• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iron Maiden Coming to US in October - Pre Sale Info

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Iron Maiden are pleased to announce they will be beginning their 2006 World Tour with eight dates across the USA and three dates in Canada starting October 4th in Hartford, CT.
This follows the recent announcement that their highly anticipated new studio album 'A Matter Of Life And Death' will be released on September 5th on Sanctuary records.

Says Bruce Dickinson 'This is the first time we've started a tour in the States for many, many years. It's going to be great to get out there so the fans can get to hear the new material and see the new show first for a change. We're all incredibly pleased with the album, and the tremendous response of those people who have had the chance to hear it so far. Their reaction has been phenomenal and we expect to play a lot of it on tour.'

'We will be bringing the full show to America, which we are currently putting the final touches to, and we fully intend to make it as spectacular and memorable as we can. And of course, our mate Eddie has already booked a place on the plane with us'

On the topic of "A Matter of Life and Death," Bruce comments, "This album has to be our best since working with Kevin Shirley (Producer). There is such a wide scope of musicianship on this album. Every one of us has put everything into this record and it's really paid off.'

The upcoming North American dates represent the beginning of the "A Matter of Life and Death World Tour,' which will continue into Japan and then travel through to Europe, finishing with 2 shows at London's Earls Court Arena just before Christmas. All the shows on the European leg have been on sale since March and reaction to the dates has been incredible, with the majority of shows already sold out months in advance.

Accompanying Iron Maiden on the USA tour (excluding the Hartford and Los Angeles ) are new UK metal sensation, Bullet for My Valentine, who have been receiving rave reviews while on tour with Guns N' Roses throughout Europe.

4 OCT - USA - New England Dodge Music Center - Hartford, CT
6 OCT - USA - Agganis Arena - Boston, MA
7 OCT - USA - Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ
9 OCT - CANADA - Colisee Pepsi Arena - Quebec City, QC
10 OCT - CANADA - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC
12 OCT - USA - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY
13 OCT - USA - Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ
16 OCT - CANADA - Air Canada Centre - Toronto, ON
17 OCT - USA - Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
18 OCT - USA - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
21 OCT - USA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, CA

Tickets for these shows go on-sale to the general public from the 12th August (check www.ironmaiden.com for details of individual shows).

However - members of the Iron Maiden Online Club can access our fanclub-only pre-sale from August 1st!

If you're already a member, sit back and relax for a few days, then check www.ironmaidenonlineclub.com on Tuesday 1st August for a link to buy.

If you're a member of Laz's offline club (the Iron Maiden Fan Club) then you need to claim your FREE membership of the IMOC before you'll be able to access the pre-sale. Just follow the instructions at www.ironmaidenonlineclub.com and make sure you get yourself registered as soon as possible.

Feeling left out? You can join the club right now, just go to www.ironmaidenonlineclub.com and follow the instructions.

I've seen Maiden 4 times in the past ('87, '92, '00, '03) and I could've sworn that they announced no more arena tours after Dance of Death. What's up with this limited tour schedule?

The original tour schedule had all of the US dates in early '07. I expect they'll start in the US then the ROTW and come back here for more shows. At least they're playing in Rosemont near you. Nothing yet for South Florida which is bizarre especially since Nicko lives in Boca and they have a gazillion fans down here. I might have to fly up there and see them with you. :)

I had to look up this one

I've lived here almost 40 years and seen hundreds of shows in this area and I have never heard of this arena. Google says its a 6300 seat arena at BU. I can't understand why they wouldn't play The (TD Banknorth) Garden which is where the larger bands always play, unless they're concerned about filling the 19,000+ seats.

GNR - greatest band of all time. Everyone else is no more than a distant second. :tongue:

Edit: I don't know how to do the polls, but I think a "Greatest rock band" poll would be pretty cool, no? My votes:

1. GNR (undisputed supreme winner)

the rest are "classics" not necessarily my favs but still kick ass nonetheless:

2. the Stones
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Pink Floyd
5. Metalica (er, no but I understand...)

nevermind, I can't do this. My other favs are just not as big as GNR was or the Stones... Little help on an objective list?

robr said:
I had to look up this one

I've lived here almost 40 years and seen hundreds of shows in this area and I have never heard of this arena. Google says its a 6300 seat arena at BU. I can't understand why they wouldn't play The (TD Banknorth) Garden which is where the larger bands always play, unless they're concerned about filling the 19,000+ seats.

There are other smaller venues on the tour as well. They probably had to mix it up due to the last minute nature of this tour and scheduling difficulties. They have no problem selling out soccer stadiums all over the world in hours and filling arenas here in the US. Seeing them in a 6300 seat venue would be great. Maybe I'll fly up there instead of Chicago. :)

Ski_Banker said:
GNR - greatest band of all time. Everyone else is no more than a distant second. :tongue:

I have a copy of Chinese Democracy if you're interested :)

Led Zep is just too good to be ranked. I was lucky enough to have been able to see them live over a dozen times. Seen GnR at least 8 times in concert too but IMO they're not quite Led Zep. Maiden is of course the greatest band because they're still recording albums and touring like it was 20 years ago.

Other faves:
The Who
Floyd
Rush (Neil is God)
Tull
Aerosmith
AC/DC
DreamTheatre
Alice Cooper
Mozart (Piano Concertos)
Stravinsky

This could actually go on for a while....I have over 2500 CDs in my collection and there's so much great music.

Hugh said:
Other faves:
The Who
Floyd
Rush (Neil is God)
Tull
Aerosmith
AC/DC
DreamTheatre
Alice Cooper
Mozart (Piano Concertos)
Stravinsky

Not a bad playlist, but I still feel for poor Charlotte. Precious thing puts up with you romping on her daily, and she has to listen to Iron Maiden all the time? For Shame!!!

:biggrin: You should post the "I've seen Led Zeppelin" comment in with the "How old are NSX owners?" threads, just to skew the results upwards a few years. :biggrin:

Ski_Banker said:
Not a bad playlist, but I still feel for poor Charlotte. Precious thing puts up with you romping on her daily, and she has to listen to Iron Maiden all the time?

Sounds like you need to start Upping The Irons a bit yourself. A lot of people in the US have never actually taken the time to listen to them. The boys are simply incredible. And I'm not easily impressed and there's no other band that I can listen to each and every day and grow tired of. I grew up in NYC in the 70's and 80's and got to see all the classic British supergroups live many many times. This was by far the most important period in Rock and Roll. Those bands are still influencing new bands emerging today.

A typical NYC concert schedule during the mid to late 70s and into the early 80s:

6 nights of Zep
4 or 5 nights of Floyd
3 or 4 nights of The Who
Tull
Cream
Rush
Genesis

and great second tier bands all the time. I practically lived at Madson Square Garden. Those were great great years. Music always has and will always be a very important part of my life. it was tough suffering through the years of crap like INXS, The Cure, Tears For Fears, U2 and other related garbage.

Charlotte appreciated the "precious" remark btw.

What can I say, Charlotte and I share a special connection. I could feel 'er vibing me over at Wheelsboutique, but didn't want to step on any toes. :biggrin:

Based on the "80's trash" list of Cure, U2 (OLD of course, not the i-pod goofballs ralphing out records now) - what'd you think of "Hole"? I have a nice heart-felt post from yesterday somewhere mentioning Hole and NSX Files, but it died the same death as the NSX Files did with the tech wreck. :frown:

MoreRPMs said:
I've seen Maiden 4 times in the past ('87, '92, '00, '03) and I could've sworn that they announced no more arena tours after Dance of Death. What's up with this limited tour schedule?

that means you're old..... j/k :smile:

Hugh said:
A typical NYC concert schedule during the mid to late 70s and into the early 80s:

6 nights of Zep
4 or 5 nights of Floyd
3 or 4 nights of The Who
Tull
Cream
Rush
Genesis
Not likely. Cream broke up in 1968 (although they did a few reunion concerts in London and New York last year).

Oh, and the Stones will be in Chicago on October 11 - right in the middle of NSXPO. Grrr...

Who's Iron Maiden? Never heard of 'em...

I'll second the Rush and Dream Theater. I love prog rock/metal, I started playing drums when I was 14 and of course Neil was my idol. The guy isn't just a drum god though, he's also a lyrical god and a very enjoyable writer as well. The stuff he's gone though in his life is hard to imagine, it's even harder to imagine a guy as private as him putting it all down on paper and sharing it with the world.

Hugh, if you decide on Boston and need a place to stay, let me know. I'm about 35 minutes north.

You didn't like Powerslave?!? Somewhere in Time and 7th Son weren't my favorites but still enjoyable. No Prayer for the Dying is where it really started bumming me out. Then you get into stuff like The X Factor without Bruce or Adrian.

However during that period, Dickenson's 2nd and 3rd solo albums (with Adrian) are easily as good as anything Maiden has ever done IMO.

I don't have high hopes for the new album, but we'll see. I thought Brave New World was awful and they played far too much new material on that tour.

robr said:
You didn't like Powerslave?!? Somewhere in Time and 7th Son weren't my favorites but still enjoyable. No Prayer for the Dying is where it really started bumming me out. Then you get into stuff like The X Factor without Bruce or Adrian.

However during that period, Dickenson's 2nd and 3rd solo albums (with Adrian) are easily as good as anything Maiden has ever done IMO.

I don't have high hopes for the new album, but we'll see. I thought Brave New World was awful and they played far too much new material on that tour.

Just started to get a little too corny IMO...

This thread is going to make me fire up the'ol Techniques turntable and spin some vinyl that I still have. :biggrin:

Ski_Banker said:
I don't know how to do the polls, but I think a "Greatest rock band" poll would be pretty cool, no?
How about "Greatest Album/CD"?

My votes, sorted by artist:

nsxtasy said:
Not likely. Cream broke up in 1968 (although they did a few reunion concerts in London and New York last year).

Oh, and the Stones will be in Chicago on October 11 - right in the middle of NSXPO. Grrr...

Who's Iron Maiden? Never heard of 'em...

I meant to say Clapton. It's funny that you mentioned the reunion concerts, I had the Royal Albert Hall DVD playing on the PC when I put up that post. :)

robr said:

Zennsx said:
I thought Maiden went down the tubes after Piece of Mind... Any thoughts Hugh??

Anything recorded with Blaze doesn't count. I couldn't bear to hear the sound of his voice. It's a shame because a lot of great songs were written during that period. At least some were re-recorded live with Bruce. Speaking of which...Dickinson's solo stuff was fantastic. He just released the Anthology DVD which was actually a bit disappointing in the quality of the audio and video.

robr said:
I'll second the Rush and Dream Theater. I love prog rock/metal, I started playing drums when I was 14 and of course Neil was my idol. The guy isn't just a drum god though, he's also a lyrical god and a very enjoyable writer as well. The stuff he's gone though in his life is hard to imagine, it's even harder to imagine a guy as private as him putting it all down on paper and sharing it with the world.

Hugh, if you decide on Boston and need a place to stay, let me know. I'm about 35 minutes north.

I played drums in high school but never had the time to continue once I started working. I've actually been thinking of getting a set of drums and taking lessons. If nothing else it's a great cardio workout. I'll just get the pair of Voice Of The Theater's out of storage, hook up a big ass amp and play along to some tunes. :)

The way life has treated Neil is tragic. I've read his Ghostrider books, still marvel at his lyrics and am still blown away by his musicianship more than 30 years after first seeing him live. I try to see them every time they tour.

I'll let you know about Boston after the tickets go on sale next week.

nsxtasy said:
How about "Greatest Album/CD"?

My votes, sorted by artist:
B00003002C.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

One of the best albums ever for demo'ing a sound system. :)

Hugh said:
I played drums in high school but never had the time to continue once I started working. I've actually been thinking of getting a set of drums and taking lessons. If nothing else it's a great cardio workout. I'll just get the pair of Voice Of The Theater's out of storage, hook up a big ass amp and play along to some tunes. :)

The way life has treated Neil is tragic. I've read his Ghostrider books, still marvel at his lyrics and am still blown away by his musicianship more than 30 years after first seeing him live. I try to see them every time they tour.

I'll let you know about Boston after the tickets go on sale next week.

If ya don't mind, or have anything better to do like sleep at 1:45am, what happened to Neil Pert that was so tragic? I've always liked Rush (not like some ravenous fans though). Whoever wrote that their LYRICS were what were amazing was spot on. Subdivisions? Distant Early Warning? Manhattan Project? Red Sector A?

Yeah they could write a powerful tune.

For some reason I can't fall asleep. I took a Percodan, Xanax and Rozerem about 20 mins ago and still feel spunky enough to hop on the Busa for a quick little 100 mile hyper-ride. But obviously I won't.

On August 10, 1997, Peart's daughter and only child, 19-year-old Selena Taylor, was killed in a single-car accident somewhere between Ottawa and Toronto. His common-law wife of 22 years, Jaqueline Taylor, succumbed to cancer only 10 months later on June 20, 1998. Peart, however, maintains that her death was the result of a "broken heart" and a complete apathy towards life due to the passing of their only child. [1]

In his book Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, Peart told his bandmates at Selena's funeral "consider me retired." [2] However, after a hiatus to mourn and reflect, including four separate trips around North America on his motorcycle that would eventually cover 55,000 miles (documented in "Ghost Rider"), he returned to the band. While visiting long-time Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan in Los Angeles, MacNaughtan would play matchmaker and introduce Peart to his future wife, photographer Carrie Nuttall. Peart married Nuttall on September 9, 2000 and rejoined his bandmates in early 2001.

With the 2002 release of the band's Vapor Trails album, Peart has returned to the business of performing live with his bandmates. At the start of the tour, it was decided amongst the band members that Peart would not take part in the daily grind of press interviews and "Meet and Greet" sessions upon their arrival in a new city that typically monopolize an immensely popular touring band's daily schedule. While Peart has always shied away from these types of in-person encounters, it was decided that having to needlessly expose him to an endless stream of questions about the tragic events of his life was quite unnecessary.

Back