• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the BEST INTAKE on the market

My is connected directly to the side vent too:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: Except... My piping is MUCH BIGGER!!!:tongue:
13449AIS3.jpg

Mugen whore show off ..LOL

Actually buddy your casing is wider at the base. My entire intake is an air filter that starts a half inch from the side vent and almost touches the throttle body. Just nice loooooong air filtration. Of course mine only cost $200 and has no CF :frown:

On this car, I do not believe much improvement can be found.
I still have the Carbon Fiber RM (I believe) intake with open ended K&N cone filter the PO installed on my car. (not open ended, but filtered end, close to the side intake opening)
Have the stock air box & new OEM filter I will install (thought I would have done it a couple yrs ago) but have not got around to it. This set up does sound really good compared to stock, but doubt if it adds much if any HP.
The sound alone may be reason enough for many? It is pretty cool 4k and above..........

There has been tons of debate here over K&N cone as well as flat filters having negative effects on our cars. But I am not too concerned.
If it were me, I would look to spend the $$$ elsewhere.
Here is a shot prior to my ownership.
(If anyone needs a yellow powder coated bar "cheap", shoot me a PM,
Its collecting dust on a shelf):biggrin:

nsxtino.jpg
[/IMG]

apexi duel velocity stack intake is the best in cleaning ability.

with that said, i run no filters at all on 2 of my cars.:rolleyes:

filters are over rated and kill air flow. :biggrin:

I have in my NSX what seems to be a identical concept of Vancehu's MUGEN intake. I have the DF air scoop combined with this intake kit made by K&N called their Apollo CIS (Cold Intake System) its almost identical to the Mugen design concept just smaller but serves the same purpose, a fully inclosed air filtration intake system which when combined with the DF air scoop would be a perfect combo for a fully inclosed cold air intake system. The price of the system is very reasonable too $126 shipped to my door. Here is a photo of the kit...

RC-5052AB.jpg

I used to run that a while back. I liked the 'bling' factor and thought having a smooth tube from air cleaner to TB would be better than the OEM rubber boot. It might've been but it is a pain in the A$$ installing that thing. I don't even know if I ever got it lined up on each of it it either. Once I got the hoses around it and tightened down I didn't care anymore. Just wanted to be done with the job.
I took it out and sold it on here recently and went back to the OEM unit. I'm staying with it.

Good to know I was looking at that but refuse to buy anything from Dali racing:wink:

I have the downforce stack intake system(MUGEN REPLICA)001.jpg002.jpg mated with the downforce scoop, pride v2 quad exhaust, and pride high flow cats. The sound is amazing. Throttle response feels better and the car really feels like it pulls harder. I plan to get my car on a dyno to see what it makes.

So the best intake won't make any power and, in fact, may hurt one's acceleration, although not by enough to notice without timing lights or a gps based performance monitor. SO the best intake would be the one that sounds the best, and for some, the one that looks the best. Both are pretty subjective so there is probably no such thing as the absolute best intake.

Technically on a dyno a tiny gain? Maybe. But I would challenge anyone to bring their car to Gulfport Dragway and let me run it with their "best" intake and with the stock intake, without telling me which one is installed before each pass. I bet there wouldn't be a tenth difference between the two runs.

I have the GruppeM and it definitely sounds better than any other intake I've heard. I think it looks better than all the others too. Does GruppeM even make NSX parts anymore?

No harm leaving the OEM drop filter in with the DF intake scoop right?

I hear people are unhappy with the K&N as it tends to leave gunk. I know the UNI filter is an option too.

Back