• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Camber Kit Before and After Photos

NSX Camber Kit from Ayotte Technologies (Ayotte is pronounced aye-yacht). Ok here are the Pictures of before and after. I had already performed the install on the right side when I remembered the camera, so only the left wheel before picture is available. I tried picking the before picture from the best angle to show how bad a 1.5-2" drop looks. The picture of the right side of the car is to show the wheel gap; it's about one finger (3/4 inch). As you can determine from the after picts the wheels are at zero camber. That's pretty good with 1.5-2" drop. There is still normal adjustability in the camber collets, which will allow the NSX to be dialed into normal specs. The pictures show the zero camber setting for representing the kit's possible extreme correction.

Kit is T6-6061 billet aluminum.
Final cost, expect between $350-$400
Easily installed, DIY.
1.8°-2.2° correction for lowered vehicles.
Kit should be available sometime in July of 2006.
*Figures are derived from a vehicle lowered 1.5-2”

Attachments

• after_gap_right.JPG
    after_gap_right.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1,692
  • after_left.JPG
    after_left.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,198
  • after_right.JPG
    after_right.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,375
  • before_left.JPG
    before_left.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,129
Last edited:
This camber kit is one Ayotte Technologies has developed to be DIY for the NSX. It correctsbetween 1.8-2.2°. We will have it available within three months or less. The product works great, we are working out the minor manufacturing bugs.

Last edited:
Yea, so go ahead and sign me up for one. My tires will thank you for it.

Thom said:
Ok here are the Pictures of before and after. I had already performed the install on the right side when I remembered the camera, so only the left wheel before picture is available. I tried picking the before picture from the best angle to show how bad a 1.5-2" drop looks. The picture of the left side of the car is to show the wheel gap; it's about one finger (3/4 inch). As you can determin from the after picts the wheels are at zero camber. That's pretty good with 1.5-2" drop.

WOW, it is about time! You will make a killing with these kits, if they are quality...

Sign me up also :tongue:

I know that it is probably too soon to tell, but how will dialing out all the camber affect the handeling of the car. I assume neg camber is good for cornering but bad for tire wear. If you dial out all of the camber, does that mean the car will tend to have a looser rear end because of tire roll-over, or does the "squarer" contact patch provide better traction? I really have no idea how this stuff works.

Thom,
This looks great visually, I'm sure Kevin's concern is valid, but this fix looks like it will greatly reduce the wear I am experiencing.

Put me at the top of the list for a set! BTW, what's the predicted price?

My concern is with how this kit would affect my wheel fitment. From the pics it looks like the wheel comes *right out* to the fender once corrected whereas it was "tucked" a little more inboard before the camber correction. The top of the wheel is pushed out to correct the camber, if you will.

The reason for the concern is that my car has the wheel already as far outboard as I care to have it. It seems this kit might make the wheel stick out on my application. I'll await pics from other installs but I think I won't be able to use this without ruining the look of my wheel placement in regards to the fender. :frown:

J

ChopsJazz said:
Thom,
This looks great visually, I'm sure Kevin's concern is valid, but this fix looks like it will greatly reduce the wear I am experiencing.

Put me at the top of the list for a set! BTW, what's the predicted price?

Hey Ken, I'm Kevin's brother, but I still answer to Kevin:biggrin:

The curse of being the younger brother.

Hiroshima said:
I know that it is probably too soon to tell, but how will dialing out all the camber affect the handeling of the car. I assume neg camber is good for cornering but bad for tire wear. If you dial out all of the camber, does that mean the car will tend to have a looser rear end because of tire roll-over, or does the "squarer" contact patch provide better traction? I really have no idea how this stuff works.

Now-a-days with lower profile tires there is much less flex in the sidewall requiring much less camber. With the less camber straight-away trackion is also increased.

You also asked about wheel fitment. If there is an issue you can do one of two things; 1) have the inside face of wheel lathed down for increased clearance if tolerances of your wheel allow or 2) increase negative camber with the camber adjustment on the lower control arm to ensure the tire tucks in. Now remember there will still be some negative camber movement with wheel travel, so as the wheel in compressed it will tuck under the fender, but again, if more tucking is needed than increase negative camber as needed.

Last edited:
ChopsJazz said:
Sorry, I saw the "smashed" NSX avatar and got confused!
NP Ken, glad to see you are still on the boards,... Kevin comes by once in a while...

Say hello to your lovely wife for us.

This is going to be a very promising product. Few questions to ask:
1. Is it going to be easy installation?
2. Would it fit with any kind of shock absorbers or coilovers available for the NSX?

Thanks.

Jin1976 said:
This is going to be a very promising product. Few questions to ask:
1. Is it going to be easy installation?
2. Would it fit with any kind of shock absorbers or coilovers available for the NSX?

Thanks.

1> The installation should be pretty straight forward for the DIY (due it yourselfer).
2> The black car in the photo has a set of D2 Coilovers lowered 1.5"-2". As far as the evidence we have, this should fit all NSX years.

If some-one in the DFW area has a 2002+ and is going to purchase this kit, I will perform the install. This can help to ensure no changes were made to the critical parts that would preclude 2002+ NSXes from using the kit.

Hiroshima said:

that will depend on how you drive your car, i.e. track it versus street. 0 camber will be good for tire wear but will hurt you when it comes to taking turns fast you will not be able to take them as fast as when you had negative camber.

clr1024 said:
that will depend on how you drive your car, i.e. track it versus street. 0 camber will be good for tire wear but will hurt you when it comes to taking turns fast you will not be able to take them as fast as when you had negative camber.

Thom said it would correct for about 2degrees of camber +/- .2degrees. I've lowered mine about 2 inches or maybe a little more. My camber is at more than -3degrees. Installing this kit would still leave my car at ~1degree negative. That's fine for anything within the limits of the law and probably for highly spirited driving (anything short of track driving).

If more negative camber is needed for the track, as Thom said you can use the stock camber adjustment to dial in whatever you want / need. Also, it should be mentioned that there's a point where more camber isn't beneficial even on the track. Lastly, one needs to remember that static camber is much different from camber as you're driving, especially at the track.

J

Uh, if you gain camber on one side under compression then the other side gets positive camber which would not be good for traction. So if your rear is already set to near zero camber it is true you'll get back the ~2 degrees or whatever under load but look at the other side of the car. I do not think this is a smart modification and maybe that's why nobody has bothered with a camber correction kit like this, but that's just my $.02

Nihilation said:
Uh, if you gain camber on one side under compression then the other side gets positive camber which would not be good for traction. So if your rear is already set to near zero camber it is true you'll get back the ~2 degrees or whatever under load but look at the other side of the car. I do not think this is a smart modification and maybe that's why nobody has bothered with a camber correction kit like this, but that's just my $.02

I don't intend to heat the conversasion up. I am merely showing zero camber for the sake of the ability of the kit to correct excessive camber. We know that some negative camber is good. The adjustability is still present for indivicual users. I'm saying less camber is needed when moving to lower profile tires. Yes, zero-camber is great for street and some negative camber is benificial for the track, not arguing these ideas. Can we agree here? I really intended for this thread to show that a kit has been developed and will be offered, and I hope to answer any questions that pertain to the upcoming kit. I appreciate your input, but I believe it would be more prudent to link any argument pertaining to track verses street to existing threads that will elaborate on the pros and cons of camber for the NSX. Thanks a bunch.

Thom said:
I don't intend to heat the conversasion up.

We know.:wink: Thom, we are just glad that people pay attention to the NSX. Thank you for your contribution, I think the community as a whole has been looking for a camber kit. Sorry if my question crapped on your thread. No flames intended.

Jeff

If this works out It would save me $$$$ on tires. I go through 2 sets a year with my 19's on Tein RE coilovers. Would this kit work for 19's

cool. keep us posted on when this part will be avail :smile:

Back