• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

jdm foglight install?

just got my brackets from the sos for my jdm foglights anyone have any install pictures or instructions to cut down on my frustrations......thanks fro your time

Last edited:
I just did my install yesterday.The only real trick (and it is not too hard) is getting a wire from the inside to the front compartment/fog lights, I went thru the existing brake line grommet. I mounted the relay up front, so I only needed to bring one wire thru the front wall.

I used oem EDM foglight switch in an oem EDM switch bezel. A friend of mine went to europe and brought them back for me. I had a tough time trying to figure out the EDM switch, the switch I had had 6 pins, well a little time with an ohm meter and all is good. I wanted all of the factory switch lights working correctly. So I needed 5 pins, I also had to figure out how to get wire on the switch pins, (no connector) I used old computer power wiring harness (the power supply plug for a floppy drive worked great, just jad to file the sides and it fit, so then I only needed one more pin figured that out as well.

thnaks for the tip i was going to use the sos light switch but ihave the factory phone controls already there and sont want to take it out. probably go with a rocker switch black in one of the cutouts under the steering wheel so it wont be seen and easy to get to and to remove if necessary.

did you convert to hid? and do you have any pictures of install? i just got the brackets from sos and it looks simple enough to mount

No I have not converted them to HID yet. I have some pictures, what do you need to see? I had a cheap rocker switch in one of the cut outs before I got the oem switch parts, worked out well.
I could do a DIY write up if you wold like....

whatever you think will be helpful for my install also did you use the oem factory mount for the fogs. would love to know how to connect those since i got the fogs without brackets and had to special order the brackets from sos without any instructions of any sort thanks the switches you used would also be cool to see

Another option

Use something like this and there is no wires to run or holes to make.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PILPLSW29

I only have the one channel as this one was not available at the time. Ran the power wire from the relay in the fuse box next to the spare tire. I tied into the wiper circuit (no cutting required) and the lights turn off with the ignition if you leave the switch on. This setup allows you to run the lights by themselves without any other lights on. I use the fogs as daytime running lights.

Just a suggestion!!

Re: Another option

Hope I'm not hi jacking but could u use this to wire your cut switch? this item is very interesting...

Use something like this and there is no wires to run or holes to make.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PILPLSW29

I only have the one channel as this one was not available at the time. Ran the power wire from the relay in the fuse box next to the spare tire. I tied into the wiper circuit (no cutting required) and the lights turn off with the ignition if you leave the switch on. This setup allows you to run the lights by themselves without any other lights on. I use the fogs as daytime running lights.

Just a suggestion!!

You can use it operate any 4 items in your car that you'd like. Some might require additional relays to handle higher current draw.

Some people have said that other car remotes can mess with its operation. I personally would not use this device unless the car was on/running. You know, for things like lights, stereo equipment, nitrous control, etc. Thinks you would usually flick a swith to operate. I think its great for fog lights as you can do everything up front under the hood.

I was thinking about using it for a starter motor interupt or fuel pump interupt but if other remote mess with this unit it make just be a waste of time..

I'll try to put up a pics..here is the oem edm front fog light switch on the left and a blank on the right.

Attachments

• CIMG0140.JPG
    CIMG0140.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
This is the oem bracket installed. it is the bracket closest to you, in the middle of the pic. the holes in the background to the left are for the plastic cover that gets removed). on the left hand side there is a slot (near the red wire) this is where you insert the rubber coated flap end of the fog light.

In the next picture you can only see one of the two mounting bolts, There are two bolts that bolt it to the bumper frame. The holes are there, but the bumper plastic and foam are in the way. This pic is looking up from the ground

Attachments

• CIMG0146.JPG
    CIMG0146.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 227
  • CIMG0148.JPG
    CIMG0148.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 222
Here is a pic of the bracket from the back and the two bolts up thru the bumper frame (This is after condenser fan/shroud etc. were removed.) I can not remember where I got this this pic is from, but credit goes to the op.

Attachments

• 014ns.jpg
    014ns.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 261
Back