• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Steering Wheel picture thread

20150219_170606.jpgI recently purchased NRG's new flat bottom carbon wheel. I'm pleased with the feel and quality of it. I do remove my wedding ring though so not to scratch it.

Last edited:
Installed my wheel this afternoon:

IMG_1977a.JPG

IMG_2016a.JPG

Airbags are for Pussies...

:D

Don't know the story of Dale E.

Removing the airbag is OK if you have a 4 point harness. If they still manufacture cars with seatbelt + airbag combo there must be a reason. And I can't risk my life just for the looks. Unless you tell me that after 23years my airbag probably won't even deploy.

My favorite steering wheel is the Momo mod78 with suede

Don't know the story of Dale E.

...Earnhardt

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy to think I didn't wear a seat belt as a teenager for the first 6 years I was driving...and now look I won't install an aftermarket wheel because it doesn't have an airbag. I guess I'm Safety Sam.

Removing the airbag is OK if you have a 4 point harness.

...Earnhardt

I think you will find plenty of information that suggests that airbags are largely irrelevant when you are in a 4-point harness, so in that regard it is correct to say it's okay. What's not okay, as Mr. Earnhardt tragically showed, is wearing a harness without head restraint.

I have a Hans for when i race but it might be overkill for a Sunday ride on the backroads

If you're not strapping into the harness with a helmet, obviously the HANS is pointless. If you are strapping in without helmet-HANS, then I suppose you are counting on not crashing, so why bother with the harness. If you're going with 3-pt, some would say the airbag is an important part of that system.

It's a picture thread boys, back on topic thats a nice Sparco [MENTION=5373]Single Samurai[/MENTION]

Thanks Brother!

It's a picture thread boys, back on topic thats a nice Sparco [MENTION=5373]Single Samurai[/MENTION]

Thanks Brother!
I really enjoy it .... It completely changed the feel of the way the car drives... If that makes any sense:)

It shouldn't but I feel more like part of the car and just the visible difference / open feel of the cockpit without
that big mass infront of you makes a difference. The quick release makes it super nice as well getting in and
out as you place it on the passenger seat then connect once in our disconnect when getting out.
I don't think I could ever go back to OEM after driving it like this...:biggrin:

Last edited:
7509178854_c969aaf94f_b.jpg

Mugen III Wheel (Momo wrapped in alcantara)
NSX-R Horn
Works Bell Rapfix II quick release hub
Works Bell flapper release system

Very nice. How does the suede hold up? Anyone else running the Mugen III in their NSX?

Very nice. How does the suede hold up? Anyone else running the Mugen III in their NSX?

ive had mine for several months now. the suede that comes with the mugen wheel is actually pretty damn disappointing in my opinion. its stretched so much that its pretty thin. i prefer slightly thicker steering wheels when gripping it but whatever... it's not "bad" or anything. just not the level i was hoping for. other than that, i love mine.

Mugen III
Works Bell quick release
Works Bell short hub

View attachment 150908

Where did you get this done?

I'm looking to get my stock steering wheel re-wrapped in OE looking leather only thicker and sans stripe. The offerings by Euroboutique are too flashy for me. I want basically a stock steering wheel that's thicker.

Looks like Euroboutique to me. They offer a lot of different options

Where did you get this done?

I'm looking to get my stock steering wheel re-wrapped in OE looking leather only thicker and sans stripe. The offerings by Euroboutique are too flashy for me. I want basically a stock steering wheel that's thicker.

I got this done by DCT Motor Sports.

Back