is that the NSX being an exotic creates twice as much attention in the winter season. :)
As a winter car with the engine placed above the wheels, this creates the best grip possible + TCS and ABS makes the NSX the best 2WD I have ever had.
I am using Yokohama Winter on mine.

you guys are slowly convincing me I can get an NSX regardless of where I move after college. I always said if i'm gonna be in a cold weather climate, i'd get an AWD audi and hold off on NSX... but hey, maybe by then I can pick up an early NSX and a used Element for the really bad days.

I love to see people drive their cars :)

OK. You are positively nuts. There is no denying that.

However, I do have a question for Mitch. Why did you pick your newer NSX to be abused in the winter. If you *HAD* to pick one, Why not the 1991 NSX. :confused:

either way. I would say the samething as John(Anytime) but today it was 20 degrees in Tyler.:eek: :eek: Don't feel to bad for me - its supposed to be 65 this wknd. :biggrin:

Hi Mitch

Great pictures. Keep them coming.

My NSX is parked and will probably not see snow at all this season. If I had the NSX closer to where I live I am pretty sure I would take it out for a drive.

Actually I need people to die before I can get a garage where I live. A lot of old people own there own garage with their Hyundai's in the complex where I live. And it seems like my Rammstein playing and watering outside to make it slippery does not help :)

I would like a MR2 to practice my drifting skills during winter. My 1983 Golf is not that fun during winter, but it works.

Drive carefully and be sure to have a great time.

Regards

That's as daring as sitting on your wing!:biggrin:
(would like to see a shot of you sitting on your wing in uniform while someone is driving your car in the snow) {photo chop- opp}
I hope other drivers see you, your white 94 really blends in with your climate!
Agree, why pick on your white 94? Not sure about Canada but there were
only 26 white 94's in the states (not counting the 6 autos). Really hope we don't see a post where your 94 is crunched due to other drivers / conditions.
Have fun! & let us know the legnth of your longest 4 wheel drift this season! :wink:

Last edited:
Back