• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Camber Kit Before and After Photos

Any updates? I'm still trying to stay off the road with those nasty negative camber. Hate to ruin my 315's before it's time.

Best Regards
Paul

We are presetly ensuring the first run, proto-type check, is within tolerances. Schedule has not been changed. NSX parts are so few manufacturing puts this product on the back of the run list. I am attempting to keep them on schedule, still July.

NSXDreamer2 said:
LOL. Dave, I think you know what I'm talking about, the subject is even wear vs premature wear on tire's inner side...:biggrin: It's unfortunate that the we can get the tires wear evenly with 6 months life...

Oh, btw, I just want to point out the wear characteristics of straight line driving, which most drivers and sadly, majority of the enthusiasts do. And lowering the car to the point of having premature wear just showing that they weren't driving the car they should with the specific setting== wasting money on tires.

Given an aggressive track alignment and lots of negative camber, the car need stay on the race track in order to see even wear over the entire life cycle of the average 10/32nd depth street tire IMO. No matter how you classify your driving style and skills, it is almost near impossible to typically curtail it with frequent street use. At least none of the streets I am aware of. :wink:

IMO even for the most avid enthusiast, any extended highway driving, even just going to and from the track, will definitely more quickly wear the insides right out; which most definitely gets pricey- especially on an NSX. A clear balance between dollars and performance, an in an ideal world of limitless go-fast funds a compromise that would be but an after thought.

Likely few vehicles and applications short of off-road only competitive environments truely warrant such consideration by most enthusiasts, which is why OE manufacturers edge towards highly conservative with their settings. Most enthusiasts are best to leave their alignment settings relatively closer to the OE side (little more aggressive is usually ok on most production street cars) unless they are seeing an irregular wear problem on frequent track days or can otherwise justify the added cost associated with having a shorter life cycle for their rubber.

John@Microsoft said:
Given an aggressive track alignment and lots of negative camber, the car need stay on the race track in order to see even wear over the entire life cycle of the average 10/32nd depth street tire IMO. No matter how you classify your driving style and skills, it is almost near impossible to typically curtail it with frequent street use. At least none of the streets I am aware of. :wink:

IMO even for the most avid enthusiast, any extended highway driving, even just going to and from the track, will definitely more quickly wear the insides right out; which most definitely gets pricey- especially on an NSX. A clear balance between dollars and performance, an in an ideal world of limitless go-fast funds a compromise that would be but an after thought.

Likely few vehicles and applications short of off-road only competitive environments truely warrant such consideration by most enthusiasts, which is why OE manufacturers edge towards highly conservative with their settings. Most enthusiasts are best to leave their alignment settings relatively closer to the OE side (little more aggressive is usually ok on most production street cars) unless they are seeing an irregular wear problem on frequent track days or can otherwise justify the added cost associated with having a shorter life cycle for their rubber.

But for the daily driver, would not the benefit of this kit be to correct the problem?

Thom,, me as well. Waiting for my new wheels and springs from Chris @SS.
I'm just down the street in Plano.. let me / us know when they are ready.

thanks

acd

Shumdit said:
But for the daily driver, would not the benefit of this kit be to correct the problem?

I would say it would be highly unfair to charecterize the higher tire wear on the NSX as a 'problem'. The NSX was designed as a street-able well mannered supercar. Some level of difficult technical compromises were neccessary by the designers 15+ years ago. Owners then complained about excessive tire wear early on, and they regressed on the specs to accomodate them. Fast forward to modern day.. and I think what you are really seeing, is that as the entry cost of the NSX platform has now slipped essentially below 20 grand on the used market, you will increasingly be seeing a lot of new owners that want the vehicle to behave like an even better daily commuter, similar to other sports cars that they may have driven whereas they can get 25,000 miles off a set of tires driving back and forth to work everday.

The NSX like most production sports cars is adjustable as-is within a certain range. IMO, for most owners the factory range offers enough of an adjustment range to be adequate provided they are using the right specs. Camber kits are designed to allow adjustments outside of that range on either end of the spectrum. For some applications they can be made adjustable and for others they are static/fixed (as-is the case with the offering from CT given the ball joint design on the hub of the NSX).

In Motorsports, there have been a lot of camber kits available over the years for for many different production sports cars, to solve many different problems. Every vehicle and owner application is typically very different- thus what might be ideal for one owner on one vehicle would be flat out wrong for another. It just depends on what, in the big picture, you are really trying to accomplish with your vehicle. Once you move over to aftermarket adjustable suspensions, lower the car significantly with 1.5-2.0" + drops, widen tracks, etc.. and start making other changes with supporting modifications with significant deviation from OE- several variables often come into play for a given target alignment which may be mitigated in certain instances with an aftermarket camber kit. It's just case by case.

For those whom really want to maximize the life of their tires on the street- as may be the case for those whom are either not performance enthusiasts, are otherwise forced to endure long commutes and/or a lot of unavoidable highway miles, in-city traffic, etc.. such a kit as mentioned in this thread could well be useful for those owners as it would allow them to be running as close to 0 negative camber as possible.. which is highly desirable for even tire wear on the street for the average user, and when coupled with less scrub due to the milder toe settings (as Dave mentioned) and a higher tread wear tire far more miles can obviously be garnered per set assuming everything is setup properly. All things considered the loss of handling, lateral cornering, and changes to the slip angle, suspension theory, etc... are likely far distant priorities for many of these owners. Some times just calling it 'good enough' is good.

On the opposite end, for the track rat performance enthusiasts whom have more or less off-road only vehicles and are less concerned about tire wear on the street, tire bills, etc... just really being foremost concerned about having even wear on the race track and/or extracting the best possible handling potential from the vehicle on R Compounds and slicks- they will likely be interested in the CT offering or a custom solution which would give them even more negative camber.

In the end, everyone has to decide what works best for them and their vehicles, how much performance vs. real-world practicality they really need, as they are the ones that have to foot the bills from tire rack.

Last edited:
ACCD said:
Thom,, me as well. Waiting for my new wheels and springs from Chris @SS.
I'm just down the street in Plano.. let me / us know when they are ready.

thanks

acd

ACCD,

I'll put you on the list. To reiterate, I will do the install on DFW area NSXers.

To ALL,

As for an update: Manufacturing has pushed this kit back a few weeks. Unfortunately, this could mean August for first sold units.

Well I'm also interested! Let us know when the kit is avail, pricing etc. :smile:

I am "in" as well, Thom.

Thom said:
1> The installation should be pretty straight forward for the DIY (due it yourselfer).
2> The black car in the photo has a set of D2 Coilovers lowered 1.5"-2". As far as the evidence we have, this should fit all NSX years.

If some-one in the DFW area has a 2002+ and is going to purchase this kit, I will perform the install. This can help to ensure no changes were made to the critical parts that would preclude 2002+ NSXes from using the kit.

Willing to be the 02+ DFW car for the install :biggrin:

no hurry here

accd

I just installed eibach springs:biggrin: ...put me down when a list starts:biggrin:

Back