• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Longest member without an NSX - finally gets one!

I don't know where to start. I am shaking.....

I have been a member here a long time. I joined October 2003. Only took me 20 years to buy the car

Maybe @Lud can find my original screen name. Love affair like most of you started a long time ago. Owned all the Hondas, hatchbacks, wagons, crx, etc etc, s2000 (two of them), never could get the NSX.... Don't want to bore you guys.

When I was in college at Berkeley, for 2 years I was the cashier at Oakland Acura. The Raiders players and some other people would bring their NSX. The service manager knew I was a huge fan. Well if they needed to test drive the car, he would take me passenger, the 180 degree freeway onramp, intake sound behind the ear.. I was hooked...

During my working years, had a boss with a yellow NSX (01 I think). He bought it new, I got a few rides in it. I remember the LA times lease deals when the NSX was finally going out of production, so affordable, yet so out of reach it seemed at the time.

Went through many a sports car since.. have some good ones in the stable..but never scratched the NSX itch... people had Countach posters.. I had NSX poster in wall and garage and bedroom.

Well earlier this year started looking for a 90-93 HT, MT car. No power steering. Couldn't find any that really spoke to me. I was always a loud color car guy, but as I am getting older, wanting a color that blends in, but not black (too hard to keep clean).

Well few weeks ago I see an ad for a 97+ car. People kept telling me targa squeaks and rattles etc. I always wanted the 3.2L 6MT car, but out of budget. So I talk to the owner a few times. Well decided to go kick the tires today before holiday trip for a week away with the fam.

As I get there, car has all the NSXPO stickers front and back. 1 owner car. Gentleman has an NSX jacket, NSX stickers on his garage wall. Only mod being a H badge front and rear.

I was in love. Usually I have go to 2-3 states to buy a car far away, this was close to me!

After looking over the car for an hour, I asked if I can ride passenger to hear the flex or rattles. We drive around, no noise, car is solid, AC is cold, man... o man..

I ask to drive. He reluctantly tells me he hasn't let others drive the car since 99 when he bought it new. I know the feeling.

Everything works as it is supposed to. This was the one. Right owner, all the documents, books, NSXPO stickers, jackets, shirts, signed by engineer... etc etc.. we share stories for a few hours.

Bank is closed. I wasn't ready to buy today. We agree on a price. I am ecstatic. The gentleman is the right steward for the car, and I want to continue that journey and cherish this machine

Left a deposit. Agreed on all terms. Now pay the balance and take delivery, when bank opens! I couldn't contain my excitement and had to make this post.

Truly a dream come true.... lots of hard work.... lots of dream realized....i Just can't believe it..

Sorry for the long post... but had to share it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't hit me its mine as of yet...

Attachments

• FEE2A39A-4C90-47CB-A9BA-408CF3C93579_1_201_a.jpeg
    FEE2A39A-4C90-47CB-A9BA-408CF3C93579_1_201_a.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 56
  • CFEFCC55-B6FE-480D-9746-31D3A9E6C242_1_201_a.jpeg
    CFEFCC55-B6FE-480D-9746-31D3A9E6C242_1_201_a.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 868C32E6-58BC-4CD0-AF13-92A00C06B113_1_201_a.jpeg
    868C32E6-58BC-4CD0-AF13-92A00C06B113_1_201_a.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 0AEB722E-A864-41DB-9A52-01A694517EF9_1_201_a.jpeg
    0AEB722E-A864-41DB-9A52-01A694517EF9_1_201_a.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 53
I remember that car from past xpos....Awesome to realize your dream car...What was your original screen name?

I remember that car from past xpos....Awesome to realize your dream car...What was your original screen name?
I remember you Doc! Can't wait to get to a XPOS, gotta figure out the next one the details. This car belonged to member #299.

I think @Honcho was able to update it.

Last edited:
so awesome for you .to finally scratch he itch and get so close to home and a well taken care of example for an owner who appreciated what he had .. to pass onto you to keep the journey alive and I think the color checks all the boxes for you.not loud but somewhat rare as im sure others will point out.. congrats and send phots once you take possession ..

so awesome for you .to finally scratch he itch and get so close to home and a well taken care of example for an owner who appreciated what he had .. to pass onto you to keep the journey alive and I think the color checks all the boxes for you.not loud but somewhat rare as im sure others will point out.. congrats and send phots once you take possession ..
Thank you!

Yeah surprised how close to home it was, and to find an owner who is passionate as I have been. Definitely a dream realized...

The NSX posters went from my home to my dorm room to my office to my garage.... I even went to NSXPO (without an NSX) once with a friend.

I have been the ultimate NSX poseur essentially (living vicariously through alll of you without a car).

I will certainly keep the journey alive, be a steward of the car, enjoy it, and hope to have the same stories with my family as the PO has had.

7 more days till possession, I can't wait! Definitely will be lots of photos.

Happy Holidays!

I just responded to you on Instagram. I am doing a happy dance for you! Wow wow wow! Welcome to the NSX fam. Merry Christmas too! You’d better get to a NSXPO sometime.

I just responded to you on Instagram. I am doing a happy dance for you! Wow wow wow! Welcome to the NSX fam. Merry Christmas too! You’d better get to a NSXPO sometime.
He gave me the book, with every single NSXPO checked off. Of course, every single NSXPO sticker is on the front windshield and back on.

You were one of the best posters on AZ forum, and when you got yours, I was SO happy for you. It felt like my brother got it. I have been following your sons car and all your NSX stuff there.

I posted on this forum, told my wife, told my college roomie, and sent you a message on Insta. That was it.

Appreciate the kind words. Merry Christmas.

I will DEFINITELY be taking this car to NSXPO!

I don’t understand why your story makes me feel good… : )

Congratulations!!

Reading your posts I thought Neo had moved to the US;)

Welcome to Prime! We need all the enthusiasm we can muster to keep these treasures on the road. Looking forward to your insights for maintenance and ownership. So awesome you could get your old username back. I couldn't get mine back, probably because I was waiting to actually get one to post.

What an awesome account of your acquisition and the transfer of stewardship for this beauty. I'm glad it went through. It took 3 tries as my seller backed out twice while I was driving over :) . Similar story with a zillion Hondas (2 wheels & 4), over a decade of searching, & finding one 35 minutes from my house!

Hope to meet you at NSXPO 2024.

Last edited:
Welcome to Prime! We need all the enthusiasm we can muster to keep these treasures on the road. Looking forward to your insights for maintenance and ownership. So awesome you could get your old username back.

What an awesome account of your acquisition and the transfer of stewardship for this beauty.

My story was similar with a zillion Hondas (2 wheels & 4), over a decade of searching, & finding one 35 minutes from my house!

Hope to meet you at NSXPO 2024.
Been on Prime 20 years.. hehe :)

Looking forward to meeting you in 2024.

Sitting in TX dreaming about my future NSX next week!

Your story sounds exactly like mine!!

Just spoke to Ramon at Niguel Motors - he of course knows the car very well. Was surprised owner will sell.

Back