• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Faded Wiper Arms - Paint, Repainting.

I saw a couple how-to threads on here on the subject of removal, sanding and repainting on the Wiper arms, but nothing about what paint to use. I have some flat-black that I purchased from a hardware store a while ago, but I have no clue if that's really suitable for the nsx. Is there specific paint that should/could be aquired from Honda/Acura? If not from there, any specific links on where/what to purchase?

Has anyone tried taking the arms to a professional body shop - if so, how much to have them repainted?

thanks,
.jeremy

I painted mine with just a good exterior Krylon (flat black or semi gloss I think). Looked as good as new to me.

Two weeks later I painted them invisible. (took them off and put in trunk since I normally never drive in rain :tongue: )

FuryNSX said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is SEM? Is that a brand? Or does it stand for a type of paint? :confused:

It's a brand. You can get it at most auto body supply stores. Good call Doc.
133_a.jpg

Mine were fadded and the paint was pitted in some spots so I also repainted them. I didn't have any flat black rattle can paint around, but I did have barbecue 800deg paint with a dull finish. I painted them with this stuff and they came out looking amazing. Plus, if I'm ever stuck on the side of the road with a package of hot dogs, I can cook them with my wiper arms and they won't burn. :biggrin:

Back