• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the BEST INTAKE on the market

What is the best intake for performance that money can buy currently available?

I think you already have it...

OK, I guess what I am looking for then is a replacement Air Filter box that is improved, and the piece that goes directly to the throttlebody.

I have read several threads on intakes and the conclusion I have come to is that the factory air box is difficult to improve on. Plus it is doubtful that you'll be able to measure the improvements on a dyno.

You have done about as much as you can do on a normally aspirated car...without doing internal work to the engine.

Go drive it and enjoy it!:smile:

i wonder how long can these intake last?
how could we wash or clean up the filter after maybe couple years of use?
are these like a 1 time deal or something inside can be replace?
i really like this carbon intake but if we cant clean it then that means a couple years later u need to buy another one again?

I just saw that as well, but was not sure how it works. Would have been nice if he had taken pictures of this stuff installed.

I also found this but I don't know if it works with the ARC box.
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1101

ARC
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/archive/induction_box/

I believe you can clean the filter and it should be done every 20-30k miles?

The Arc filter is more bling than anything.......

Jon Martin has tested a lot of different air filters at AEM.......he said that was the one that gained the most on the dyno......and he has had all the filters.

You can talk to Alex Vizcarra at GruppeMUSA or ask Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura.

I believe you can clean the filter and it should be done every 20-30k miles?

The Arc filter is more bling than anything.......

Jon Martin has tested a lot of different air filters at AEM.......he said that was the one that gained the most on the dyno......and he has had all the filters.

You can talk to Alex Vizcarra at GruppeMUSA or ask Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura.

So you're sayin the Gruppe M, right?
Does it connect to anything in the quarter(like the CAI)? or is it open in the engine carpartment?

So I guess it sits kinda like this?
Really wanted to keep the cold air from the Quarter panel!
9192_.jpg

So you're sayin the Gruppe M, right?
Does it connect to anything in the quarter(like the CAI)? or is it open in the engine carpartment?

No way that filter is huge from Gruppe M.....but if you talk to Alex or Jon they can explain to you the r&d about the intake from Gruppe M. I like it I did notice a difference after I put it on.

The stock airbox is difficult to improve upon. Get a good filter element (like the Unifilter) and you're set. Realtime even used the NSX airbox in their race Integras. However, there are other options like the above and I can add a few more to the list.

- ITBs! ScienceofSpeed, TODA, and Revolution are sources. Of course, installation is more than just bolt-on (requires engine management, etc). But the performance is there.

ITB-450.jpg

- Mugen Intake System. Discontinued but sometimes available in used condition in Yahoo Japan auctions. Description linked: http://www.nengun.com/mugen/intake-system-honda-nsx
At 8k, I know of no one that has actually bought the thing.

- M's has interesting intake though I don't know of any performance benefit but it certainly looks good:

cimg5042t.jpg

- Procar and Comptech are potential options as well. Both are CF boxes.

My intake is the best!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MUGEN

Do you know why? Because it has the largest filter surface area of any filters.

I also found this but I don't know if it works with the ARC box.
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1101

I used to run that a while back. I liked the 'bling' factor and thought having a smooth tube from air cleaner to TB would be better than the OEM rubber boot. It might've been but it is a pain in the A$$ installing that thing. I don't even know if I ever got it lined up on each of it it either. Once I got the hoses around it and tightened down I didn't care anymore. Just wanted to be done with the job.
I took it out and sold it on here recently and went back to the OEM unit. I'm staying with it.

where can u still get the Gruppe M intake?
dont feel good purchasing with dali!

and anyone know the detail on how to clean up their Gruppe M intake?

yeah that is good to but not too many people going to drop 4k on that.....I only know one other person who purchased ITB's and that is one of the 3.8L stroker guys.

Suck - I thought I'd be the first. :( ;) I wonder what the numbers are like? For stock engines the value isn't there but for a stroked engine ITBs or a custom single large plenum should be, almost, mandatory.

yeah that is good to but not too many people going to drop 4k on that.....I only know one other person who purchased ITB's and that is one of the 3.8L stroker guys.

Curious....would it be possible (still a streetable car) to hit above 400rwhp with a properly tuned and modded car with ITBs and 3.8L? I would think and hope so, but have never seen any dynos. If there are dynos...post away!

I have had Gruppe M kevlar box, M's aluminium intake and Procar full airbox. I thought the Procar sounded the best. Performance can't confirm.

Back